Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HTC ONE vs Galaxy S 4

Simbi Laveau

So far the only downside I've found with the Galaxy S4 is the sound. Unless you are using an external sound source, it's really not that good.

Plus, I use mine as an alarm clock. I have to put the phone 'face down' on my night stand so that the speaker faces up. Otherwise I can't hear the alarm in the morning and I end up being late for work. (yes, I have forgotten to place it face down a few times so far)

I also have to say, the headphones that came with the S4 are outstanding. They sound incredible. I own a set of Shure E3 in-ear stage monitors that I've had for a while now and the stock Samsung headphones sound better than the E3's to me. The Shure E3's weren't cheap when I bought them either.

Wow. Over here the s4 costs $748 outright. With 1 USD = 1.11 AUD at the moment. We are getting fleece hard.

Well its with my upgrade.

I've had my old phone for two years,so now I can have a new one ,reduced price.

Without the upgrade,its like 570$ or so.

If I get it at sprint ,with upgrade,its 250$ .

At radio shack,which do multiple carriers its 199$ .

So it depends .

So far the only downside I've found with the Galaxy S4 is the sound. Unless you are using an external sound source, it's really not that good.

Plus, I use mine as an alarm clock. I have to put the phone 'face down' on my night stand so that the speaker faces up. Otherwise I can't hear the alarm in the morning and I end up being late for work. (yes, I have forgotten to place it face down a few times so far)

I also have to say, the headphones that came with the S4 are outstanding. They sound incredible. I own a set of Shure E3 in-ear stage monitors that I've had for a while now and the stock Samsung headphones sound better than the E3's to me. The Shure E3's weren't cheap when I bought them either.

This is my one concern ,the sound ...reviews say its not good ,but now that I know how badly the HTC one heats up,I'm afraid of it exploding .

Wow. Over here the s4 costs $748 outright. With 1 USD = 1.11 AUD at the moment. We are getting fleece hard.

We are selling them at $699.99 out right and $199.99 on a three year agreement.

This is my one concern ,the sound ...reviews say its not good ,but now that I know how badly the HTC one heats up,I'm afraid of it exploding .

Like I said before, the brand we get back for repairs the most is HTC. I sell Sony, Samsung, Apple, Motorola & HTC. HTC is the glitchiest phone and the one brand that just stops working for no apparent reason.

• Like 1

Like I said before, the brand we get back for repairs the most is HTC. I sell Sony, Samsung, Apple, Motorola & HTC. HTC is the glitchiest phone and the one brand that just stops working for no apparent reason.

I already ordered the qwerty Bluetooth keyboard for the S 4 . You can use it,not use it . Use it as a stand to watch movies .

:)

I just need the money for the phone. My contract ends today .

http://www.mobilefun.com/39349-go-rock-dual-sound-portable-speakers---black.htm

I see one of these in my future

What do you think of the Galaxy Note II ?

The III is due out Sept 4 .

I'm wondering if that would be a better choice for me ,and should I wait for the G Note III to come out . It's only one more month .

What do you think of the Galaxy Note II ?

The III is due out Sept 4 .

I'm wondering if that would be a better choice for me ,and should I wait for the G Note III to come out . It's only one more month .

If you are more artistically inclined and/or like to watch a lot of videos, the Note is awesome. I know an architect who swears by the Note.

If you are more artistically inclined and/or like to watch a lot of videos, the Note is awesome. I know an architect who swears by the Note.

Mmmm,too many cool choices ....but if I wait for the note 3 to come out,either I will want it,or get the note 2 cheaper.

I watch a lot of stuff on my phone .

There's also an HTC phablet coming out called the T6 . I think they will call it the HTC one maxi or something .

It will also have the metal casing tho ,so it will overheat like the ONE does.

There's also an HTC phablet coming out called the T6 . I think they will call it the HTC one maxi or something .

It will also have the metal casing tho ,so it will overheat like the ONE does.

My daughter needs a new phone. As she is going into highschool, we have been looking at the Samsung 8.0 tablet. She doesn't talk on the phone, just texts. You can put your SIM in the tablet and it acts as your phone as well as having Microsoft applications. She can also download the books she needs fir classes, so she won't be lufging a lit to and from school. I really think for her this is the way to go.

• Like 1

Well its with my upgrade.

I've had my old phone for two years,so now I can have a new one ,reduced price.

Without the upgrade,its like 570$ or so.

If I get it at sprint ,with upgrade,its 250$ .

At radio shack,which do multiple carriers its 199$ .

So it depends .

Oh my mistake. Without the upgrade is that outright price?

We are selling them at $699.99 out right and $199.99 on a three year agreement.

Ah that makes more sense. These days is prefer to buy the phone outright and then purchase a SIM card with no contract which I'm on now. 500mb a month, free texts and $300 of calls for $29 a month no fixed contract.

Ah that makes more sense. These days is prefer to buy the phone outright and then purchase a SIM card with no contract which I'm on now. 500mb a month, free texts and $300 of calls for $29 a month no fixed contract.

