Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your favorite Urban Legend?

WillowWolf

Title says it all.

My personal favorite is the Legend of the Melonheads. And werewolfs, can't forget werewolfs.

Noel Coward.

Ohh I thought you said Urbane Legends.

Never mind, moving on....

• Like 1

That if you play with yourself your palms will grow hairy

• Like 1

I like the one with the old lady that rides a werewolf so hard and long that his legs fell off.

I quite like the Bible, but have not finished reading it all yet, they keep adding bits on.

• Like 3

I like the one with the old lady that rides a werewolf so hard and long that his legs fell off.

Never heard about that one.... a linky, Hazz?

rules to surviving a horror movie. Don't own a phone or a car. Problem solved.

and don't have a boyfriend, don't go to lover's lane, don't get out of the car, ect.

Gerbil and Richard Gere...

Or...

Rod Stewart, and a Quart of ( not sure I can say ) pumped out of his stomache.

I never could believe people bought into those, and still do.

• Like 1

Gerbil and Richard Gere...

Or...

I never could believe people bought into those, and still do.

That gerbil and Richard Gere one is LMAO ridiculous

The Rod Stewart one is just gross although they have said that one about a number of different people, Elton John, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Jon Bon Jovi, Alanis Morissette, Britney Spears and Lil' Kim, to name but a few.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 1

That gerbil and Richard Gere one is LMAO ridiculous

The Rod Stewart one is just gross although they have said that one about a number of different people, Elton John, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Jon Bon Jovi, Alanis Morissette, Britney Spears and Lil' Kim, to name but a few.

Britney Spears and Alanis are almost believable :)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

I've heard that one about Marc Almond and David Bowie.

My favourite urban legend is an old one I'm not going to describe in detail. I'm sure many here have heard it before and it involves a woman a dog and either mayonnaise/jam/peanut butter and being interrupted by her boyfriend/flatmate/etc. in the middle of a very rude act, etc.

I love it because I've heard 2 people tell me the story and swear it happened to a "friend of a friend" of theirs.

• Like 1

My favourite urban legend is an old one I'm not going to describe in detail. I'm sure many here have heard it before and it involves a woman a dog and either mayonnaise/jam/peanut butter and being interrupted by her boyfriend/flatmate/etc. in the middle of a very rude act, etc.

I love it because I've heard 2 people tell me the story and swear it happened to a "friend of a friend" of theirs.

That is a real thing, disgusting.....I could find video to support this, but no way......

I just had a BBQ / Horse Shoe tourney a couple weeks ago. One of my friends asked if he could bring peanut butter for my dogs, and if they could have alone time......He was joking, I hope.

lol yeah people actually do that

The Legend of ManBearPig. Scary ****!!!!!!!!

The Legend of ManBearPig. Scary ****!!!!!!!!

I thought that whole legend was basically from South Park could be wrong though

Ok so this is not my favorite but its possibly one of the most bizarre. .. growing up my mother and grandmother used to tell me that if you cried and then laughed you will grow hair on ur butt. Hahaha.

I know. Wtf right?

I remember a couple of strange ones about celebrities.

The actor who played Kevin's best friend Paul on The Wonder Years is Marilyn Manson.

David Geffen married Keanu Reeves in a secret gay wedding ceremony,.

I remember a couple of strange ones about celebrities.

The actor who played Kevin's best friend Paul on The Wonder Years is Marilyn Manson.

David Geffen married Keanu Reeves in a secret gay wedding ceremony,.

What they said.

When I saw younger there was a myth that if you walked around a church at midnight anticlockwise 3 times while reciting the Hail Mary you would meet the Devil.

Turns out there is a church in Ireland with that legend so it probably originated from there. Perhaps it's a common myth around the world.

Anyway, I did it on a dare at my local church. No-one else would do it but I knew it sounded like superstitious nonsense. Never got to see Old Nick.

I quite like the Bible, but have not finished reading it all yet, they keep adding bits on.

"They" keep adding parts on? What on earth are you talking about? The bible is complete, there is no one "adding parts on."

"They" keep adding parts on? What on earth are you talking about? The bible is complete, there is no one "adding parts on."

Well, its complete except for the 3or4hundred+ books the catholic church left out. And the few they find yearly that are hidden in old tombs or old temples.

Well, its complete except for the 3or4hundred+ books the catholic church left out. And the few they find yearly that are hidden in old tombs or old temples.

The Bible is a relatively arbitrary collection of Judeo-Christian writings selected and honed in the early centuries of Christianity. The Bible is defined by what the early Church decided should be canon (although there's disagreement still - Protestant bibles have 66 books, Catholicism 72 and the Egyptian Orthodox Church has 81). It's complete in the sense that the early Church decided over time that this particular piece of writing deserved to be canon, that piece of writing didn't, etc.

What qualifies some new found ancient manuscript as deserving to belong? It was never a complete or coherent single piece of writing in the first place that had bits "left out".