Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Democracy in Egypt under Military Rule

Knight Of Shadows

this is the same channel who operated in egypt under the 25 revolution

who operated in exactly same situation but somehow they must be broadcasting

something the military does not like arrested the director

heard he was lat go but not sure yet

http://www.egyptindependent.com/news/prosecutor-issues-arrest-warrant-al-jazeera-director

• Like 1

Would this be the "democracy" promoted by the probably soon to be late Mr. Morsi? I believe he was all for press freedom.

• Like 1

Wonder what the material was.

Wonder what the material was.

that's the problem .. they never say that " sign of dictatorship "

the claim was that the channel had no licence to broadcast " channels denies it "

and this channel broadcasted the original revolution " in same circumstances "

broadcasted all things that's happening

but in my opinion democracy has been raped in egypt in public

and things are only going to get worse " no military should ever rule a country "

Maybe you should tell your dictator that. You are still in syria.

I said that the egyptions had elected their next dictator.

I get the impression that the Army is trying to keep some semblance of peace and keep the country from coming apart at the seams. They may react too heavy handed against the pro Mursi people and if they do then it's on.... But if they just allow the Islamist Brotherhood to set the agenda the same thing is going to happen anyway. The Brotherhood isn't going to just give up when they have waited so long for this power.

• Like 2

Maybe you should tell your dictator that. You are still in syria.

I said that the egyptions had elected their next dictator.

yes .. and i will never " run away " from my country

is that a problem to you ? and why bring it up ?

I get the impression that the Army is trying to keep some semblance of peace and keep the country from coming apart at the seams. They may react too heavy handed against the pro Mursi people and if they do then it's on.... But if they just allow the Islamist Brotherhood to set the agenda the same thing is going to happen anyway. The Brotherhood isn't going to just give up when they have waited so long for this power.

personally i think both sides are stupid litarly

muslim brotherhood just want to eat all the power and leave nothing for anyone else

seculars would go to any extend not to see anyone muslim in power

military who's place " Should " be in inbetween to break them off .. is taking a side

which will in return result in armed resistance against military and would lead to whole new level of violence

Would this be the "democracy" promoted by the probably soon to be late Mr. Morsi? I believe he was all for press freedom.

he was dumb as well trying to seize all power to him self and his group.. but elected none the less

you see the problem in middle east is they NEVER learn

once they see the throne of power they want to sink their teeth in it and eat it all

will they ever learn to let opposition rule along some them NO !

would the opposition let them rule along side them ? NO !

each team just want to play solo .. no rest will come that way

This whole issue probably isn't going to get resolved without a lot of violence, there seem to be two very different populations. Those who want a religious government and those who don't. Both seem to be willing to revolt to prevent the other from taking control and military is stuck in the middle.

• Like 1

This whole issue probably isn't going to get resolved without a lot of violence, there seem to be two very different populations. Those who want a religious government and those who don't. Both seem to be willing to revolt to prevent the other from taking control and military is stuck in the middle.

actually the military no longer stuck in the middle .. which is the dangerous fact

military has taken side .. a big mistake and deadly one

one that could lead the country into bloodbath

i mean why on earth would military take side

if they left morsi opposition protest longer they will eventally have brought him down

but since they interfered it made the matter more dangerous

specially after they start killed pro morsi protestors

military who's place " Should " be in inbetween to break them off .. is taking a side

From how it's been reported here, the side the military is taking is "the vox populi", which although not exactly the military's role, it's a sign that Egypt mightn't be heading down the Pakistan/Fiji route just yet.

• Like 1

From how it's been reported here, the side the military is taking is "the vox populi", which although not exactly the military's role, it's a sign that Egypt mightn't be heading down the Pakistan/Fiji route just yet.

it may appear that way .. but it's taking the " vox populi " path against other " vox populi " :D

a matter of politics should have been settled with politics as long both sides were allowed to demonstrate . protest and practice their rights

now it's different with only taking one side of people it will cause rage i've already seen it in people's speeches

specially after military shoot down 42 or so of the other side of people whom protesting

now each one of these people has at least family or friends of 10 who are willing to take action against military

then those get killed another rise .. i always say it's endless to fight civilians .. they keep on coming :D

egypt surroundings , demographic and groups build is differnet

it won't be long before an outrage by muslim community against the military

and if military won't step down they're going on it in force

it's a mistake .. military should always stay on it's job .. that's protect the country

as long as both parties were able to express their thoughts , desires , and opinions the country is just fine

but when you take down part and favor another .this is when things get ugly

i hope am wrong but it may seems the country on verge of breakin down and bloodbath civil war

coz of one very dumb and stupid military leader

and if it happens it won't only split the popluation of the country .. it will also split it's military

and you can imagin what that means

he was dumb as well trying to seize all power to him self and his group.. but elected none the less

you see the problem in middle east is they NEVER learn

once they see the throne of power they want to sink their teeth in it and eat it all

will they ever learn to let opposition rule along some them NO !