Right now we are changing things in Canada. All carriers will have a 2 year maximum contract, and after the contract is up, the phones will be unlocked. Right now if you buy a Bell phone, you can only use it on the Bell network unless you get it unlocked. All carriers are doing this.

As to data, I see it becoming a thing of the past soon. Everywhere you go there is free WiFi. Why pay extra for a feature that you don't need to? I am sitting on my back patio and have a free signal. More and more businesses and some towns/cities are making sure they have free WiFi in order to have more customers/visitors.

Oh my mistake. Without the upgrade is that outright price?

The outright price is over 500usd .

With the upgrade its much less. However,I've discovered that Radio Shack sells them cheaper than that actual carrier outlet .

Radio Shack is an electronics store ,but they sell phones and accessories,for all the major carriers.

All the phones are at least 50$ cheaper than if you buy them at your carriers stores.

The HTC one is 200 at Sprint ,and the S4 is 199 .

At the sprint store ,they were 200$ and 250$ respectively . I will be buying mine at Radio Shack .

Right now we are changing things in Canada. All carriers will have a 2 year maximum contract, and after the contract is up, the phones will be unlocked. Right now if you buy a Bell phone, you can only use it on the Bell network unless you get it unlocked. All carriers are doing this.

As to data, I see it becoming a thing of the past soon. Everywhere you go there is free WiFi. Why pay extra for a feature that you don't need to? I am sitting on my back patio and have a free signal. More and more businesses and some towns/cities are making sure they have free WiFi in order to have more customers/visitors.

Interesting ,here in the USA ,T Mobile just eliminated contracts to buy a new phone . You can buy it whenever you want,no mark up on prices.

They are the only ones though .

BTW ,I've been looking to the Note III leaks ,and it looks amazing.

Like a cross between the Note II and the S4 .

Its being unveiled in Berlin on Sept 4 ,but it may not go on sale until October.

This phone won't last that long .

I'm so bummed . I want it !

Interesting ,here in the USA ,T Mobile just eliminated contracts to buy a new phone . You can buy it whenever you want,no mark up on prices.

They are the only ones though .

BTW ,I've been looking to the Note III leaks ,and it looks amazing.

Like a cross between the Note II and the S4 .

Its being unveiled in Berlin on Sept 4 ,but it may not go on sale until October.

This phone won't last that long .

I'm so bummed . I want it !

Lol. That's what keeps me employed. The newest and best is a must have for so many people. I want the S4 or the Note 3, but, I will wait until I have to get a new phone.

Even most places that offer free wifi I will only switch to their network if my 3G has a very poor connection. I have 7 days left of this bill cycle and I've only just gone over 50% of my Internet usage. Otherwise opening up to find the wireless is a bit of a hassle. Furthermore they generally still have it passworded to limit to patrons only.

The outright price is over 500usd .

With the upgrade its much less. However,I've discovered that Radio Shack sells them cheaper than that actual carrier outlet .

Radio Shack is an electronics store ,but they sell phones and accessories,for all the major carriers.

All the phones are at least 50$ cheaper than if you buy them at your carriers stores.

The HTC one is 200 at Sprint ,and the S4 is 199 .

At the sprint store ,they were 200$ and 250$ respectively . I will be buying mine at Radio Shack .

Whoa that is still incredibly cheap. They aren't locked to any provider as well?

Sounds like the Kogan of the US to me.

That's certainly winning the market. I wonder how much the profit margin is.

Even most places that offer free wifi I will only switch to their network if my 3G has a very poor connection. I have 7 days left of this bill cycle and I've only just gone over 50% of my Internet usage. Otherwise opening up to find the wireless is a bit of a hassle. Furthermore they generally still have it passworded to limit to patrons only.

Really? Only hotels are password protected. Here we have Starbucks, McDonalds, Tim Hortons, Boston Pizza, Wendys, DQ, A&W and a tonne of little restaurants offering free WiFi. I have a Samsung and no problem using it. All the kids I hook up use only WiFi to keep the charges down.

Whoa that is still incredibly cheap. They aren't locked to any provider as well?

Sounds like the Kogan of the US to me.

That's certainly winning the market. I wonder how much the profit margin is.

Theyre locked to the carrier that activates it

Theyre locked to the carrier that activates it

That is what is being changed here in Canada. Should be interesting to see how the companies are going to handle that.

OK , so I got the Galaxy Note 2.

I rrrreeeaaalllyyyyy wanted the 3, but my old phone was not going to last til sept/oct.

I will get many of the upgradez of the software , but the 3GB and snapdragon processor sound so cool.

I got a ghost glass screen protector .Installed Swift key , and ordered mini speakers for when i watch movies etc,but it almost doesnt need them .

Its much louder than my evo was , even with the sound coming out the back .

Its awesome. Thank you guys from talking me out of another htc .

I consdiered rooting it, but im not sure its prudent right now.

Still playing with it.It even has talk to type for japanese . Awesome .