Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Races Were Reversed

No Censorship

When we were preschooling our child, we deliberately chose a preschool that was culturally diverse. At home, we didn't define people by skin color as he was growing up. Rather we simply used their name. It wasn't until my son was in the first grade when he questioned why some kids chose to stick together. When we asked what kids, and found out they were all Af-Amer kids, we knew the race issues had just started in his life. It wasn't my spouse and I that defined people by the skin for my son, it was the Af. Amer's themselves that brought the race issue to light for my son.

Don't cry boo-hoo because there are race issues. Rather take a look at yourself and see how you cause the race issue by the everyday behaviors you practice that maintains the negative aspects of the race issue.

We tried not to note race issues.

Af. Amer.s simply wouldn't allow us to treat them as our peers and friends. Think about it!!

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 2

I just have to add that the day my son began to see race was a very sad day for our little family. We did not initiate it, and were saddened it happened. Our hearts fell that day, with regards to education and race.

When we were preschooling our child, we deliberately chose a preschool that was culturally diverse. At home, we didn't define people by skin color as he was growing up. Rather we simply used their name. It wasn't until my son was in the first grade when he questioned why some kids chose to stick together. When we asked what kids, and found out they were all Af-Amer kids, we knew the race issues had just started in his life. It wasn't my spouse and I that defined people by the skin for my son, it was the Af. Amer's themselves that brought the race issue to light for my son.

Don't cry boo-hoo because there are race issues. Rather take a look at yourself and see how you cause the race issue by the everyday behaviors you practice that maintains the negative aspects of the race issue.

We tried not to note race issues.

Af. Amer.s simply wouldn't allow us to treat them as our peers and friends. Think about it!!

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

I just have to add that the day my son began to see race was a very sad day for our little family. We did not initiate it, and were saddened it happened. Our hearts fell that day, with regards to education and race.

I can understand that. That's really sad, too.

Racism can happen in any race, black or white....

• Like 1

It may be apples and oranges, but I saw an online post that stated (and I can't site the source to be fair): in the 500+ days between the time the shooting occurred and the trial concluded, over 11,000 black on black murders were committed in the US. Sure, a lot of it is gang violence, but where is Rev. Al, Jessie, Louis and the other usual suspects who claim to represent the interests of blacks in the US? You would think they care that their own people are murdering one another at an alarming rate. There are real problems in the American black community: Almost 3 out of 4 babies in the black community are born out of wedlock. Their unemployment numbers are nearly twice the national average. Many children are being raised in single parent (i.e. no father) households. Young black males are disproportionally committing crime.

What happened in Florida was tragic in that a life was taken, but there are more serious problems going on among blacks, however you make feel about the verdict. I don't see Stevie Wonder boycotting Chicago.

It may also be of interest to know that four armed blacks shot and killed an unarmed white teenager in Charleston, SC in June. I see no outrage from the main-stream media, in fact no mention at all. I'm shocked.

• Like 2

It may be apples and oranges, but I saw an online post that stated (and I can't site the source to be fair): in the 500+ days between the time the shooting occurred and the trial concluded, over 11,000 black on black murders were committed in the US. Sure, a lot of it is gang violence, but where is Rev. Al, Jessie, Louis and the other usual suspects who claim to represent the interests of blacks in the US? You would think they care that their own people are murdering one another at an alarming rate. There are real problems in the American black community: Almost 3 out of 4 babies in the black community are born out of wedlock. Their unemployment numbers are nearly twice the national average. Many children are being raised in single parent (i.e. no father) households. Young black males are disproportionally committing crime.

What happened in Florida was tragic in that a life was taken, but there are more serious problems going on among blacks, however you make feel about the verdict. I don't see Stevie Wonder boycotting Chicago.

It may also be of interest to know that four armed blacks shot and killed an unarmed white teenager in Charleston, SC in June. I see no outrage from the main-stream media, in fact no mention at all. I'm shocked.

