Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One third of Israeli Jews want Temple rebuilt

WHO U KIDDIN

One third of Israeli Jews want Temple rebuilt in Jerusalem, poll finds

Among religious Jews questioned, 43 percent support construction on Temple Mount, compared with 31 percent among secular Jews. Survey released ahead of Tisha B'Av also finds Western Wall still considered Judaism's holiest site.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/poll-finds-30-percent-of-israeli-jews-want-temple-rebuilt-on-jerusalem-holy-site.premium-1.535336

Of course this is just an inaccurate and biased poll (fewer then a 600 Israelis were polled.) And it doesn't imply that the Israelis would tomorrow bulldoze the Dome of the Rock and other Muslim shrines at the site, well at least not until the Messiah comes that is. :innocent:

But the tactic behind this poll is to get the public to begin to accept the inevitable, the re-establishment of the Jewish Temple on the mount.

• Like 2

One third of Israeli Jews want Temple rebuilt in Jerusalem, poll finds

Among religious Jews questioned, 43 percent support construction on Temple Mount, compared with 31 percent among secular Jews. Survey released ahead of Tisha B'Av also finds Western Wall still considered Judaism's holiest site.

http://www.haaretz.c...remium-1.535336

Of course this is just an inaccurate and biased poll (fewer then a 600 Israelis were polled.) And it doesn't imply that the Israelis would tomorrow bulldoze the Dome of the Rock and other Muslim shrines at the site, well at least not until the Messiah comes that is. :innocent:

But the tactic behind this poll is to get the public to begin to accept the inevitable, the re-establishment of the Jewish Temple on the mount.

The book of Revelation includes predictions about this structure being present in the "last days". No real surprise for believers that it finally is beginning to be seriously discussed. The interesting thing is that it seems possible only if Israel reasserts it's control over that 35 acres called the Temple mount. That could only really be done AFTER they subdue their enemies in the region. I'm not calling for that btw, simply pointing out the obvious - Muslims will never give up their soccer field and picnic grounds they use it for now.

Is the Book of Revelations a Jewish Holy Script? I thought they were just interested in bringing about "The Rapture"

Edited by keithisco

Is the Book of Revelations a Jewish Holy Script? I thought they just interested in bringing about "The Rapture"

Where we have to say that most of them can't count, the third temple was destroyed by the Romans (Salomon's Temple, the first J'lem Temple and Herod's temple were already built according history and scriptures), in fact there was a fourth Temple built, commissioned by Julian the Apostate that was later used as Christian Church (the Jews had little or no interest in it) until the Moors took over and built the al-Aqsa, which then would be the fifth temple.

The only thing that will bring about is a nice prolonged war.

• Like 1

Is the Book of Revelations a Jewish Holy Script? I thought they were just interested in bringing about "The Rapture"

Last book of the New Testament so no - definitely not Jewish. But many other O.T. prophets have written about the temple being rebuilt before messiah comes - in fact I THINK it is a prerequisite for them. The book is a "unveiling or revealing of the person of Jesus Christ. There is no requirement in Christian eschatology for the temple to be rebuilt before Christ returns for His church. Of course the church is split - as all human institutions are to some extent - over when Christ returns or if there will even be a Harpazo (rapture).

Where we have to say that most of them can't count, the third temple was destroyed by the Romans (Salomon's Temple, the first J'lem Temple and Herod's temple were already built according history and scriptures), in fact there was a fourth Temple built, commissioned by Julian the Apostate that was later used as Christian Church (the Jews had little or no interest in it) until the Moors took over and built the al-Aqsa, which then would be the fifth temple.

The Babylonians destroyed Soloman's temple. The Romans destroyed Herod's version. The Jews have not rebuilt a temple since the destruction in A.D. 70. Not sure one can count a temple not built by Jews as a "Jewish" temple.

Edit to add - Herod's was actually more of an extensive renovation of the one begun by Zerubbabel.

Edited by and then

I agree such a grab would only result in a prolong war.

But realistically I don't think the Israelis have the chutzpah to attempt to construct their Temple on the Mount.

(But with Nuttyahoo you never know!) :tu:

Hopefully even the most right wing Israelis must realize that such a daring move would backfire tremendously, as both Sunnis and Shias nations look past their major sectarian differences (which have so far served Israelis well) and unite against Israel's desecration of Islam's 3rd holiest shrine.

