Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did unicorns really exist?

LostSouls7

That is what I was curious about. And why I asked how has the description has evolved? The source material would help a lot to disregard our "fairy tale" beautiful horse with an attractive horn.

The idea's just off the top of my head as being 'obvious', and I doubt I'm the first one to think of it. But if there were any surviving Greek source material describing a rhino in hippo terms, I imagine someone would have cited it by now.

The idea's just off the top of my head as being 'obvious', and I doubt I'm the first one to think of it. But if there were any surviving Greek source material describing a rhino in hippo terms, I imagine someone would have cited it by now.

I wasn't speaking to only your idea, just it's source description compared to the one some of us think of today. How that has evolved, etc.

Well, since no one offers evidence they don't really exist, we should conclude they do. That at least is the argument for the existence of a lot of other things bandied about, including God.

you cant prove something dose not exist...exactly how do you expect some body to do this. we can prove that it is an improbability...no fossil record, no pictures of a live one, no dead unicorns found, ect. sorry but your argument is ridiculous.

i just noticed you may be being sarcastic...i hope thats the case.

Edited by billyf

Wait... Please, tell me you're kidding?

hes not! it was me! SHIZZAH!

Honestly, setting aside the whole magical side of it, the possibility of a race of horses with single horns on their head is not a far fetched idea.

It would make sense that they would have been driven to extinction before irrefutable evidence could be collected, due to hunting them for their horns. ESPECIALLY if when they were in existence, their horn was believed to hold magical properties.

• Like 1

SHIZZAH

Honestly, setting aside the whole magical side of it, the possibility of a race of horses with single horns on their head is not a far fetched idea.

It would make sense that they would have been driven to extinction before irrefutable evidence could be collected, due to hunting them for their horns. ESPECIALLY if when they were in existence, their horn was believed to hold magical properties.

I'd still expect something would be found in the fossil record, especially since these animals were supposedly alive during recorded history...

You show me your Unicorn and i will show you my Sasquatch. :alien:

ill show you mt kraken if you show me your E.T

Well, since no one offers evidence they don't really exist, we should conclude they do. That at least is the argument for the existence of a lot of other things bandied about, including God.

If your joking you should use a smiley thing if not that is not how the burden of proof works ;)

• Like 2

If your joking you should use a smiley thing if not that is not how the burden of proof works ;)

BAM OCTOPUS TO THE FACE! good point though, burden of proof is a powerful thing

its kind of ignorant for you to think just based off of no evidence should mean something clearly exists, that would be a formula that would prove god exitsts, look around my friend, i dont feel saved, im blessed in my own sense, so because i have no evidence that there is a tootsie roll, crack smoking troll that lives behind my fridge that means he exists? better call the landlord

If someone's not smart enough to recognize a joke, the jokey face ain't gonna help.

By the way of course unicorns exist. Their horns are all over the place.

If someone's not smart enough to recognize a joke, the jokey face ain't gonna help.

By the way of course unicorns exist. Their horns are all over the place.

I wa 99.9 % sure you were playin around but this is UM so never to sure.

i think its typing that makes it hard to be sure if some ones being serious or not

• Like 1

Never be too sure of nothin'.

The default is that nothing exists, and I don't have to prove it, but I can if I feel like it.

i think its typing that makes it hard to be sure if some ones being serious or not

I'm very careful with my typing in this sort of exercise. For example, never be too sure of anything but its fine to be sure of nothin'.

Never be too sure of nothin'.

The default is that nothing exists, and I don't have to prove it, but I can if I feel like it.

mhmmm nothing can truly exist or not exist until proven

mhmmm nothing can truly exist or not exist until proven

I'm not too sure.

I'm not too sure.

good strategy

In days of old,when knights were bold,(and monkeys chewed tobacco)...err the Crusader Knights clad in battle armour,protected their horses with leather and chain mail "chest plates", then some guy decided to fix a metal spike to his horses head gear,and so the Unicorn was born,as the surviving foe related stories of how they had seen a horse with a horn on its forehead.(the Aztecs actually thought that the Spanish conquistadors were two headed animals,as they had never seen a horse and rider before as one unit).

Loved that video!

Thanks Sir Wearer of Hats!

indeed a great video thanx sir wearer!

Again i must state the absence of a creature from the fossil record does not mean that creature did not exist. to become a fossil, or preserved bones, mummies, etc is extremely rare. yes it occurs, we have 1000's of fossils, but they are a small percentage of the actual animals that roamed the earth.