would the opposition let them rule along side them ? NO !

each team just want to play solo .. no rest will come that way

Well, exactly. That's how revolutions have always been, isn't it. Even if someone is "Democratically" elected, it really doesn't make any difference than it would if he seized power in a Coup, since they all just want power. Countries with established systems of "democracy" like W. Europe and, so far at least, the U.S., have systems to keep this under control, like (in the U.S.) setting time limits ont he term someone can be President, but in places that there's no tradition of Democracy, then they'll be just as bad as the dictators they replaced and really, the people will accept it, as that's just the way it's always been.

Well, exactly. That's how revolutions have always been, isn't it. Even if someone is "Democratically" elected, it really doesn't make any difference than it would if he seized power in a Coup, since they all just want power. Countries with established systems of "democracy" like W. Europe and, so far at least, the U.S., have systems to keep this under control, like (in the U.S.) setting time limits ont he term someone can be President, but in places that there's no tradition of Democracy, then they'll be just as bad as the dictators they replaced and really, the people will accept it, as that's just the way it's always been.

because in usa and europe people have learned how to co-exist peacefully

beside democratic systems in usa and europe has been going on for a while . people got used to it

it's like hey .. we didn't win this election we'll win coming next elections

and power has been passing down by generations in usa for example .. republicans .. democrates

democratic system in middle east is a newborn with 10000 birth defections :D

yes .. and i will never " run away " from my country

is that a problem to you ? and why bring it up ?

Because you said no military shoud rule a country and syria is ruled via the military.

Because you said no military shoud rule a country and syria is ruled via the military.

syria is occupied my friend not ruled

and people are fighting against it

Currently it isn't a Democracy. There was a coup d'etat and the military intervened to stop a religious party and its followers from changing the Constitution for their own benefit and force the country into another dictatorship. Military interventions are dangerous, but a negative can turn into a positive if the military now step out of it and allow the people to decide the future of the country.

• Like 1

and people are fighting against it

I'm under sound advice from many people in my own country that what's happening in your country every day doesn't happen anymore. ;)

How can you possibly fight against the bombers and tanks and weapons of mass destruction of the government forces? :whistle:

I'm under sound advice from many people in my own country that what's happening in your country every day doesn't happen anymore. ;)

How can you possibly fight against the bombers and tanks and weapons of mass destruction of the government forces? :whistle:

what you mean it doesn't happen anymore ? it's happening worst than ever never stopped :D

and they fight tanks and bombers by shouting allahu akabar on them .. sometimes they blow up other times they don't

regardless of how much heavy and big weapons they got .. they're not doing well to be honest

Currently it isn't a Democracy. There was a coup d'etat and the military intervened to stop a religious party and its followers from changing the Constitution for their own benefit and force the country into another dictatorship. Military interventions are dangerous, but a negative can turn into a positive if the military now step out of it and allow the people to decide the future of the country.

But both in Egypt and in Turkey, the armee is the force that gives (some) protection to secularism. Without the bulwark of the armee, the islamists will take over and create their theocratic dictatorship. (Mind you, in their mind, they are doing God´s work.)

You really can not compare this with Western democracies, where we have the luxury of having armees under democratic control. And Western politicians are making a horribly naive mistake by doing that.

Edited by Zaphod222

But both in Egypt and in Turkey, the armee is the force that gives (some) protection to secularism. Without the bulwark of the armee, the islamists will take over and create their theocratic dictatorship. (Mind you, in their mind, they are doing God´s work.)

You really can not compare this with Western democracies, where we have the luxury of having armees under democratic control. And Western politicians are making a horribly naive mistake by doing that.

turkey is ruled by islamic party

and in turkey all periods of times it did not know peace or prosperty like it does now " under islamic party rule "

how do you explain that ? sherelock ?

you remember turkey right ? military pushing any one who doesn't fit their agenda

an unstable country .. full of conflicts and now look at it

Edited by Knight Of Shadows