This is so true....

Black on Black Crime Largely Ignored: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/black-on-black-crime-widely-ignored-say-african-american-activists/

The Shocking Data on Black on Black Crime: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/04/09/race-wars-part-1-the-shocking-data-on-black-on-black-crime/

• Like 1

I can understand that. That's really sad, too.

Racism can happen in any race, black or white....

But hey, the pendulum swings. I just wish the swings weren't so extreme.

there is only one RACE......... the human race

in time ALL will become one.

gravity

We all come from Africa. We're all one species, and our species is a mess. :lol:

• Like 3

This is part of the double standard. White people are told it doesn't matter if there's racism towards white people, those white people shouldn't matter if you don't know them because we are all the human race. We are told we have no connection to them so its racist to care. Then when a black kid gets shot, these same people start yelling about black rights, black pride and ending racism. What racism? I thought we were all the same race. Liberals are intent on promoting racial pride in non-whites, while telling whites they don't exist as a race. And this divisiveness is about as dangerous as it gets, because slowly white people are going to feel attacked (and they are being attacked), and this will slowly turn into racism and white pride. And the left will be helpless to fight against it, since the very real attacks on white people will justify the racism in these people's minds. Some day in the future, the left will be remembered in the same way the Nazis and the KKK are.

All become one? I have a feeling it will slip way into the opposite before everyone mixes together. And the far-left will be 99% responsible for it.

Do what I did years ago and throw away your television if you have one. The media and the gov use 3 main divisive issues to divide public opinion: Race, religion and sexual orientation(gender) Learn to recognize these divisive issues before it consumes you into joining part of a collective side.

Ive never met anybody I never found any common interest and got along with face to face. Im sure many others here can relate.

• Like 2

We all come from Africa. We're all one species, and our species is a mess. :lol:

Allow me.....

Our governments are a mess.

• Like 2

You got that right. There's just too much crime, too little time.

But the race-reversal question is being tossed around in the general sense not focusing on media coverage. Implications vary but often it's that the black person can't get away with it like Zimmerman. Our prisons are definitely jam packed with blacks so that's a statistic that's being used in that line of reasoning.

I tried to concentrate on the dishonest and misleading media. Race is just a physical characteristic that has been "fetishized" by ignorant individuals from time immemorial, so racism is one of the sins that come with life on Earth. That's how I see it, anyway. In my belief system, that's how God sees it.

I agree with your point about overcrowded systems (prison, jail, parole, etc.). We have the distinct "honor" of holding two world records in the category of prison population, and class and/or race play parts in the number of inmates. Privatization won't help. It will just monetize prisoners, some of whom are caged for the serious crime of plant-smoking

• Like 2

It's culture, not race. The "Black community" of the 1950s was more stable than the "White community" of the aughts. I refer to metrics like out-of-wedlock births and single mothers. Something has changed in society, and it's independent of race.

• Like 1

It's culture, not race. The "Black community" of the 1950s was more stable than the "White community" of the aughts. I refer to metrics like out-of-wedlock births and single mothers. Something has changed in society, and it's independent of race.

You may be correct, it's a culture that seems to pick up much of the worst of society. The baggy pants supposedly emulate prison garb, where no belts are allowed, hence the falling pants. Five minutes of late night viewing of a rap video will give you some idea about how their culture views women and glorifies violence, and it isn't pretty. Then there seems to be peer pressure NOT to learn in school because you are some kind of racial "sellout" if you become educated. But it could also be decades of "control" by the Democrat party. I would guess few blacks today if asked would know that both Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr. were Republicans, or that southern Democrats were the creators of the KKK, or that certain liberal eugenics organizations specifically targeted the black race through promoting abortion. Or that Al Gore, Sr. (D) voted against the Civil RIghts Act or Senator Robert Byrd (D) was a Kleagle, (a Klan recruiter) in the 1920-30s. Yet any black that embraces any conservative ideas or tries to assimilate into modern society is an "uncle Tom". Until they get over these mindsets they will always be a culture apart.