But realistically I don't think the Israelis have the chutzpah to attempt to construct their Temple on the Mount.

Hopefully even the most right wing Israelis must realize that such a daring move would backfire tremendously, as both Sunnis and Shias nations look past their major sectarian differences (which have so far served Israelis well) and unite against Israel's desecration of Islam's 3rd holiest shrine.

You mean the one whose location they never ONCE mention in the Qur'an? :w00t: :tu:

You mean the one whose location they never ONCE mention in the Qur'an? :w00t: :tu:

AT, instead of buying Hagee's and other so-called Christian Zionists lies about Muslims you should examine the truth on your own.

Here's what Wikipedia says about your last statement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_in_Islam

Jerusalem in Islam refers to the status of Jerusalem in the Muslim religious tradition. The al-Aqsa masjid in Jerusalem is built on the site of the second place of worship ('Masjid' in Arabic) built by man, after the Masjid al-Haram in Makkah. Al-Aqsa is the third holiest site in Sunni Islam after the mosques of al-Haram in Mecca and al-Nabawi in Medina.[1]

1. It is strongly associated with the Biblical prophets David, Solomon, Elijah and Jesus.
  2. It was the first direction of prayer in Islam, before the Kaaba in Mecca;
  3. According to the Quran Muhammad was taken by the miraculous steed Buraq to visit the Farthest Mosque (which many Muslims believe is the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem), where he prayed, and was then taken to heaven, in a single night in the year 620 This event is known as Isra wal Mi'raj, in Islamic tradition.

Prophet Muhammad's journey to the Farthest Mosque is mentioned in the Qur'an, in the verse (17:1).[2] The verse states:

"Glory be to Him Who made His servant to go on a night from the Sacred Mosque to the remote mosque of which We have blessed the precincts, so that We may show to him some of Our signs; surely He is the Hearing, the Seeing."

— Qur'an, Sura 17 (Al-Is'ra),

It is then specified in the Hadith, the sayings of the Prophet Mohammad, that the Al Aqsa Mosque is indeed located in Jerusalem:

That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my Night Journey), I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it." Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 226. [4]

• Like 1

Depends on what Israelis. The religious zealots will be in the majority in 40-50 years time. Then the story will change considerably. (If you thought the Muslim brothers were bad, you got another thing coming.)

• Like 1

AT, instead of buying Hagee's and other so-called Christian Zionists lies about Muslims you should examine the truth on your own.

Here's what Wikipedia says about your last statement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_in_Islam

Jerusalem in Islam refers to the status of Jerusalem in the Muslim religious tradition. The al-Aqsa masjid in Jerusalem is built on the site of the second place of worship ('Masjid' in Arabic) built by man, after the Masjid al-Haram in Makkah. Al-Aqsa is the third holiest site in Sunni Islam after the mosques of al-Haram in Mecca and al-Nabawi in Medina.[1]

1. It is strongly associated with the Biblical prophets David, Solomon, Elijah and Jesus.
  2. It was the first direction of prayer in Islam, before the Kaaba in Mecca;
  3. According to the Quran Muhammad was taken by the miraculous steed Buraq to visit the Farthest Mosque (which many Muslims believe is the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem), where he prayed, and was then taken to heaven, in a single night in the year 620 This event is known as Isra wal Mi'raj, in Islamic tradition.

Prophet Muhammad's journey to the Farthest Mosque is mentioned in the Qur'an, in the verse (17:1).[2] The verse states:

"Glory be to Him Who made His servant to go on a night from the Sacred Mosque to the remote mosque of which We have blessed the precincts, so that We may show to him some of Our signs; surely He is the Hearing, the Seeing."

— Qur'an, Sura 17 (Al-Is'ra),

It is then specified in the Hadith, the sayings of the Prophet Mohammad, that the Al Aqsa Mosque is indeed located in Jerusalem:

That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my Night Journey), I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it." Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 226. [4]

So Muhammad, born in 570 AD, traveled by night to a mosque that wouldn't be built on that location until 705? That's some pretty weird radio, baby.....

AT, just like in the development of early Christianity, the very first mosques were open fields with no physical buildings or furnishings.

