Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teen mauled after trying to kiss captive lion

Still Waters

is that true?

im just saying, ofcourse i feel bad, its horrible for something like that to happen to some one, but its what caused it that jerks me

That's what I heard a guy say on TV one time when he was talking about the big cats.
  • Like 1

That's what I heard a guy say on TV one time when he was talking about the big cats.

holy crap! thats disturbing now i really dont want to kiss one

• Like 1

I feel sorry for her but I think she should of been able to look at the bars and judge if the cat could get his paw through it. It's not like this is the first time something like this has happened.

Me neither. I held a baby lion cub one time that was enough lion for me.

It's fine. Just remember no tongue.

• Like 2

It's fine. Just remember no tongue.

aww thats no fun then, maybe ill stick with the geese

The lions might have to be put down now ... or at the very least moved and isolated ... once they knows the scent of human blood ... they will forever be curious

~

One rule to always follow, never trust an animal that can eat you.

I wouldn't go that far. I've had many dogs in my life that were larger than me and it's never been a problem.

I wonder if she was near her time of the month ... call it what you will but we never allow the women near us if we are planning a trip out hunting ...

never a bad thing to be overly careful ... the active predators can catch a scent from miles away

~

I wouldn't go that far. I've had many dogs in my life that were larger than me and it's never been a problem.

a dog compared to a lion is to much of a measure, not the same ball park let alone league, these are very wild and instinctive animals, dogs have been bread for human companionship for centuries yes the odd dog attack but thats because the owners are evil or the dog has an illness, ill kiss a dog any day a lion? ha bro thats not happening

The lions might have to be put down now ... or at the very least moved and isolated ... once they knows the scent of human blood ... they will forever be curious

~

that I dont agree with, who are we to put an animal down because of our own selfishness and stupidy the animal did nothing wrong in my opinion, I did what it was geneticly programmed to do, thats what I hate about the human race we are so obsesed with proving god wrong that our race thinks them selves gods so we deem it rational to decide what creature live or die, disgusting

a dog compared to a lion is to much of a measure, not the same ball park let alone league, these are very wild and instinctive animals, dogs have been bread for human companionship for centuries yes the odd dog attack but thats because the owners are evil or the dog has an illness, ill kiss a dog any day a lion? ha bro thats not happening

I have made it a priority to adopt large, full grown dogs, that have been severely abused. I'm well aware of the damage they can do.

that I dont agree with, who are we to put an animal down because of our own selfishness and stupidy the animal did nothing wrong in my opinion, I did what it was geneticly programmed to do, thats what I hate about the human race we are so obsesed with proving god wrong that our race thinks them selves gods so we deem it rational to decide what creature live or die, disgusting

not that I agree with it but it is standard procedure ... even with dogs that are house pets ...

~

~edit : double post

`

Edited by third_eye

One rule to always follow, never trust an animal that can eat you.

Those cats, and other big cats, tongues are so rough they can literally lick you skin off.

Totally disagree; during three years at a wolf sanctuary as part of packs there was never any problem of trust, that said the individual was responsible for applying common sense alongside the mutual love and respect that existed between the captive-but-wild wolves and humans.

Common sense, stupidity, whatever. This is called natural selection and has been going on for a long time. Do I feel sorry for her? Nope, not in the least. Survival of the fittest at its finest.

Mike

I have made it a priority to adopt large, full grown dogs, that have been severely abused. I'm well aware of the damage they can do.

im aware abused dogs can be dangerous just saying its nothing close to a lion, its just not comparable

Fast powerful tag team lions against risky human judgement has to be a foreseeable recipe for disaster.

I completely understand this young lady's desire to snuggle a lion. I want to myself. I would just be pretty darn selective in my choice of lion.

The problem with my and others' selfishness is when we allow any type of irresponsible interaction or humans just take advantage like the young lady did, it is the animals who get punished or put down. Even from tragic but sometimes avoidable encounters in the wild.

I want to rub Brutus the grizzly bear's tummy so badly!!! And would if ever given approval to do so. He physically interacts with and hangs around more people than just his best friend Casey Anderson. I would take that (approved!) selfish risk, any day, sorry to say. But he's not a wild lion.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

Fast powerful tag team lions against risky human judgement has to be a foreseeable recipe for disaster.

I completely understand this young lady's desire to snuggle a lion. I want to myself. I would just be pretty darn selective in my choice of lion.

The problem with my and others' selfishness is when we allow any type of irresponsible interaction or humans just take advantage like the young lady did, it is the animals who get punished or put down. Even from tragic but sometimes avoidable encounters in the wild.

I want to rub Brutus the grizzly bear's tummy so badly!!! And would if ever given approval to do so. He physically interacts with and hangs around more people than just his best friend Casey Anderson. I would take that (approved!) selfish risk, any day, sorry to say. But he's not a wild lion.

BAM OCTOPUS IN THE FACE

Reminds me of that old poem about a boy being eaten by a lion. From my childhood and goes something like......

"Just imagine how it feels, first your toes then your heels, shins and ankles calves and knees, slowly eaten bit by bit... No wonder she detested it!"

She said she felt a “deep connection” to wild animals, especially big cats, and wanted to explore her “passion”.

Pretty sure I have heard this, or quite similar from many animal lovers here, particularly Dolphin Lovers.

I just have to wonder if she said "Hold my beer", just before she tried this incredibly stupid act.

Reminds me of the old fable where a man finds a snake, almost frozen to death & decides to bring it home to help it. He lays it down near the fire, and is pleased to see it reviving. He falls asleep, the snake bites him & the man dies.

I think she will jump for now on when ever she here's the wild calls of here kitty kitty kitty. :innocent:

*Note to self* Don't kiss the Lions...

And damn it, that was on my bucket list...

Can always move it to last ig guess!

• Like 1

Canadian volunteers in Africa, please take note: don’t try to kiss the lions.

A young Montreal woman is in a South African hospital after she was clawed and bitten by two lions on Monday at a wildlife rehabilitation centre.

Lauren Fagen, 18, says she was kissing the fur of a male lion named Duma when he reached through the bars and dragged her legs into his cage. The lion’s female mate also joined the attack, biting her feet.

http://www.theglobea...rticle12945014/

stoopid. stoopid. stoopid. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Dunno why, but of all the big cats there's something cold/calculating about lions, possibly their pack hunt mentality; when Ive been on behind-the-scenes access at zoos and private collections I've been able to interact in some way with tigers, leopards, cheetahs, pumas - but lions just stare at you coldly.