Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Red luminous thing

Kentuckyboy

Ok while standing outside last night about 10, with my kids, having an argument with my ex we all witnessed a strange red luminous thing go from the corner of then side yard up and over the house next door and vanish. It went from maybe 40 feet off the ground to around 15 feet then back up to maybe 30 and vanished. If it hadn't been glowing bright red I would have said bird!

Well the argument stopped cold, and it was a bad argument "middle of a divorce n all" and the topic warily turned to did you see that and the answer was yes. Then a few minutes later it was on the opposite side of the house hovering 2-3 feet above the ground and moving horizontally behind the kennel before disappearing behind the building. I ask if they had seen it before and they said yes a couple of weeks ago in the backyard. Any ideas what kind of phenomenon this might be?

I'm a skeptical person but I've seen some strange things in my life, but I'm at a loss for what that was. Whatever it was the tension that had been escalating to the point of calling the police left with it, ,maybe a coincident attributable to the "what in the heck was that" but it was more like a change in the air. Any ideas or suggestions?

• Like 2

hi and welcome to um :)

well, based on your description, i would say 'orb' or 'probe'--which could be the same thing in your case. you said that there had been other sightings in the past few weeks? the same thing, or something different?

also--has anyone noticed any odd activity around your place, are the animals acting strange at all?

some of the red lights, some experiencers believe, based on multiple reports,is that it might be some kind of probe..that is, not an actual entity on it's own, but some sort of manufactured 'sensor' which goes out to test whatever it is testing(if only we knew, right). these 'red lights' are becoming more common, so i would also say to keep a good 'look out' around your place for any more unusual occurrences..

Sounds like someone was playing with a laser light.

Sounds like someone was playing with a laser light.

Thought of that but no. My mom is 81, so I doubt she was even up or would even think to do that. Also I live in a rural area with very few houses. Maybe 200 yards between houses with the exception of hers. There are 7 acres of fields n trees between me and the road, and 1500 acres of forest behind the house. It's been a farm and orchards over the years.

hi and welcome to um :)

well, based on your description, i would say 'orb' or 'probe'--which could be the same thing in your case. you said that there had been other sightings in the past few weeks? the same thing, or something different?

also--has anyone noticed any odd activity around your place, are the animals acting strange at all?

some of the red lights, some experiencers believe, based on multiple reports,is that it might be some kind of probe..that is, not an actual entity on it's own, but some sort of manufactured 'sensor' which goes out to test whatever it is testing(if only we knew, right). these 'red lights' are becoming more common, so i would also say to keep a good 'look out' around your place for any more unusual occurrences..

Well during the event the dogs all seven were very quiet until it showed up at the kennel, then they barked and backed as far away as they could get from it. Also over the past 3 months, we have lost dozens of animals, chickens, rabbits, ducks, pheasants. All of our honeybees died off inexplicably from established hives. The neighbors dog shows up constantly now trying to get inside my house as hard as he can like he is terrified, my own dog frequently does the same thing, this is unusual because they usually fight if one comes over! Two big male dogs. His is a big German Shepherd and I have big dogs too.

• Like 2

Over the years ( I grew up on this property with 5 brothers n sisters) we have observed lots of strange things, in the sky and on the ground. For generations

• Like 1

There have been numerous sightings of a mysterious yellow luminous orb in the skies over Scotland all this week...Caused a bit of panic for a while but turned out it was the sun :D

Ok while standing outside last night about 10, with my kids, having an argument with my ex we all witnessed a strange red luminous thing go from the corner of then side yard up and over the house next door and vanish. It went from maybe 40 feet off the ground to around 15 feet then back up to maybe 30 and vanished. If it hadn't been glowing bright red I would have said bird!

Well the argument stopped cold, and it was a bad argument "middle of a divorce n all" and the topic warily turned to did you see that and the answer was yes. Then a few minutes later it was on the opposite side of the house hovering 2-3 feet above the ground and moving horizontally behind the kennel before disappearing behind the building. I ask if they had seen it before and they said yes a couple of weeks ago in the backyard. Any ideas what kind of phenomenon this might be?

I'm a skeptical person but I've seen some strange things in my life, but I'm at a loss for what that was. Whatever it was the tension that had been escalating to the point of calling the police left with it, ,maybe a coincident attributable to the "what in the heck was that" but it was more like a change in the air. Any ideas or suggestions?

Hello KentuckyBoy, Welcome to the forum.

A few ideas come to mind about it but none of us were there and really will never be able to explain it 100%.

Ball lightening comes to mind. [media=]

Laser lights. Either someone messing around with a laser pointer or a hunter's night scope.

Reflection off of something. Car lights or something like that.

As I said at the top of the post unless the incident happens often and you can document it you might never really know for certain what it was. However, on the bright side (no pun intended), it did distract you and your ex long enough to stop the argument from escalating to an ugly situation.

I also like to start with mundane explanations first and before moving to a supernatural one. Good luck on finding out what it was.

Mabon.

Edited by Mabon

Interesting. I recently read of someone else seeing a strange red orb, but this one was inside their house.

You would only see a laser pointer if it was shining directly onto a surface, but not in mid air unless there was a mist or fog at the time, and then you would probably be able to determine the direction it was being shone from too.

@device...

True but the experience is (no offense to the OP) colored by the anger the OP and his ex were experiencing prior to seeing the light. So thinking about direction IF (big if) it were a laser pointer or scope, might not have been noticed since they were in an anxious situation to begin with.

Mabon.