Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SMILE.JPG

kannin

What i said was:

'maybe i'm not weak enough in my mentallity'

Which mentions me, noone else. I do not suffer nightmares and never have, and i feel i have a strong mentality.

By this i mean i am able to think for myself and i am not easily coerced into believing anything otherwise by influences

other than what i decide upon. I am not motivated by images that may cause other people nightmares.

This is my opinion, and i'm afraid if you don't like it, then that is your perogative :su

It still sounds like you're refering to when I said it gave me nightmares, snide comments aren't appreciated.

It still sounds like you are having a pop too. I have explained everything i have written.

I stated what i actually said, as a reply from your comment. Then i explained clearly what i meant by what i had said.

The only thing 'snide' is the comment you just made. This thread is about an image supposedly provoking nightmares and

seizures. The mention of 'Nightmares' doesn't instantly mean that 'You' are centre of conversation because you are unfortunate

enough to experience them.

As i said, i have adequately explained the point i was making.

I'm done arguing with you. I'm quitting before this topic gets shut down due to it. Carry on about Smile.JPG sorry folks.

Edited by Jennifer_P

guys....it's about 40°C in my office....i put the picture as a desktop background earlier, in hope i would get seizures'n'stuff and be able to go home earlier....but guess what happened:

Exactly! :td:

dude! why the hell did i not think of this? i would have added strobe lights though. maybe when the first people saw the pic there were problems with there lights at the same time!

I'm done arguing with you. I'm quitting before this topic gets shut down due to it. Carry on about Smile.JPG sorry folks.

lol hey jen! and yeah it takes alot more than this to get locked, but hey if you feel the need to argue due so, your opinions matter

• Like 1

This is just to show how gullible people are.

yeah, thats what makes it crappy for cryptid or urban legend finatics like my, with all the mass hysteria its hard to pin point a plausible or genuinly believable story :(

Well you're obviously out on a hormone binge looking for an argument.

First, i posted 6 messages after yours.

Second, my post never mentioned you, at all, [forgive me for not realising there was only you in the world that has nightmares] << Thats Snide

Third, You jumped on a proverbial bandwagon and 'presumed' it was all about you

Fourth, You carried on running your mush trying to cause aggravation for no justified reason even though i had explained what i meant

lol hey jen! and yeah it takes alot more than this to get locked, but hey if you feel the need to argue due so, your opinions matter

Hey! :)

Well you're obviously out on a hormone binge looking for an argument.

First, i posted 6 messages after yours.

Second, my post never mentioned you, at all, [forgive me for not realising there was only you in the world that has nightmares] << Thats Snide

Third, You jumped on a proverbial bandwagon and 'presumed' it was all about you

Fourth, You carried on running your mush trying to cause aggravation for no justified reason even though i had explained what i meant

how about you just stop now? jen is a friend and yes everyone has their opinions but you dont need to be that direct, if it keeps up i will pm a mod

I'll just say, there was one guy who believed he had cancer and he died prematurely. Cause of death: unknown. Not cancer. Placebo works in many ways, but actually believing in it as if it and it's effects were just as real as the pain you have at dentist when your tooth is pulled off without sedating you beforehand. I've had something like that at dentist, I actually smiled a lot during it :D wisdom tooth removal 1# placebo can be used to your advantage too, I told myself before the operation I'd just have a good time at dentist, sit in the chair and relax, and it worked like that. It's natural to doubt it works when you do it, but then just need to stretch your mind a bit and it should work. I say stretch your mind in absense of better words.

In short, these kind of things could be explained by what you'd probably call placebo. That they might work for some and for most they dont see to, though. If they can be explained like that, does it tell a lack of true gullibility?

Edited by Mikko-kun

Unfortunately, Direct is the only thing that some people understand, i was merely defending myself justly against what was thrown at me.

Any mod is welcome to read this and see for themselves, that i have no issues with.

