Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heroic Zimmerman emerges from hiding

Clarakore

George Zimmerman, who has not been seen publicly since being acquitted in the murder of Trayvon Martin earlier this month, surfaced last week to rescue an unidentified driver trapped in an overturned truck in Florida, police said Monday.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told Fox News that Zimmerman, 29, was identified by a crash victim as the man who pulled him from the mangled vehicle last week.

“George Zimmerman pulled me out,” firefighters were told by the unidentified driver, according to McAuliffe.

—snip

arrow3.gifView: Read more

You people are sick... he was found innocent in accordance with the Legal Statutes of the State of Florida, his defence did not use the "Stand Your Ground" basis for the defence at all.

he was found innocent of all charges based on the same premise that is used across the USA. he was defending himself from a physical assault. QED

• Like 4

Nice to see that Mr. Zimmerman didn't kill the family.

Nice to see that the family didn't feel the need to assualt Mr. Zimmerman.

• Like 7

Were they black?

That would only be of importance to someone that was racist so I don't think it would have mattered to Zimmerman.

• Like 6

Before anyone doubts the FOX news link check out ABC...they reported it first.

I wonder what color the truck was? :whistle:

Edited by BiffSplitkins
  • Like 6

And again he trys to put the Community's best interest before himself. 99% of people would have just kept driving.

• Like 7

And again he trys to put the Community's best interest before himself. 99% of people would have just kept driving.

99% of people who have kept driving past an overturned car with occupants inside..? :rolleyes:

99% of people who have kept driving past an overturned car with occupants inside..? :rolleyes:

That surprises you? People in that San Francisco plane crash were grabbing their freaking bags instead of helping the injured!!!

• Like 5

It is well known in the US that if you stop, you become responsible for what happens. So if I was to stop to help these people out of their car, and say... one of the kids was badly cut on glass in the process, they can Sue me for helping them. They probably would not win, depending on what kind of Good Samaritan laws are in what area, but it is basically Stop-at-your-own-risk in the US. There is no expectation of anyone having to help, other then medical personnel, they are required to stop and assist if possible. At least AFAIK.

• Like 4

Which George Zimmerman did this?

The White Hispanic one, or just the Hispanic one?

Funny how the article doesn't mention anything about his race here.

I guess, because it boils down to IT DON'T FREAKING MATTER!!

• Like 7

You people are sick... he was found innocent in accordance with the Legal Statutes of the State of Florida, his defence did not use the "Stand Your Ground" basis for the defence at all.

he was found innocent of all charges based on the same premise that is used across the USA. he was defending himself from a physical assault. QED

Exactly. We should all be so fortunate to find ourselves with such a crack legal defense team should we be in a similar situation.

• Like 1

lol yes.

when a guy was pushed off the platform in nyc, ppl took out phones and started taking pictures, one guy made over 20 pics, however not a single one even tried to pull the man out. even thou there was time, enough to take 20 pics.

better question, what would TM do? pass by, help. or rob them and run?

• Like 3

About a month ago the news showed a CCTV footage of a man running down a set of steps to catch a train. His foot slipped and he came crashing down a flight of steps where he lay unconscious for a moment before slowly twitching. Check the video Here, and observe as someone saw what happens and then calmly walks the opposite direction. Watch then as another commuter climbs the steps and then steps over the twitching man. Neither calls an ambulance or even bothers to check that the man is ok.

This happened a five-minute walk from my old workplace, and only a 25 minute walk from where I live.

Common human decency, I have noticed in recent years, is sadly not common any longer. Especially with the rise of Smart Phone technology, people seem more interested in taking video of people's misfortune so they can put it on Facebook or Twitter, rather than stopping and helping someone in trouble.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 5

About a month ago the news showed a CCTV footage of a man running down a set of steps to catch a train. His foot slipped and he came crashing down a flight of steps where he lay unconscious for a moment before slowly twitching. Check the video Here, and observe as someone saw what happens and then calmly walks the opposite direction. Watch then as another commuter climbs the steps and then steps over the twitching man. Neither calls an ambulance or even bothers to check that the man is ok.

