Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ever been in life threatening situation?

Big Bad Voodoo

Well of course I went through the war, including a few scary bombing raids and the loss of my entire family. Just after the war ended I got orders to go to HCMC (then Saigon) on a special trip all by myself in my North Vietnamese Army Uniform. I was very worried about how the people there would react, but they didn't seem to hold anything against me personally and was treated well enough.

• Like 1

Infantry - so, yeah...

But my most dangerous moment came when my (then) wife asked me "do these pants make my butt look big - tell me the truth"...

• Like 4

So you looked her square in the eye...........

....... and lied your **** off.

Edited by JMPD1

So you looked her square in the eye...........

....... and lied your **** off.

Nope - told the truth... "No dear it does not" all the while thinking - 'it doesn't make your butt LOOK big because your butt IS big..." ... Of course I never said that to her... - I might be crazy - but I'm not stupid!

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

Infantry - so, yeah...

But my most dangerous moment came when my (then) wife asked me "do these pants make my butt look big - tell me the truth"...

*Pssst*.... :unsure2: the best answer you can give is..".they don't show off your best asset" and then proceed to tell her what that best asset is. But you didn't hear that from me. :tu:

• Like 2

Malignent Melanoma....Stage 2 skin cancer....:(

My thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself and stay positive.

OP:

I was riding on a motorbike with my brother and we hit a deer. I walked away from it. Always, always wear leathers and full face helmets when on motorbikes!

• Like 2

My thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself and stay positive.

Thank You

At 16 I was nearly thrown off a 1953 John Deere 60 pulling a 16 foot Keen Kutter disc. :blush:

After hitting a washed out hidden sink hole in a weedy (deep foxtail) picked corn field. My grand dad's farm tractor's long green hood went up towards the blue sky. Besides the bump up, everything was cool Then the front two wheels came down transferring all that energy to the rear of the cabless tractor...

I wonder if I saved myself thru sheer luck? Or was it a helping hand guiding me to the right side, that put the right side's long clutch handle right in my face for me to grab onto? There was no such handle to the left side! For too many seconds the big angled bars for tire treads were spinning largely mere inches from my T shirt! huh.gif My left hand was still gripped like it was glued to the steering wheel. When I released the life saving clutch handle, it was time to grab the wheel with both hands.

I had to turn it hand over hand to hit the end of the Roll-A-Matic's short tie rod, so I could use the steering wheel to get back into the big yellow seat! In turning the tractor so directly West it was heading me towards and 50' wide 10' deep ditch! Tall unpicked corn stalks were hitting me like a big brush coming across the axel. The wheel finally stopped turning and I pulled myself back into the seat! Whew! I am getting out of breath reliving it. :w00t:

60-70 feet of corn was knocked down but somehow I stayed alive sideways across the driver's platform and Ole Black River did not receive a John Deere 60 tractor with me on it! :nw::clap::tsu:

I have another story related to an unknown Spirit Guide in my signature. Listen to it below a bit past center right on Pop Odyssey Radio with guest author Annie Wilder of Hastings, MN. :yes::w00t:

When I was 2 or 3 and lived in Alaska, my dad and I came upon a moose in the wilderness. According to him, I wanted to fight it off, like a character of Xena that I watched then. This creature could stomp my skull in and probably would have if my dad couldn't have convinced me to leave.

I don't think this counts, honestly. If you were 2 or 3, your dad didn't need to reason with you or "convince" you to leave, he just had to pick you up.

I electrocuted myself when I was about 12. I pulled apart an old projector, plugged it in and then connected some tiny lights(the kind you get in toys) into the main power to test if the bulbs were still working. I woke up on the ground and smelt of burning(that electricity smell you get). I blew the fuses to the house and killed the power and so never told my parents. This was before they had safety switches and things.

Was involved in a fight while coming to the aid of a friend but I wont go into that and I'm not sure if it counts. I have PTSD and anxiety over it. It made me quite over time.

Multiple heroin overdoses(I suppose because of the above). First time I was in my locked bedroom at home alone and next thing I remember is having paramedics in my room. My mother heard me gurgling or something when she came home and went to say hello. So that was lucky timing.

The next couple were two days in a row in a locked car with my girlfriend(ex wife). We both dropped(od)and were found by someone because we just parked in a shopping center car park. Not sure how they got in the car though. The next day we did the exact same thing again(same spot and everything). So I woke up in hospital again.

There was another where I dropped when I moved out with my girlfriend. I was alone and had a strange dreaming experience with my dead grandfather who was trying to wake me up. In the dream I was curled up on a hospital bed and could see people(like light shapes)behind glass(one was a nun with a star as a halo). My pop tapped me really hard on the shoulder and it woke me up in real life. I couldn't move anything though because I had curled up in ball and placed my head on my crossed wrists so I cut the circulation to my hands and feet and couldn't move at all. I tried to use the phone to call for help but couldn't pick it up or anything. So I just lay there and breathed and thanked my grandfather for waking me up. I think I wouldve died if I hadn't dreamt that.

*Edit This one with my grandfather was more like my second time. So I didn't dream of the hospital because of the car experiences. The one above was before them. The first house I lived in with my girlfriend this happened with my pop. When I later moved house I had the car experiences. Not that it matters but anyway.

There were some others but those ones were probably the most dangerous.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1