I'll just say, there was one guy who believed he had cancer and he died prematurely. Cause of death: unknown. Not cancer. Placebo works in many ways, but actually believing in it as if it and it's effects were just as real as the pain you have at dentist when your tooth is pulled off without sedating you beforehand. I've had something like that at dentist, I actually smiled a lot during it :D wisdom tooth removal 1# placebo can be used to your advantage too, I told myself before the operation I'd just have a good time at dentist, sit in the chair and relax, and it worked like that. It's natural to doubt it works when you do it, but then just need to stretch your mind a bit and it should work. I say stretch your mind in absense of better words.

In short, these kind of things could be explained by what you'd probably call placebo. That they might work for some and for most they dont see to, though. If they can be explained like that, does it tell a lack of true gullibility?

yeah if some people believe in something enough it can def cause effects maybe thats why i dont drop and convulse when i see the pic, i wish there was documented reports of this happening then maybe it would be more believable, the first pic was better then the red one though

Unfortunately, Direct is the only thing that some people understand, i was merely defending myself justly against what was thrown at me.

Any mod is welcome to read this and see for themselves, that i have no issues with.

im not blaming either of you, you made a comment, she took it the wrong way, and it started a cycle, so lets just get along and stick on topic now :) shyt happens!

yeah if some people believe in something enough it can def cause effects maybe thats why i dont drop and convulse when i see the pic, i wish there was documented reports of this happening then maybe it would be more believable, the first pic was better then the red one though

[media=]

[/media]

Works because of reduced dopamine emission they say, but how did his body bend from normal ball-endurance to balls of steel? Would you think his training (of probably getting kicked on the nuts a whole lot of times) would went better if he had embraced himself every time and gathered himself and believed in himself and in that he can take it like nothing while recognicing the force, or that if he'd been acted like a scared little animal and panicked every time there was training for him? I bet the latter wouldn't work so well, because you become more aware of the pain that way.

Those pics, the better they work the better you can "live with them", the better you can get yourself absorbed to them. Just like all movies: watch something really scary to you and you can get jumpy, at least if you've not trained yourself. Or sports, there's much adrenaline released when the fans shout their things to the field. I dont think it's about whether the pictures work or not, but whether you allow them to work to yourself, and to what extent. Now who would want to die just for a picture?

btw, good profile test, that building new thing. :tu:

Edited by Mikko-kun
  • Like 2

Well that sucks! Any reaction at all?

my boss got a bit scared..... ;)

[media=]

Works because of reduced dopamine emission they say, but how did his body bend from normal ball-endurance to balls of steel? Would you think his training (of probably getting kicked on the nuts a whole lot of times) would went better if he had embraced himself every time and gathered himself and believed in himself and in that he can take it like nothing while recognicing the force, or that if he'd been acted like a scared little animal and panicked every time there was training for him? I bet the latter wouldn't work so well, because you become more aware of the pain that way.

Those pics, the better they work the better you can "live with them", the better you can get yourself absorbed to them. Just like all movies: watch something really scary to you and you can get jumpy, at least if you've not trained yourself. Or sports, there's much adrenaline released when the fans shout their things to the field. I dont think it's about whether the pictures work or not, but whether you allow them to work to yourself, and to what extent. Now who would want to die just for a picture?

exactly so even though the pic has no supernatural qualities, it can still cause the said effects to its legend because people allow it to noit a ghost or demon!

lol right on! and oh by the way SHIZZAH!

• Like 1

Hahahaha!

Iam not looking iam chicken lol

oh comon, youl love it, its really cute!

oh comon, youl love it, its really cute!

Lol! yeah its real cute.

• Like 1

Lol! yeah its real cute.

isnt it the cutest thing you have ever seen jen?

yes it is

[media=]

[/media]

I saw that guy on Stan Lee's superhumans

anybody heard the Legend of The White Bic Lighter?

• Like 1

anybody heard the Legend of The White Bic Lighter?

lol? please indulge, i would like to know about the white bic lighter