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 2

Hard to change a culture. Maybe the word "culture" should not be used to describe it. Many people think of "culture" as a way of life that has fond thoughts about it. Thye current way of life for many blacks is not old in historical terms, but I think young people think they are belittling their heritage if they don't conform to the current way. I also think much of it is trying to distance themselves from the percieved white culture and make their own.

Of course this is just my speculation.

Do what I did years ago and throw away your television if you have one. The media and the gov use 3 main divisive issues to divide public opinion: Race, religion and sexual orientation(gender) Learn to recognize these divisive issues before it consumes you into joining part of a collective side.

Ive never met anybody I never found any common interest and got along with face to face. Im sure many others here can relate.

I don't watch TV (well, perhaps I download the odd show once in a while). Joining part of a collective side? Im white, my family is too, im not joining anything. Once again, white people just don't exist and aren't aloud to speak out for their collective rights. Re-read my earlier post cause youre still forwarding the narrative that its racist for me to have any type of common western identity with other westerners, Im just supposed to ignore if not hate my own culture. I have no problem with other races of people, but I will not pretend that im not white or that my culture is inherently evil. Ain't happenin. I recognize media propaganda just fine, and a lot it is attacking white people, based purely on their race. If you cant see how one group of people is told to not have a collective identity (like you just told me not to have), while the rest of the groups are encouraged to have a strong identity, then maybe you are falling for media propaganda.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Like 1

You may be correct, it's a culture that seems to pick up much of the worst of society. The baggy pants supposedly emulate prison garb, where no belts are allowed, hence the falling pants. Five minutes of late night viewing of a rap video will give you some idea about how their culture views women and glorifies violence, and it isn't pretty. Then there seems to be peer pressure NOT to learn in school because you are some kind of racial "sellout" if you become educated. But it could also be decades of "control" by the Democrat party. I would guess few blacks today if asked would know that both Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr. were Republicans, or that southern Democrats were the creators of the KKK, or that certain liberal eugenics organizations specifically targeted the black race through promoting abortion. Or that Al Gore, Sr. (D) voted against the Civil RIghts Act or Senator Robert Byrd (D) was a Kleagle, (a Klan recruiter) in the 1920-30s. Yet any black that embraces any conservative ideas or tries to assimilate into modern society is an "uncle Tom". Until they get over these mindsets they will always be a culture apart.

It's relegated to a certain segment of society, and many of them are White. Many Black people oppose sexist and violent rap lyrics, for instance. Some White teens embrace them. That's what I meant by culture trumping race. Also, it goes beyond things like fashion and music. You can find good kids who wear baggy, saggy pants and listen to gangsta' rap. I'm referring to personal decisions that show up in national statistics. Listening to offensive rap won't lead to crime and vice. Those are personal decisions. Some movies and music might be toxic, but they don't force people to make the wrong choices. The change in modern culture is more profound than just exterior trappings. It's more related to ignoring the important decisions that are integral to successful lives. You mentioned the shunning of education. I'm referring to that, as well as the downplaying of courtesy and decency. The destruction of the nuclear family is the most impactful change, though. Most negative cultural trends stem from that.

You typed a good list of historical facts that are ignored by leftists. That's assuming that they're not just willfully ignorant of the history of tragedies and travesties like the involvement of Planned Parenthood in eugenics, as well as sterilization based on race. Sanger's views on Black babies approached Hitler's views on Jewish babies, but that's swept under the rug. Scratch that; it's buried under the building.

Yeah, it is a sad day. However, as a society/nation, how do we teach history without revealing the truth of race.

I'm in an interracial marriage (19 years - I'm black and wife is white.) I have a 7 year old. She learned about slavery this year. She asked me the following question: "Dad, if slavery were happening today, would you and I be slaves?"