History

The first three mosques were very simple open spaces on the Arabian Peninsula. Mosques evolved significantly over the next 1,000 years, acquiring their now-distinctive features and adapting to cultures around the world. Grand entryways and tall towers, or minarets, have long been and continue to be closely associated with mosques.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque

The Farthest Mosque refers to the 35 open acres known as the Temple Mount, which by the time Mohammed came to visit in 620AD was a garage dump. Granted the tale of Mohammed traveling in just one night to Jerusalem seems rather dubious but the same can be said about Christ walking on water.

As for the Al-Aqsa Mosque it was built by Umar ibn al-Khattab in 637AD.

http://atheism.about.../bldef_umar.htm

Revitalization of the City

Umar immediately set about making the city an important Muslim landmark. He cleared the area of the Temple Mount, where Muhammad ascended to heaven from. The Christians had used the area as a garbage dump to offend the Jews, and Umar and his army (along with some Jews) personally cleaned it and built a mosque – Masjid al-Aqsa – there. Masjid al-Aqsa was originally built by Umar ibn al-Khattab in 637.

Throughout the remainder of Umar’s caliphate and into the Umayyad Empire’s reign over the city, Jerusalem became a major center of religious pilgrimage and trade. The Dome of the Rock was added to complement Masjid al-Aqsa in 691. Numerous other mosques and public institutions were soon established throughout the city.

The Muslim conquest of Jerusalem under the caliph Umar in 637 was clearly an important moment in the city’s history. For the next 462 years, it would be ruled by Muslims, with religious freedom for minorities protected according to the Treaty of Umar. Even in 2012, as fighting continues over the future status of the city, many Muslims, Christians, and Jews insist that the Treaty maintains legal standing and look to it to help solve Jerusalem’s current problems.

http://lostislamichi...ibn-al-khattab/

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN

Depends on what Israelis. The religious zealots will be in the majority in 40-50 years time. Then the story will change considerably. (If you thought the Muslim brothers were bad, you got another thing coming.)

With more people like the one is this video I don't think we will have to wait 40-50 years:

With more people like the one is this video I don't think we will have to wait 40-50 years:

[media=]

[/media]

If this guy is representative of orthodox Jewry then it's a messed up ideology. Interesting that he pointed out the tzitzit on his tallit. There is a bible verse about gentiles taking hold of the fringes (tzitzit) of a Jew's garment and following him into the holy city. But it has NOTHING to do with slavery or worshipping a Jew. It is to follow one who is devout to God so they can learn to be worshipful also. This guy is a nut.

If this guy is representative of orthodox Jewry then it's a messed up ideology. Interesting that he pointed out the tzitzit on his tallit. There is a bible verse about gentiles taking hold of the fringes (tzitzit) of a Jew's garment and following him into the holy city. But it has NOTHING to do with slavery or worshipping a Jew. It is to follow one who is devout to God so they can learn to be worshipful also. This guy is a nut.

We have to relativize it, he is as much representative of the orthodox Jews as Osama bin Laden was a representative of Islam.

• Like 1

"the furtherest Mosque is the Temple Mount" is still drawing a long bow there. He could just as easily have gone to Stonehenge, using your "Mosques were fields at the time" argument.

• Like 1

AT, just like in the development of early Christianity, the very first mosques were open fields with no physical buildings or furnishings.

History

The first three mosques were very simple open spaces on the Arabian Peninsula. Mosques evolved significantly over the next 1,000 years, acquiring their now-distinctive features and adapting to cultures around the world. Grand entryways and tall towers, or minarets, have long been and continue to be closely associated with mosques.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosque

The Farthest Mosque refers to the 35 open acres known as the Temple Mount, which by the time Mohammed came to visit in 620AD was a garage dump. Granted the tale of Mohammed traveling in just one night to Jerusalem seems rather dubious but the same can be said about Christ walking on water.

As for the Al-Aqsa Mosque it was built by Umar ibn al-Khattab in 637AD.

http://atheism.about.../bldef_umar.htm

Revitalization of the City

Umar immediately set about making the city an important Muslim landmark. He cleared the area of the Temple Mount, where Muhammad ascended to heaven from. The Christians had used the area as a garbage dump to offend the Jews, and Umar and his army (along with some Jews) personally cleaned it and built a mosque – Masjid al-Aqsa – there. Masjid al-Aqsa was originally built by Umar ibn al-Khattab in 637.

