Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi Arabian Womens conference

seeder

Saudi Arabian Women's Conference... With Not A Female In Sight :lol:

An image of a conference in Saudi Arabia on the topic of “women in society” – with not a single female present - has gone viral.

The picture features row upon row of men in traditional headscarves and white thobes. A single Westerner in a flannel shirt is the only person breaking up an otherwise uniform sea of what appear to be Arab men.

http://www.huffingto..._n_3515062.html

o-SAUDI-ARABIA-WOMENS-CONFERENCE-570.jpg?6

eta: The Telegraphs version

http://www.telegraph...tacle-real.html

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

Women are basically property in Saudi Arabia. The conference is for the property owners...not the property.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Obama hasn't worn bling that big since he was the leader of the Choom gang.

obama-abdullah_1416538c.jpg

I hate to always be the only one asking the question, but I'll do it anyway: Why shouldn't human rights in Saudi Arabia make it into our policies regarding that country?

Obama hasn't worn bling that big since he was the leader of the Choom gang.

obama-abdullah_1416538c.jpg

I hate to always be the only one asking the question, but I'll do it anyway: Why shouldn't human rights in Saudi Arabia make it into our policies regarding that country?

because if they did you guys would have to invent cars that runs on lemon juice

• Like 1

I say the next "war for oil" should be skipped and we should make war on the environmentalists who keep us from developing our own resources :w00t:

Reading this somehow reminded me of this funny clip from Monty Python's The Life Of Brian...

Women dressed up as men with their fake beards...He calls out - "Are they any women here?" And the women putting on deep masculine voices with their heads down pretending to be men... It's a comical scene... :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

An image of a conference in Saudi Arabia on the topic of “women in society” – with not a single female present - has gone viral.

The picture features row upon row of men in traditional headscarves and white thobes. A single Westerner in a flannel shirt is the only person breaking up an otherwise uniform sea of what appear to be Arab men.

http://www.huffingto..._n_3515062.html

o-SAUDI-ARABIA-WOMENS-CONFERENCE-570.jpg?6

eta: The Telegraphs version

http://www.telegraph...tacle-real.html

they are all wearing pink headddresses, though, in a thoughtful gesture, I thought.

• Like 4

they are all wearing pink headddresses, though, in a thoughtful gesture, I thought.

Pink.... such a manly color :lol:

No probs...the Green Hawks at the Pentagon are onto it... ;)

http://thewip.net/co...entagon_th.html

”The United States’ dependence on oil makes us very vulnerable from a security and environmental perspective. Why buy oil from Islamic theocracies, which sponsor terrorism against us? We are fighting a war against terror, but are paying for both sides. How smart is that?” asks the sprightly 66-year-old Woolsey.

Woolsey is one of the Green Hawks in the Pentagon – a new movement of tree-huggers, activists, researchers, inventors, army people and neoconservative hawks – who are leading the way toward alternative energy and energy conservation in America. Their motivation is the security of the nation, since they see terrorism and climate change as the greatest threats against the US as a superpower.

The Department of Defense is therefore investing an estimated $500-$600 million dollars on research and development of solar, wave, biomass and wind energy, as well as conventional green energy sources. A new law demanding better energy efficiency has been passed, so by 2025 the Army will have to take a quarter of its energy from renewable sources.
Woolsey says the fastest solution is the plug-in car that runs on electricity. They cost a quarter of the price to drive in comparison with petrol-guzzling cars; several models are expected to be on the market within the next couple of years.

“If we are to get to the core of the problem, we will have to tackle the car,” he says matter-of-factly. About 70 percent of the US’ oil consumption goes to road transport: the country’s 220 million cars are one of the main reasons why the US emits most of the polluting greenhouse gas carbon dioxide in the world.

i stopped reading at this point

" Why buy oil from Islamic theocracies, which sponsor terrorism against us? "

i stopped reading at this point

" Why buy oil from Islamic theocracies, which sponsor terrorism against us? "

that's your choice

but suffice to say that the days of Saudi mega-wealth...courtesy of the West...may be coming to an end sometime in the not too distant future.

I don't suppose this will help women's rights in that country. Not immediately, anyway.

But if the mega money starts slipping away they may have an uprising?

maybe they will .. maybe they won't

who knows .. but come to think about it

now you might encourage their uprise .. WHEN they uprise .. like we did in syria

you'd just call them terrorists like you did to us

we getting used to your behavior really :D

now you might encourage their uprise .. WHEN they uprise .. like we did in syria

You know, Kos, to hear you explain things a person would think that the countries of the M.E. would all be a LOT better off without the US and most of the other western infidel nations. Do you honestly think that Muslims wouldn't still be fighting each other then?

