Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teen mauled after trying to kiss captive lion

Still Waters

Canadian volunteers in Africa, please take note: don’t try to kiss the lions.

A young Montreal woman is in a South African hospital after she was clawed and bitten by two lions on Monday at a wildlife rehabilitation centre.

Lauren Fagen, 18, says she was kissing the fur of a male lion named Duma when he reached through the bars and dragged her legs into his cage. The lion’s female mate also joined the attack, biting her feet.

http://www.theglobea...rticle12945014/

• Like 1

I feel bad for chuckling

• Like 1

What a dope. What exactly didn't she understand about "stay away from the lions"?

They do look like you could just snuggle them but you obviously just don't.

I've always heard it said that "you can't fix stupid"... But perhaps this lion did...

This genuinely made me LOL!!!

• Like 2

parenting win! hey look at that huge cat! i saw one on the discovery channel eating a zebra and fighting a crocodile! lets give it a big smooch to show our apreciation! come here.....yes you come here "MUAH....AHHH AHHHH AHHH" take your lessons from steve irwin and he was a professional, lets hug a sting ray!

• Like 3

I feel bad for chuckling

Don't feel bad. I don't. lol

• Like 3

Why would anyone do this?!

I blame Disney and general stupidity...well, ignorance anyway... I think we are raising a generation that isn't even wise enough to be into self preservation. Amazing, actually.
  • Like 2

This reminds me of parents I've seen moving their kids towards wild bears in national parks so they can get a picture. For some strange reason they think because the bears aren't afraid of people they won't attack them.

• Like 2

What can you say..

What a Moron, anyone that does something like that deserves, everything they get. :yes:

Does stupidity have any bounds?

• Like 1

i dont feel bad either thats plain stupid

its shows like the crocodile hunter and desensitize people into doing stupi sh+++

I feel sorry for her. Her love of animals obviously eclipsed her better judgement in this instance.

i dont feel bad either thats plain stupid

its shows like the crocodile hunter and desensitize people into doing stupi sh+++

Dont Blame Crocodile Hunter!!!! :td: >:( I blame her and her parents

• Like 1

I feel sorry for her. Her love of animals obviously eclipsed her better judgement in this instance.

im sorry but love for animals cant possibly cloud your judgment to that extent, unless you have issues stemming in your brain, its a lion, i love animals but my kissing never crosses the line from bunnies and i know this because my brain works properly

• Like 1

Dont Blame Crocodile Hunter!!!! :td: > :( I blame her and her parents

oh i love crocodile hunter, but its obvious that some people would take that show as animals not being as dangerous as expected becuase an australlian rangles them, if not you wouldnt have children jumping of wall units thinking they are super man

and super mans a good show

im sorry but love for animals cant possibly cloud your judgment to that extent, unless you have issues stemming in your brain, its a lion, i love animals but my kissing never crosses the line from bunnies and i know this because my brain works properly

I hear you and I understand your assessment that she's a stupid person, but even highly trained people who have spent their whole lives caring for wild animals, get mauled due to mistakes in judgement.

I hear you and I understand your assessment that she's a stupid person, but even highly trained people who have spent their whole lives caring for wild animals, get mauled due to mistakes in judgement.

oh no i fully agree, im just saying that shows like that can make an ordinary person with no skill sets in that field get brave in order to reinact the show to get a thrill, im speaking of the ones that only use 3% of their brains and most likey drink beer and eat chips as a daily diet lol

Dont Blame Crocodile Hunter!!!! :td: > :( I blame her and her parents

I don't blame her parents, she was 18 years old, if she didn't know the dangers a lion presents, then that is pure stupid on her part.

Anyone that gets a new job or looks at volunteer work does have the opportunity to research it on the internet. She was working with lions, she knew the risk.

Parents can only carry so much blame up until the child should take responsibility for their own actions.

• Like 3

oh no i fully agree, im just saying that shows like that can make an ordinary person with no skill sets in that field get brave in order to reinact the show to get a thrill, im speaking of the ones that only use 3% of their brains and most likey drink beer and eat chips as a daily diet lol

I hear you :lol: But you must have a little bit of compassion for her don't you? Maybe it's just me, I'm too soft :)

a teen died at a zoo i attended with my children because he wanted to touch a polar bear to impress his girlfriend........woah the human condition

• Like 2

I hear you :lol: But you must have a little bit of compassion for her don't you? Maybe it's just me, I'm too soft :)

i do im not an evil person im just saying that it would have been avoided if she didnt burn all her brain cells huffing butane

i do im not an evil person im just saying that it would have been avoided if she didnt burn all her brain cells huffing butane

Butane. Okay.

One rule to always follow, never trust an animal that can eat you.

Those cats, and other big cats, tongues are so rough they can literally lick you skin off.

• Like 3

One rule to always follow, never trust an animal that can eat you.

Those cats, and other big cats, tongues are so rough they can literally lick you skin off.

is that true?

Butane. Okay.

im just saying, ofcourse i feel bad, its horrible for something like that to happen to some one, but its what caused it that jerks me

• Like 2