Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother spends £1000 on daughter's school prom

Commander CMG

• Paige Harker, 16, nearly dropped out of school after bullies verbally abused her, tripped her up and kicked her
  • Mother Hayley persuaded her to stay with promise of an 'amazing' prom
  • As well as her £240 gown and £600 carriage, she spent £100 on shoes and jewellery, £45 on eyelash extensions and £25 on a spray tan

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 3

good on mum I say.

Hope the girl grows up to be PM and the bullies flipping burgers at Maccas.

• Like 4

Well good for her, if it made her happy that is what is important. I personally don't think I would have wanted to go and spend the night with people who bullied me even if it was to just rub their faces in it. But it seems she enjoyed it so good for her.

• Like 1

good on mum I say.

Hope the girl grows up to be PM and the bullies flipping burgers at Maccas.

Burger sellers can be smart too. Sometimes life just turn that way.

I found spending my money on my daughters self defence martial arts classes every week is hopefully going to be more beneficial ..I dread the thoughts of my own kids being bullied..

• Like 2

still looked fat in that gown

not that i discriminate.

Yet you had to point it out regardless...There is always someone to comment on the size of others... I'll tell you one thing, she still look lovely regardless of her size...

• Like 2

I'm with Rafterman on this one.

Are the other girls at the prom, or whoever bullied her, suddenly go "ooh, well look how rich she is and how much she shows off. we like her now!"

Of course not. She probably got it worse than ever after that.

Also, in my opinion, it rather teaches the wrong message. If people don't like you, don't try to solve the problem or avoid it with grace, rub their faces in how awesome you are. Snobbery and putting way too much emphasis on material goods here.

A bit too lavish for my liking but her mother stuck to her promise, so good for her on that.

I do wonder though if she wanted to give her daughter an 'amazing prom night', why couldn't she have done that anyway without making it a 'reward' for staying on at school and putting up with the bullies.......if you see what I mean.

Anyway her daughter seems happy enough and looks nice in her blue gown I think.

• Like 1

The Carriage was way over the top (at 600 Pounds) and way too tacky IMO. Something a little more classy such as a Vintage Rolls or Bentley would have been more appropriate and half the cost.

That aside her mum did what she promised, her daughter's size looks like nothing more than Puppy fat, and they both looked really happy. It was her daughters last year at school so it was important to stay on for the exams, but, if there was unprovoked bullying then I would have taken her out of school immediately and bought Home Schooling instead of hiring Katie Price's (what a rubbish role model she is!) wedding carriage.

Just an aside, she had finished school so was not the target of continued bullying as a result of the Prom night.

Edited by keithisco

not that i discriminate.

If she had been black and it was racist bullies making her life hell would you have still pointed out that she was still black at the prom? I don't see why people think it is ok to go around calling people fat.

• Like 1

Carrie .... what ???? NO !!!!!!

~ blood curdling scream ~

• Like 1

Maybe I just got lucky, but I never saw or heard anyone complaining of bullying in my high school. There were fights every once in a while, but for the most part the jerks mingled with the jerks, considerate people mingled with the considerate people and the campus was big enough that you didn't run into anyone you didn't want to during lunch/breaks.

not that i discriminate.

really?

A bit too lavish for my liking but her mother stuck to her promise, so good for her on that.

I do wonder though if she wanted to give her daughter an 'amazing prom night', why couldn't she have done that anyway without making it a 'reward' for staying on at school and putting up with the bullies.......if you see what I mean.

Anyway her daughter seems happy enough and looks nice in her blue gown I think.

I agree. it's too lavish for me also, but that doesn't make it wrong, it is just personal taste.

She looks lovely and most importantly happy and content. I don't dare to think what I would have done if my kids had been bullied.

• Like 1

I agree. it's too lavish for me also, but that doesn't make it wrong, it is just personal taste.

She looks lovely and most importantly happy and content. I don't dare to think what I would have done if my kids had been bullied.

I agree, she looks lovely and content... I think her mother must have felt sorry for her and thought, I know I'll do something I know she would love...I personally wouldn't go to the same lengths, but I can't knock it either..