What do you say? I told her that "it depended on where we lived". In some areas of the country, we would not be considered slaves. We would be normal citizens like we are now.

That was the best that I could do.

I remember when I first saw "Roots". I was in first grade or second. I was furious and wanted to beat up all my white friends. My mom and dad talked to me about the differences between history and the present. They told me that things were different now and that we should "love and treat others as we wanted to be treated" and not to judge by race.

Plus, all my friends were awesome. How could I stay angry?

I'm one of those black kids that grew up in mostly white communities and society. With a few minor exceptions, my peers treated me no different than they treated each other.

• Like 1

I don't watch TV (well, perhaps I download the odd show once in a while). Joining part of a collective side? Im white, my family is too, im not joining anything. Once again, white people just don't exist and aren't aloud to speak out for their collective rights. Re-read my earlier post cause youre still forwarding the narrative that its racist for me to have any type of common western identity with other westerners, Im just supposed to ignore if not hate my own culture. I have no problem with other races of people, but I will not pretend that im not white or that my culture is inherently evil. Ain't happenin. I recognize media propaganda just fine, and a lot it is attacking white people, based purely on their race. If you cant see how one group of people is told to not have a collective identity (like you just told me not to have), while the rest of the groups are encouraged to have a strong identity, then maybe you are falling for media propaganda.

Why should anybody base identity on race? We're all individuals. I feel more connected to Black libertarians than White progressives. The former group represent me and my beliefs much more than the latter does. It's not only that. Races aren't monolithic groups with identical morals and values. Now, *that's* media propaganda. I'll take Ben Carson over Piers Morgan any day of the week, and I could give two @#$% about their skin tone.

- Ah, but, that's the media potraying black culture. Also, like you guys, blacks are individuals, we also are different based on region. For example, I grew up in the midwest, I'll stack my families history - as patriotic Americans- up against anyones. I have a ton of veterans in my family. There are farmers and ranchers. There are doctors and engineers and lawyers. And, yes, I have some bad elements as well. Blacks in the midwest are not as loud and vocal as blacks from the big cities back on the east or west coast.

We are individuals just like you. Rap videos is hardly even a snip of our culture. I suggest that you visit a black church and you can see some of the other side of our culture.

- As a liberal, I hear the "KKK was created by democrats" argument a lot. It is a fact that back then those who did not want to see change were democrats. Those who fought to maintain the status quo were democrats. However, I would argue that that is the very definition of conservative. The democrats (mainly southern democrats) were the conservatives of the day. The democrats have an entirely different mindset now.

Love or hate Obama, you cannot deny, the diversity that was represented at his campaigns vs. the lack of diversity at Mitts/McCain's campaigns.

- Finally, like I said above, we are individuals just like you. You have country folks, we have country folks. You have city folks, we have city folks. You have conservative people, WE also have conservative people. Most blacks of the previous generation are more conservative than liberal - like my mom. She doesn't believe in abortion (well, she says it should be legal but extremely rare), sex before marriage, or gay marriage (a point of contention). However, she mistrusts conservatives because of her experiences with people who were conservative. You have to understand, it's not Sharpton on Jackson that define us or put mental images in our heads. We have REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES that YOU guys simply do not have and that is what defines our views. For my mom, working with a bunch white male republicans for over 30 years at an oil company in Oklahoma, has defined "REPUBLICAN" for her.

Other things that drive blacks from republicans: The "southern strategy" - first deployed by Reagan. The man initiated his presidential campaign in Philadelphia, Miss. Why? In his speech, he mentioned "states rights". For a black person, thats code for disagreeing with the civil rights movement, school desegregation..etc.

