Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Slender Man is upon us

Tokemus

• 1 month later...

OMG! This pic of Slenderman is like totally not fake at all.

tumblr_mpwdue503c1qag05ko1_1280.jpg

Do people really take this Slender Man thing seriously in 2013?

• Like 1

OMG! This pic of Slenderman is like totally not fake at all.

tumblr_mpwdue503c1qag05ko1_1280.jpg

Do people really take this Slender Man thing seriously in 2013?

Apparently lol

• Like 2

Most people are aware of his origin in the SomethingAwful forums. Marble Hornets is really well done and the two video games are great.

Edited by BeastieRunner

Most people are aware of his origin in the SomethingAwful forums. Marble Hornets is really well done and the two video games are great.

Yeah, I've enjoyed the Marble Hornets videos I've seen and I've played the first Slenderman game. For a such a short simple game it was very effective at scaring the **** out of me. What's the new one like?

I'm just surprised about the amount of posts I see on the interweb by people talking about it like a real thing. We had a member here a while back who claimed a friend of theirs killed a Slenderman demon for example.

Yeah, I've enjoyed the Marble Hornets videos I've seen and I've played the first Slenderman game. For a such a short simple game it was very effective at scaring the **** out of me. What's the new one like?

I'm just surprised about the amount of posts I see on the interweb by people talking about it like a real thing. We had a member here a while back who claimed a friend of theirs killed a Slenderman demon for example.

The new one is written by the Marble Hornets crew. So better gameplay + graphics + music + writing = a really good idie game. It's ~$10 I think.

I've written about the tulpa efect and other crazy theories on Slender Man here before. If you're interested, I can dig them up for you. On that subject of Slender being real, we had a joke in this thread that once a page you had to state it wasn't real as somebody always came in to either troll or didn't read any part of the thread. It was great! :yes:

• 3 weeks later...

What you are calling the slender man is perhaps the black stick man who has become the recent trend in the paranormal realm. The stick men look just like the black stick figures drawn by kindergarten children to resemble people, except for that they are very real! They are sometimes seen walking down the road during dawn or dusk. An immediate sense of fear surrounds those who see him. For more info, see my blog post: http://allaboutoccult.blogspot.in/2013/07/stick-man-phenomenon.html and you are always welcome to start a discussion on the stick man on my blog by using the comment section after the post.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wha? slender wh photos man how real/ but games nor videos time, waste of, books many ther are calling out to be read.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Slender Man is no match for Considerable Man!

Considerable Man dresses all in black, because it is slimming.

He has a fat face, fat body, fat arms and legs, and he chases you for a very short time.

• Like 1

Does Slender Man have any connection to Grinning Man? Or, are they interchangeably the same entity? I've heard a lot of Grinning Man, and I believe I have heard him referred to as Slender Man as well but I can't quite recall.

I sometimes enter a place in my dream that I call "NeverWhere"; it is a place that never was; that's how people before my time say it as "Never-Never World" or "Never-World" for short. I think what they call "The Slender Man" is stalking me through this "NeverWhere"--a world where everything is tinted-blue, and, where the shadow of objects are a deep-black color. This so-called "Shadow Person"-looking figure of a man comes and tries to choke me to death; I fight back in this particular dream. "It" tried to deceive me into think "it-self" was my older brother John-Paul; "it" even had his voice exactly-matched. I saw "it''s face in the dream; it was exactly like what is describe as what the "Slender-Man"-face-area is described as. There were other "dark-figures" in the shape-form of animals; a cat and a dog. Somehow, I wanted to journey into the outside world of "NeverWhere", but, for some reason I could not; that's when "it" showed up and attacked me by choking me with "it";s own handsl "It" was making a growling-like sound. Then I had woken-up in my bed in the late-morning. There's this other boogieman that one of my friends calls "The-Silver-Man"; "Silver-Man" for short. "Silver-Man" is dressed like a cowboy, but, in all-silver-color; he likes to stalk people, and, he likes to shot his silver-color-gun. I only had one dream where "The-Silver-Man" was in it; the dream was very weird.

Edited by noun0001

Does Slender Man have any connection to Grinning Man? Or, are they interchangeably the same entity? I've heard a lot of Grinning Man, and I believe I have heard him referred to as Slender Man as well but I can't quite recall.

THey're not connected to my knowledge

However there are similarities.

black suit, appear/disappear, unknown motivations, etc.

• Like 1

THey're not connected to my knowledge

However there are similarities.

black suit, appear/disappear, unknown motivations, etc.

Ah, thank you for clearing that up for me.

• 3 weeks later...

i played the game once..all alone in the dark...and that scared me out of skin....

why the Slender Man is BRILLIANT

1.It proves the weak-mindedness of people who see things and think: "That must be real because it scares me and I like getting scared!"

2. It shows how cryptid legends and urban legends can start clearly and decisivly.

3. It proves how people would rather believe in something fake then think rationally.

These are all idea's based upon independent "sightings" made by people who assumed the man was real, some are very humourous.

Wasn't this the case with the so-called chupacabra: a made up fictional beast whose moniker was later attached to a variety of hairless dog? It's amazing how much traction these things can get.