Throughout the remainder of Umar’s caliphate and into the Umayyad Empire’s reign over the city, Jerusalem became a major center of religious pilgrimage and trade. The Dome of the Rock was added to complement Masjid al-Aqsa in 691. Numerous other mosques and public institutions were soon established throughout the city.

The Muslim conquest of Jerusalem under the caliph Umar in 637 was clearly an important moment in the city’s history. For the next 462 years, it would be ruled by Muslims, with religious freedom for minorities protected according to the Treaty of Umar. Even in 2012, as fighting continues over the future status of the city, many Muslims, Christians, and Jews insist that the Treaty maintains legal standing and look to it to help solve Jerusalem’s current problems.

http://lostislamichi...ibn-al-khattab/

I defer to your research. But doesn't it strike you as even a little strange that the city where the furthest mosque was located was never given it's proper name? I'm sure many other locations were identified in the Qur'an and Hadiths. The name of Jerusalem is mentioned over 600 times in the Holy Bible - not once in the Qur'an - not by name.

I defer to your research. But doesn't it strike you as even a little strange that the city where the furthest mosque was located was never given it's proper name? I'm sure many other locations were identified in the Qur'an and Hadiths. The name of Jerusalem is mentioned over 600 times in the Holy Bible - not once in the Qur'an - not by name.

could that be because the Arabs call it al-Kuds?

could that be because the Arabs call it al-Kuds?

Possibly, I guess. Do you know if it is referred to in the Qur'an as al Quds?

Actually there’s only one instance of Jerusalem (or Al-Kud) being mentioned in either the Quran or the Hadith that I’m aware of, but I’m not a Muslim scholar so perhaps some one else may know more.

But Islamic tarsiers have interpreted Quran verse 17:1 as referring to Jerusalem as the ‘farthest place’. They based this interpretation on the story of Mohammed’s Night Journey as found in sura 17 Al-Isra of the Quran.

http://en.wikipedia....Isra_and_Mi'raj

This is the story in which Mohammed on his steed Buraq travel to the ‘Farthest mosque’ in one night, and ascends into Heaven to pray with the other great prophets and speaks with God. Mohammed then returns to earth with instructions for the faithful from God regarding the detail of prayers.

In the Hadith concerning the Night Journey the Prophet says:

"When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my Night Journey), I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it."

Sahih Bukhari: Volume 5, Book 58, Number 226. [4]

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN

[media=]

[/media]

Silly settler. Don't know your own religion. When the messiah comes most if not all of the world will be Israelites. See the prophesies of Genesis 48 and 49. However that being said my best guess at that event is that it happens in the next 5 to 10 years at the outside.

One thing to note is that Temple is the House of Yahweh. It literally housed the Ark of the Covenant that contained the tablets of the Ten Commandments which denoted the presence of GOD. Now, I would think, that in Jewish theology that if they don’t have the Ark, then there is no reason to rebuild the Temple. A replica Ark will not do. Just to build a building is not the purpose of the Temple. So my question is how will President Buraq, er… I mean Barack reveal the location of the Ark and bring it to Jerusalem? But with the presence of Jesus, the Ark is no longer needed because GOD is within us all.

• Like 1

One thing to note is that Temple is the House of Yahweh. It literally housed the Ark of the Covenant that contained the tablets of the Ten Commandments which denoted the presence of GOD. Now, I would think, that in Jewish theology that if they don't have the Ark, then there is no reason to rebuild the Temple. A replica Ark will not do. Just to build a building is not the purpose of the Temple. So question is how will President Buraq, er… I mean Barack reveal the location of the Ark and bring it to Jerusalem? But with the presence of Jesus, the Ark is no longer needed because GOD is within us all.

I think the 12 th Imam is supposed to "find" the ark in the dead sea or there about.

One thing to note is that Temple is the House of Yahweh. It literally housed the Ark of the Covenant that contained the tablets of the Ten Commandments which denoted the presence of GOD. Now, I would think, that in Jewish theology that if they don't have the Ark, then there is no reason to rebuild the Temple. A replica Ark will not do. Just to build a building is not the purpose of the Temple. So my question is how will President Buraq, er… I mean Barack reveal the location of the Ark and bring it to Jerusalem? But with the presence of Jesus, the Ark is no longer needed because GOD is within us all.

Isn't it in a little church in Ethiopia?

• Like 1