This happened a five-minute walk from my old workplace, and only a 25 minute walk from where I live.

Common human decency, I have noticed in recent years, is sadly not common any longer. Especially with the rise of Smart Phone technology, people seem more interested in taking video of people's misfortune so they can put it on Facebook or Twitter, rather than stopping and helping someone in trouble.

Yeah i know which video you are talking about, that actually made the news down here as well. If there is law that would prohibit, or at lease discourage people from helping another injured person in fear of being sued, then that is absolutely disgusting. Unless it was something like unnecessarily moving a potential spinal victim. Other than that...

I hope whoever created, and those who passed such a law find themselves in a situation where they want help and nobody responds because of it.

• Like 2

there is no such law, there are laws that protect you "good samaritan law" however, even if you win a lawsuite, still you had to go thur all that, becouse you HELPED SOMEONE. why would anyone want to be sued?? even if some law protects you, the best lawsuite is the one that never been filed.

i personaly saw a motocycle crash, the riders helmet came off, not even 5 seconds passed as a car stopped, rear door opened, a guy grabbed the helmet and they took off.

Edited by aztek

Trayvon Martin had a video on his phone of two homeless men fighting over a bike. He did not call 911, or stop to help, he just filmed the fight and went on about his day. That is the default in most places.

I'm giving George Zimmerman big time credit for stopping to help.

• Like 4

Trayvon Martin had a video on his phone of two homeless men fighting over a bike. He did not call 911, or stop to help, he just filmed the fight and went on about his day. That is the default in most places.

I'm giving George Zimmerman big time credit for stopping to help.

Particularly given the fact that he has a pretty good price on his head.

• Like 3

Yeah i know which video you are talking about, that actually made the news down here as well. If there is law that would prohibit, or at lease discourage people from helping another injured person in fear of being sued, then that is absolutely disgusting. Unless it was something like unnecessarily moving a potential spinal victim. Other than that...

I hope whoever created, and those who passed such a law find themselves in a situation where they want help and nobody responds because of it.

Come on man, In Australia the police will pepper spray you for helping an unconscious man (

Australia is a far more racist country than the US. I mean, there are actual race riots.

So i don't blame minorities for not wanting to help in OZ

• Like 1

Someone asked if it was the white hispanic or the hispanic george. I say it was the american george that stopped to help.

I have seen people on here bad mouthing people who didn't stop to help. Where is the praise for those who did help.

A couple of years ago one man fall on the subway tracks. Not having enugh time to pull him to safety, another man jumped down and held the guy until the train passed. Just this year an elderly man jumped down and picked another man up off of the ttacks. These people didn't stop and ask what their race was, neither did george.

• Like 4

Someone asked if it was the white hispanic or the hispanic george. I say it was the american george that stopped to help.

I have seen people on here bad mouthing people who didn't stop to help. Where is the praise for those who did help.

A couple of years ago one man fall on the subway tracks. Not having enugh time to pull him to safety, another man jumped down and held the guy until the train passed. Just this year an elderly man jumped down and picked another man up off of the ttacks. These people didn't stop and ask what their race was, neither did george.

Yes, I posted the 'hispanic' or 'white', and just for clarity sake, I want to say I agree with you.

My whole point was in this case, just as it was in the Self Defense trial, Georges race did NOT matter.

• Like 2

Come on man, In Australia the police will pepper spray you for helping an unconscious man (

Australia is a far more racist country than the US. I mean, there are actual race riots.

So i don't blame minorities for not wanting to help in OZ

Mate in regards to the Kiwi couple, they certanly didn't deserve that if their story was as said, which i believe it was. We have a****** cops just like anywhere else, they are just people who passed the test.

And the so called 'Cronulla riots' had been brewing for years mate. Gangs of Lebanese in their teens and twenties would come down and harass the girls, disrespect them, cause trouble, but it all came to a stop when a group bashed lifeguards. Too litle too late is what we had.

• Like 1