Take Sara Palin and her "Real America' comment. I actually supported McCain up until that very comment. I didn't trust Obama at the time and, for the most part, still don't. At the time, my family had 3 active veterans in Iraq - all brothers -all from the same family. These 3 guys were from Houston, Tx. They listened to rap, R&B and hip-hop. They like playing basketball and driving fast cars on the Houston freeways. They ARE patriots who were fighting for their country. They ARE REAL Americans. Again, another reason to avoid republicans. "

There were 12 kids in my dads family, 6 boys and 6 girls. 5 of the 6 of the boys were veterans. My mom's family was smaller. She had one brother. He was a veteran. That's an insult to suggest that were are NOT "Real Americans".

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Stop letting the media define black people. Go to a church on the black side of your town/city and, even after the Martin verdict, watch how welcomed and loved you'll be.

Edited by blacknagus

I am an individual. I own my body. I am me. Plain and simple. Even though I am part Irish-French and First Nation I do not consider myself to be collectively Irish, French or FN. Its pointless... I am a mix of cultures.... What does it matter? Who benefits?

Collectivists use division to control groups of individuals because they fear individual freedom. The fear is another individual taking over what they built for themselves through the use of gov force.

• Like 2

You typed a good list of historical facts that are ignored by leftists. That's assuming that they're not just willfully ignorant of the history of tragedies and travesties like the involvement of Planned Parenthood in eugenics, as well as sterilization based on race. Sanger's views on Black babies approached Hitler's views on Jewish babies, but that's swept under the rug. Scratch that; it's buried under the building.

The irony of Obama saying, "God Bless Planned Parenthood" is lost on most people. But then ideology probably trumped history.

• Like 2

The irony of Obama saying, "God Bless Planned Parenthood" is lost on most people. But then ideology probably trumped history.

PP does much more than abortions. Again, maybe the original intent was eugenic in nature but, now things are different. Missions change. People change. The people who run PP changed.

PP does a lot of good vs. what conservatives would consider evil.

It's like an Irish toast to Cromwell. The sad irony of that would be lost on them too.

• Like 1

I am an individual. I own my body. I am me. Plain and simple. Even though I am part Irish-French and First Nation I do not consider myself to be collectively Irish, French or FN. Its pointless... I am a mix of cultures.... What does it matter? Who benefits?

Collectivists use division to control groups of individuals because they fear individual freedom. The fear is another individual taking over what they built for themselves through the use of gov force.

I am also an individual. That doesn't mean I take a "me" centric view of things. I have responsibility to things outside of myself as well. Like family, and my nation. This whole idea that only "me" matters is why no one gives a crap about the corruption in our governments. We do have responsibilities outside of our selves. Is it all of a sudden wrong to stand up for a group's rights? I have been vocal in the past about profiling in the black community for example, I have no doubt there are many cops who systematically discriminate while on the job. According to your ideals, it doesn't matter, because its just individual cops abusing individuals. Genocide, also doesn't matter, because its just individuals killing other individuals? Their race or religion etc, shouldn't even be thought of as a factor then? So something like genocide (sorry for being extreme) or systematic discrimination means nothing, because its really just several individuals killing other individuals. You can look at it that way, but it doesn't change the fact that groups exist in an ethnic and cultural sense, and that groups can be targeted as a whole as well.

Lets say every irish-french / first nations person was being targeted by the government and mainstream media. You would not speak out about it? Even though you know its going to effect you eventually, but regardless of your personal identity, you do fall into that group, you were born into it. And this is where it comes back to the double standard, because other groups are told to stand up for their collective rights, while white people are told they can't and that they have no ethnic origins, white people just pop out of the ground as a total individual (and yet its still ok to generalize them, if it comes to blaming them for their ancestors actions). And here you are forwarding the mainstream media's message, while talking down to me about media propaganda and divisiveness. You're only halfway there to even understanding it.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Like 1

PP does much more than abortions. Again, maybe the original intent was eugenic in nature but, now things are different. Missions change. People change. The people who run PP changed.

PP does a lot of good vs. what conservatives would consider evil.

Really? Last time I checked its still owned by the same family that still calls for world-wide depopulation.

• Like 1