Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zimmerman trial

docyabut2

Did they find any at his home or did they even look.

Why would they look? Are you trying to blame the victam in this case?

• Like 1

We should trust the police report, since I think that is, what we should truly trust!

Fixed it for you!

They did ask for celarfiction on manslaguhter but Judge Nelson put the Stand your ground law in her instrcuions. When people say this isn't about Stand Your Ground is not telling you the full truth. Also really shouldn't belive a website that states it a consertive website

What sites should I believe? If I find the same info on Huffpo, is that good enough?

Nope, I don't buy the arguement that the Juror in question was robbed of her right to find GZ guilty. If she changed her vote... she changed her vote. If she was convinced somehow, how is that different then if the 3 "innocent" jurors were swung over and found GZ guilty? That is why the jury goes and debates the evidence, so that everyone can be of one mind. If she voted, that Responsibility is on her. Saying she thinks he was guilty later is just pandering to the hatemongers, so she can walk every day in less fear.

• Like 3

Why would they look? Are you trying to blame the victam in this case?

What is wrong with blaming the victim, if it appears the victim is (partly) to blame? Not everyone who is a victim is blameless.

• Like 3

Fixed it for you!

You mean the police report that believed zimmermans story. Your right on that one. Trayvon martin should have opened his door and gone inside. Instead he doubles back to confront zimmerman. Who at that point possed no threat to anyone. If he had gone inside. When the police showed up, all zimmerman could do is say he went in that door. The police would have said goodnight. They would have no reason even to knock on trayvon's door. But, thed drug useing trayvon decided to turn around and confront george. As he had done with a teacher.

• Like 3

I've just read the last four pages (haven't been on this thread in a while). A couple of songs are playing through my head, and I'm not sure which one is most appropriate. So far I've narrowed it down to two: either "

", or "
". Either would be appropriate, it would seem.

And as a somewhat topical (but somehow off-topic) comment:

Everybody needs to watch the old movie 12 Angry Men.

Brilliant film. I studied it at university as part of my course on Movie and Television script writing. It's not the greatest film of all time in terms of production, but the writing is just so clever. The psychology at play is amazing, and I have to say I loved every minute of that film. A perfect example of a well-structured script played out before a camera.
  • Like 3

I've just read the last four pages (haven't been on this thread in a while). A couple of songs are playing through my head, and I'm not sure which one is most appropriate. So far I've narrowed it down to two: either "

", or "
". Either would be appropriate, it would seem.

And as a somewhat topical (but somehow off-topic) comment:

Brilliant film. I studied it at university as part of my course on Movie and Television script writing. It's not the greatest film of all time in terms of production, but the writing is just so clever. The psychology at play is amazing, and I have to say I loved every minute of that film. A perfect example of a well-structured script played out before a camera.

Thanks, now I have that Lamb Chop song stuck in my head! :)

• Like 2

I watched it last night for the first time. It was a good film....just brilliant in so many ways.

Thanks for posting it F355.... :tu:

Re. the Zimmerman trial....I haven't followed it closely but I've got the gist of it...

I saw a clip of the speech Obama made, on the news, a while after the verdict...wow.

He was so emotional and balancing on such a fine line...I'd say that was the most difficult speech (so far) he has had to make as President.

• Like 1

I have to post this. Made me cry as I looked at it...(still a little teary eyed, this story really, REALLY bothers me...):

http://www.inquisitr...acist-media.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Excuse me, I need a Kleenex....

I shared this on my facebook page Kowalski. (Sorry for a little off-topic)

• Like 2

They did ask for celarfiction on manslaguhter but Judge Nelson put the Stand your ground law in her instrcuions. When people say this isn't about Stand Your Ground is not telling you the full truth. Also really shouldn't belive a website that states it a consertive website

First, I've heard there is no "stand your ground" law, from a reliable source. It's "no duty to retreat" law. The "stand your ground" nomenclature is media spin. Second, why is a conservative site less reliable than any other? Imo, it's probably more reliable.

Kowlisky thier was no cough syurp found on him nor was it put in too evidence, so stop posting up internet rumors as evidence Trayvon was a thug. He was found only with skitles and araizona Ice Tea.

