Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Russia Will Not Hand Him Over'

questionmark

Now that Russian authorities have provided him with papers, Edward Snowden will soon be able to leave the transit zone of the Moscow airport, where he has been holed up for weeks. In an interview, his lawyer discusses the whistleblower's plans and how Russia is testing the US.

For weeks, Edward Snowden has been stuck at Moscow's Sheremetyevo International Airport. Now, the waiting appears to be almost over. Russia's immigration service has ended its first review of his asylum application and provided Snowden with documents that will give him permission to move freely within Russia for now. A final decision on whether Russia will provide the whistleblower with a safe harbor is expected to be made within the coming months, the amount of time generally required to consider asylum applications.

In an interview with SPIEGEL ONLINE, Snowden's lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena, discusses the 30-year-old's worries and how Snowden spent his time in recent weeks. "He surfed the Web a lot and chatted with his friends," the Russian said. The lawyer also clarified that the United States has so far made no extradition request for his client, which has come as a surprise, but said that the US Embassy has expressed a desire to meet with him.

Read more

Living in Sheremetyevo II for weeks is probably punishment enough...it ain't much of an airport....

The problem with granting safe haven to a whistle blower is, old habits die hard. But if they want to grant him asylum there, that's thier business. Once a songbird, always a songbird. Let the good times roll.

The problem with granting safe haven to a whistle blower is, old habits die hard. But if they want to grant him asylum there, that's thier business. Once a songbird, always a songbird. Let the good times roll.

You talk like Whistle blowing is a bad thing

• Like 7

Interesting developments...

Putin-And-Snowden_zpsdfddef53.jpg

putinbearrider_zpsfa41b496.jpg

Sorry....couldn't resist...the Putin memes crack me up....

• Like 4

I seriously hope they never catch up to him, no matter where he ends up. If I was him id feel very betrayed by the America public. Most people are questioning whether or not HE is the criminal. Makes me want to puke.

• Like 2

I seriously hope they never catch up to him, no matter where he ends up. If I was him id feel very betrayed by the America public. Most people are questioning whether or not HE is the criminal. Makes me want to puke.

I think he understands better than anybody just how manipulated the perceptions of the american public are. I think most polls show most americans being fairly sympathetic, but it is by a small margin.

• Like 1

There is still the question of Viktor Bout. Nobody has connected this with Snowden, but if this changes, then Snowden, as I have written before, may regret flying to Moscow. I do not suggest some cold war type handover at checkpoint charlie, but sometimes things happening in unforseen and complicated means. Time will tell, soon I think.

• Like 1

I think he understands better than anybody just how manipulated the perceptions of the american public are. I think most polls show most americans being fairly sympathetic, but it is by a small margin.

Forget sympathy. People should be infurious that we are being spyed on to the extent we are. 0bama said "you cant expect 100% privacy". Why not? What they hell does he think the 4th amendment is for? The question shouldnt be whether or not we can expect 100% privacy. The question now should be is he the right guy to make sure law abiding folks get the 100% privacy the constitution demands we get. The answer to that is obvious. Snowden shouldnt have to be living in a airport. The people who created this disaster to liberty should be behind bars.

• Like 2

Interesting developments...

Putin-And-Snowden_zpsdfddef53.jpg

putinbearrider_zpsfa41b496.jpg

Sorry....couldn't resist...the Putin memes crack me up....

Tame to what is on Russian social networks :)

What I am fuming about today is the fact the House voted against the Amendment that would de-fund the NSA domestic surveillance if they continued to spy on Americans without probable cause.

I am going to dig up a list of who voted against it...Republicans and Democrats and start plastering it everywhere I can. I'm going to do this so that hopefully the word will get around on who is up this coming mid-term and who does not deserve another term in office.

If the American people vote for these traitors again, they themselves are traitors by default.

Edit to add:

Found it.

It's Amendment #100 to House Bill HR 2397

http://clerk.house.g...013/roll412.xml

I am working on a .doc showing the 205 patriots and the 217 Benedict Arnolds...most of which were Republicans.

Want to know why I think that is? It's called the Military Industrial Complex and I bet...if you had the time and resources, you would find most of the "Benedicts" are probably backdoor investors in these things,

Or get hefty campaign contributions to make sure this technology continues development....at the taxpayer expense.

I don't have time to do that kind of "investigative" work...you would think a real "journalist" would be inclined to do that...but those are an extinct species now.

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 2

What I am fuming about today is the fact the House voted against the Amendment that would de-fund the NSA domestic surveillance if they continued to spy on Americans without probable cause.

I am going to dig up a list of who voted against it...Republicans and Democrats and start plastering it everywhere I can. I'm going to do this so that hopefully the word will get around on who is up this coming mid-term and who does not deserve another term in office.

If the American people vote for these traitors again, they themselves are traitors by default.

Edit to add:

Found it.

I am working on a .doc showing the 205 patriots and the 217 Benedict Arnolds...most of which were Republicans.

Want to know why I think that is? It's called the Military Industrial Complex and I bet...if you had the time and resources, you would find most of the "Benedicts" are probably backdoor investors in these things,

Or get hefty campaign contributions to make sure this technology continues development....at the taxpayer expense.

I don't have time to do that kind of "investigative" work...you would think a real "journalist" would be inclined to do that...but those are an extinct species now.

Amazing :angry:

• Like 1

Edit to add:

Found it.

Took me awhile to find this story, (not surprised this story isn't front page news unfortunately):

Washington Washington — A west Michigan sophomore lawmaker narrowly lost his fight in Congress Wednesday to end the controversial national surveillance program made public this summer by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden.

The effort by U.S. Rep. Justin Amash, R-Cascade Township, galvanized support from civil liberty activists and a leading liberal Democrat, Rep. John Conyers, D-Detroit, but it met fierce opposition from the White House and the intelligence community, led by Howell Republican Rep. Mike Rogers, who argued the surveillance programs are vital tools to defend against terrorists.

Michigan representatives were split on the NSA amendment. In addition to Amash and Conyers, four supported the measure: Reps. Kerry Bentivolio, R-Milford, John Dingell, D-Dearborn, Bill Huizenga, R-Zeeland, and Dan Kildee, D-Flint Township. Joining Rogers in opposition were: Reps. Dan Benishek, R-Crystal Falls, Dave Camp, R-Midland, Sander Levin, D-Royal Oak, Candice Miller, R-Harrison Township, Gary Peters, D-Bloomfield Township, Fred Upton, R-St. Joseph, and Tim Walberg, R-Tipton.

Tensions between the Michigan lawmakers spilled over on the House floor Wednesday night in debating the amendment.

“We’re here today for a very simple reason: to defend the Fourth Amendment, to defend the privacy of each and every American,” Amash said before the vote.

“Opponents of this amendment will use the same tactic that every government throughout history has used to justify its violation of rights: fear.”

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

Edit to add:

Found it.

Spread the word, brother! Get those names out there!

• Like 2

http://www.infowars....a-surveillance/

Here is the list. 12 people didnt vote, which happens to be the margin

That is a pretty narrow margin....205 Ayes vs 217 Noes....

I bet the White House is s****** bricks right now at how close this was!! LOL....

Come on guys, let's spread the word, and get the clowns who voted against this bill out!

• Like 2