You know, Kos, to hear you explain things a person would think that the countries of the M.E. would all be a LOT better off without the US and most of the other western infidel nations. Do you honestly think that Muslims wouldn't still be fighting each other then?

hey not just westerns .. easterns too

you think we like russia sticking it's nose in our butts ?

you make it sound like we are " unable " to live in peace as human beings .? is that it ?

haha very funny....:)

'your' uprising in Syria will do NOTHING for women's rights if the Islamists take over.

in fact you will probably end up longing for the days of the Assad regime to return IF the Islamists take over.

:P

that is after a decade or two or three of violent civil war.

• Like 1

haha very funny.... :)

'your' uprising in Syria will do NOTHING for women's rights if the Islamists take over.

in fact you will probably end up longing for the days of the Assad regime to return IF the Islamists take over.

:P

that is after a decade or two or three of violent civil war.

well .. then i pray one day you have some one like him

and taste the bitter days we tasted coz of him

and lost your friends and loved ones coz of him .. then you tell me if you wish his return

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

well .. then i pray one day you have some one like him

and taste the bitter days we tasted coz of him

and lost your friends and loved ones coz of him .. then you tell me if you wish his return

pray all you like

it's 'horses for courses'......Assad's secular government could be the best you can hope for at this point in history.

a victory for the 'rebels' that include Al Qaeda and extremely violent terrorist types could turn out to be your worst nightmare come true.

and no amount of praying would turn the clock back.

pray all you like

it's 'horses for courses'......Assad's secular government could be the best you can hope for at this point in history.

a victory for the 'rebels' that include Al Qaeda and extremely violent terrorist types could turn out to be your worst nightmare come true.

and no amount of praying would turn the clock back.

did you come out with this briliant smart conclusion while sitting on your couch and sipping tea ?

death or freedom .. the end

Edited by Knight Of Shadows

did you come out with this briliant smart conclusion while sitting on your couch and sipping tea ?

what's that got to do with anything...this is a discussion forum and I live in England not Syria..

death or freedom .. the end

the more likely out of those two would be death....

you will not be getting freedom in Syria any time soon and it doesn't please me to say this.

You are a bright, articulate young man in his twenties and it is a tragedy that you cannot now lead a secure and peaceful life.

It's horrible that your life is blighted by everything going on in your country at the moment.

The truth is you are being robbed of your youth and hope.

If I was the praying type...I'd pray for YOU.

Seriously...I'm not saying this to be nasty...I mean it.

Take care Knight of Shadows...

what's that got to do with anything...this is a discussion forum and I live in England not Syria..

exactly bee .. you're not in syria and you judging my people to be terrorists

while they were few years back only peaceful protestors who been met with brutal actions

the more likely out of those two would be death....

you will not be getting freedom in Syria any time soon and it doesn't please me to say this.

You are a bright, articulate young man in his twenties and it is a tragedy that you cannot now lead a secure and peaceful life.

It's horrible that your life is blighted by everything going on in your country at the moment.

The truth is you are being robbed of your youth and hope.

If I was the praying type...I'd pray for YOU.

Seriously...I'm not saying this to be nasty...I mean it.

a year from now i been sitting home with my family and spending our everyday life

when suddenly things started to fall from the sky on our nighborhod with no one in it but civilians

the damn children were out playing when that happened

nearly half of the town has been destroyed many killed .. and why ? because they protested peacefully

because they wanted to be treated as human beings not animals

and comes the day people got angry took up arms and started to gain strength and defend them self bravely

they are called terrorists be people who sitting far far away

and they did not know the story .. they just got news when these people attacked the army

we are 18 million muslim in here .. and we won't stop fighting till we're reduced to 0 or we win and gain freedom

death doesn't matter anymore

if you knew us .. they you'd know that we rather to die with diginity than to live in disgrace

under the rule of monsters and sadistic murderers

save your prayers .. you need them more than i do

i already can see right from wrong . i can't say the same for you though

and i don't mean anything bad by this or to be mean .. i just mean you need those prayers more than i do

perhaps then those prayers can open your eyes

@Knight of Shadows....I'm not going to 'argue' with you any more on this thread....as we are going way off topic

And to finish off with a tea saying....:)

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes 'not for all the tea in China'.

Like I said...take care and I hope you can find some peace and happiness in your life.

• Like 1