If you had read her link, you would know that it was misreported as iced tea by the media, it was actually a watermelon drink, juice or soda, that I don't know.

• Like 2

Saying she thinks he was guilty later is just pandering to the hatemongers, so she can walk every day in less fear.

profound...... :yes:

• Like 2

I can post anything I want. If you don't like the truth, that's just tough. If you even looked at the link I posted you would see Martin was and had been experimenting with "lean" according to his Facebook. He was even asking people where he could get some codeine!

It looks like the more facts come out which upset the view point of certain people, the less they like the freedom of this forum. What was it Capt Amerika said, something like, "the facts are habitually ignored"? Something to that effect I believe...

• Like 2

Hatred loves ignorance

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

I do my best not to hate. I may dislie someone but rarely does it go to hate..

• Like 2

O'Reilly and Trayvon cry for help, Mr. President

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2aOc5932q

I `d have to agree I remember a time in history when there was less crime, as of the families of all americans supervised and protected their children.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

Well if the POTUS were sensible he'd listen to Juan Williams on this, because imo he's absolutely right, but I'm afraid the POTUS will listen to him about as much as the black community (at large) listen to Bill Cosby. :(

• Like 2

I `d have to agree I remember a time in history when there was less crime, as of the families of all americans supervised and protected their children.

I grew up in south Alabama in the 60's and 70's and in a poor home. But I knew right from wrong and if a teacher or neighbor had a complaint about my behavior and made it to my parents..woe betide me... And it was a common circumstance in that region at that time. We've become a much more "progressive" nation now though.... isn't it lovely?
  • Like 3

No, I knew we were in trouble in the 90s. When I bought something at the seven-eleven, the casher made a mistake and had to figure my change in her head. She didn't how to count to a hundred. Being honest I told her the right amount of change. The twist is she was an assistant manager. I was a nice person and didn't say anything to her about it

Yes, I know I have spelling problems, but at least I can spell fist lvl words.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

From the quoted link:

The key for black women is also in the formula – do not have a baby outside of a strong marriage. Over a third [35 percent] of the black women who have children out of wedlock – now tragically more than 70 percent – live in poverty.

By comparison, only 17 percent of black women who are married live in poverty. And black children with both parents at home have a better chance for success, fewer dealings with the police, higher graduation rates and are more likely to marry before they have children.

Marriage and the presence of adults as role models and loving disciplinarians is absolutely critical helping young black men build the self-esteem that puts them in position to make good decisions that lead to the road to success.

Now I'm waiting on the Liberal screams of "Racism!!!!". If the statistics aren't to your liking cry racism and get people to shut up about it.

• Like 2

I shared this on my facebook page Kowalski. (Sorry for a little off-topic)

I'm glad! Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this! Williams hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

I remember a time in history...when it wasn't even necessary for families to supervise and protect their children! I remember a time when we didn't lock our doors at night...and we slept with the windows open...and we never locked our car doors. THAT was freedom. People today think they are free...they aren't...not by a long shot!

• Like 3

I remember a time in history...when it wasn't even necessary for families to supervise and protect their children! I remember a time when we didn't lock our doors at night...and we slept with the windows open...and we never locked our car doors. THAT was freedom. People today think they are free...they aren't...not by a long shot!

When I was a kid (1970s), my parents left the keys in the cars. We used to pick up hitchhikers and ask where they were going and how they doing. The kids used to be able to ride bikes the 10 miles into town, with a handfull of nickles and dimes without worry. We used to say the Pledge of Allegence every day, in school, even the part about "Under God" and no one b****ed about it...

Ahh.... The good old days.

• Like 3

Today, if you punish your child in public. You could end up in jail.

• Like 2

I grew up in the late 40`s and 50`s,one rarely heard of a murder in our town. Moms were home supervising and protecting their children,now we have one million latch kids that, even in the Clinton`s meeting on school shootings the only thing that came out is kids at any age needs a parent at home. I have to agree its a family unit that is needed.I was the that same mom in raising my four kids. I was there at every move they made. :) and if I had to tell their Dad about anything look out! They all thank us today for keeping them out of any trouble and say thanks mom you were always there when we needed you.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3