Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Music you are listening to ♪ ♫

Aggie

Splendora - Bee Stung Lips

Posted Today, 07:34 AM

Joc!! That was a killer Blues solo by Slash!!! Thanks for sharing. :yes:

Thanks! I just love that song...and...I just admire the hell out of Slash...I somehow managed to (on a fluke call) win tickets to see Slash last fall at the Dallas House of Blues. We were (standing only on the floor) third from the front...if you have ever seen Slash play live you just have to be totally amazed...he never stops...never slows down...never makes a mistake..(okay I caught one slight...very slight booboo but it was corrected in a nano second and I know noone else even caught it) Sorry to go on and on about the Slasher but the guy is freaking awesome...no he isn't really...freaking awesome is for guitarists like...ahem...john of chillipeppers{whom I love} Slash is beyond awesome...I'll just say it...He is ****ing God on Guitar...yeah I've said that about others...Clapton, Trower, Perry...but I've never seen anyone like Slash...ever. Probably because he tours 24/7/365.

But...anyway..I'll drone on for just one more sentence to tell you that...my arms got tired waving around in the air...so I kicked back during Anastasia...arms crossed, looking bored (wasn't) and at the end of the song...flick...right into my crossed arms...the bass players pick! It's purple!

Totally righteous.

A little off the beaten path here:

No one commands an audience the way Justin Furstenfeld does...no one!

(this is the studio version...the strobe lights on this song are so freaking awesome...but you don't see them in this video...you have to be there live...and yes...it should be on the list of things you MUST do before you die)

[media=]

[/media] Edited by joc
  • Like 1

I have never heard of Blue October before....I like his voice and I really like the song, I will definitely browse youtube to see what else he's got.....any recommendations?

Oh Joc, I've seen Slash live with the Guns n' Roses, Buenos Aires 1992... a night I will never forget! And I absolutely agree...Slash is a guitar god!!

lol

Ok.....last post about Slash, I promise! lol (at 10:00 is when the Godfather theme starts).

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyeIDLPz5-0[/media]

Edited by Aggie
  • Like 1

I have never heard of Blue October before....I like his voice and I really like the song, I will definitely browse youtube to see what else he's got.....any recommendations?

Hate Me, and this one for starters:

• Like 2

but does not sound as good since the last edition...

• Like 1

there seems to be some overlap in this and the song stuck in your head thread, but whatevs. this is what i am listening to right this very second

well, i was. then the song ended as i was writing this sentence. this is happening in real time, people

(P.O.S. - Goodbye)

Edited by patagonianhorsesnake
  • Like 1

I was just working on this song. Work is a strong word, as the mashup basically made itself. No pitch change, and very minimal tempo change. I saw another person do it on YouTube, but their tracks had bad audio quality, so I kind of stole the idea to make a better quality song. It is crazy how well the 2 songs go together, though. I'd never have known:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd4nWayQiT4[/media]

Edited by _Only

...this is what i am listening to right this very second

Oh, the unbelievable potential in hip hop when the lyrics can be conscious works of art, as opposed to infantile bragging of how many women/gangs/guns you have banged.

Patagonian, I don't really like rap but their lyrics are a breath of fresh air!

-Only, you are talented but I was confused....didn't know which song to sing with! lol

...and I HAD to go and listen to Evanescence! lol

• Like 2

Bad religion - The Empire strikes first.

Edited by MrBene
  • Like 2

Oh, the unbelievable potential in hip hop when the lyrics can be conscious works of art, as opposed to infantile bragging of how many women/gangs/guns you have banged.

there's a lot of good stuff coming out of the twin cities, and the upper midwest in general. it's worth checking out!

but what i'm listening to now is something different from that

(Nina Nastasia - Roadkill)

Sorry guys, I still just can't get my head around modern music. Maybe at my age there's no time anyway.

The Guess Who - No Time - Live Toronto 2003

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 2

I love Purple Rain...however...they blocked the video in the USA...copyright issues of some sort with UMPG Publishing.

So....this is a version with Tom Jones singing and David Gilmore (pink floyd) on guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuBGFA_h5Xs

Nice version, Joc, but I like the Prince's version better....his voice has a soft edge to it, feminine in a way that works well with purple rain....Tom Jones is way too manly! LOL

• Like 1

Nice version, Joc, but I like the Prince's version better....his voice has a soft edge to it, feminine in a way that works well with purple rain....Tom Jones is way too manly! LOL

I agree...I went to see the movie when it came out...I was also playing in a cover band and wanted to cover Purple Rain but no one else was into it...

• Like 1