Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

pet tales

danielost

First it is joyful that she didn't get run over. I don't know if she is fixed maybe. If she isn't she may be spending time with the bully or the black tom cat.

• Like 1

First it is joyful that she didn't get run over. I don't know if she is fixed maybe. If she isn't she may be spending time with the bully or the black tom cat.

Both her and her brother were fixed over a year ago... She turned up an hour ago ( just before midnight ) she was starving, so I gave her extra food.. She doesn't look hurt or anything, so I don't know what she was doing to keep her away for the entire day? ..

Right now as I post, she is tapping my leg, I think she wants more food, well, she can think again, I have given her extra, I was glad to see her on the kitchen window ledge.. I guess if anything bad had of happened to her, her brother would have acted strangely....

He did this before when she was a bit younger, she had climbed up a big tree out our back yard and was looking to get down again... Wallie came over to us and meowed loudly, and as he did this, he was leading us down the garden over to the tree, he kept stopping and turning to see if we will follow him? We got down to the tree and there she was crying looking down.. He went up the tree to her.. It was touching, he was looking us to help his sister down...Gary got his ladders out and eventually helped her down... Wasn't long before she went back up * shakes head * lol

• Like 1

When I was seven we had a cat and dog. They were always getting into fights. One day a german sheperd jumped my dog, the cat came running an jumped right into the middle of the fight. The shepred was soon running down the street tail between his legs.

My dog was just a mut.

• Like 1

When I was seven we had a cat and dog. They were always getting into fights. One day a german sheperd jumped my dog, the cat came running an jumped right into the middle of the fight. The shepred was soon running down the street tail between his legs.

My dog was just a mut.

They were raised together, that is why they stand up for one and other... They don't look at each other as being different...

Mongrel dogs ( some call mix breeds ) are often looked upon as being rather smart... Some dog lovers would say the mongrel is a better dog...

I have a dog called Captain Jack Daniel Harkness. He barks at the rain and thunder, not really sure why. He also lets the cat beat him up on a regular basis

• Like 1

He is scared of the thunder or it is hitting the correct tone where he has no choice but to join in.

My aunts 1 year old puppy loves to hump on peoples legs. That horny b**** lol

Years ago when I was married, we had a cat named Taco (my wife named her cats for the first thing they ate that they shouldn't)... Our hall closet did not have a door, but had a bead curtain covering it.. .Inside dwelt the dreaded vacuum monster...

Taco would run away every time we turned the monster on... Often though when the monster was in its den sleeping, Taco wouold creep up on it, pounce on top and begin tearing at it while hissing, then walk away like he was king of the world....

• Like 3

Years ago when I was married, we had a cat named Taco (my wife named her cats for the first thing they ate that they shouldn't)... Our hall closet did not have a door, but had a bead curtain covering it.. .Inside dwelt the dreaded vacuum monster...

Taco would run away every time we turned the monster on... Often though when the monster was in its den sleeping, Taco wouold creep up on it, pounce on top and begin tearing at it while hissing, then walk away like he was king of the world....

Did Taco wear a *bell* on his collar? lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Did Taco wear a *bell* on his collar? lol

Actually... Yes... My ex thought it was 'fitting'... Our next cat was named "Beanie"... He's the one who had the tip of his nose eaten off by a preying mantis...

Actually... Yes... My ex thought it was 'fitting'... Our next cat was named "Beanie"... He's the one who had the tip of his nose eaten off by a preying mantis...

Ohhhh nasty !!

I thought I had told the tale of the mantis on here before... Well - if so I'll inflict it upon you again.... :devil:

Beanie the cat had a bad habit of bringing in critters - usually slugs, and other 'disgusting' insects... He would play with them until he got bored and then just walk away

after which my wife would tell me to get rid of the 'nasty bug' (like I wanted to touch it! :wacko: )

One fine bright summer day while my wife was taking a shower, Beanie brought in the largest praying Mantis it has ever been my pleasure to see (I don't find them disgusting - I think they are cool)...

He dropped it off - very much alive and very much NOT amused in the middle of the kitchen floor... Beanie walked around it and occasionally would bat at it and then walk around it some more...

All the while the mantis just stood there, swiveling its head to follow the large pure white cat... Finally The mantis decided that it had had about enough of this tom(cat) foolery and suddenly leapt

at the cat... The mantis grabbed the startled cat by his whiskers and proceeded to chow down on his nose while fluttering its large wings in the cats face...

The cat screamed (I've never heard a cat make that particular noise before) and started running blindly through the house with the still PO'd mantis trying to eat it's way to Beanie's tail through his face...

My wife - having heard her precious baby screaming (and thinking I must have done something to him) charged out of the shower - naked except for a towel wrapped around her hair... She saw what was happening

grabbed a straw broom and ran after the cat whacking him with the broom as she tried to smash the apparently VERY hungry mantis - but only managing to bonk the cat - repeatedly...

The poor cat started yowling AND screaming, pooping as he ran and knocking things over, while my wet, naked (slightly plump perhaps) wife slipped and slid after him rapidly whacking "her baby"...

I did the only thing I could think of... I fell on the floor laughing so hard my sides hurt... They quickly hurt worse as my wife took the broom to me...

At long last (perhaps 15 minutes of this) the cats whiskers broke off and the mantis was thrown clear... Beanie ran into the closet (where the hated "vacuum monster" was asleep) and hid behind it..

It took a few hours to coax him back out and for the rest of the time we had him (a bit over two years) he had a sizable chunk missing out of the tip of his nose... But he never brought an insect in the house

again...

what happened to the mantis?... I refused to let my wife kill it.. We were in Japan and the mosquito is the national bird (or at least it seems that way) the mantis disappeared into the bedroom closet -

and stayed in the house... a few weeks later we were inundated with baby mantis' - the Nose eating monster was a momma of hundreds of the tiny things... We managed to get almost all of the babies outside

but we never had problems with mosquitoes...

Edited by Taun

I thought I had told the tale of the mantis on here before... Well - if so I'll inflict it upon you again.... :devil:

Beanie the cat had a bad habit of bringing in critters - usually slugs, and other 'disgusting' insects... He would play with them until he got bored and then just walk away

after which my wife would tell me to get rid of the 'nasty bug' (like I wanted to touch it! :wacko: )

One fine bright summer day while my wife was taking a shower, Beanie brought in the largest praying Mantis it has ever been my pleasure to see (I don't find them disgusting - I think they are cool)...

He dropped it off - very much alive and very much NOT amused in the middle of the kitchen floor... Beanie walked around it and occasionally would bat at it and then walk around it some more...

All the while the mantis just stood there, swiveling its head to follow the large pure white cat... Finally The mantis decided that it had had about enough of this tom(cat) foolery and suddenly leapt

at the cat... The mantis grabbed the startled cat by his whiskers and proceeded to chow down on his nose while fluttering its large wings in the cats face...

The cat screamed (I've never heard a cat make that particular noise before) and started running blindly through the house with the still PO'd mantis trying to eat it's way to Beanie's tail through his face...

My wife - having heard her precious baby screaming (and thinking I must have done something to him) charged out of the shower - naked except for a towel wrapped around her hair... She saw what was happening

grabbed a straw broom and ran after the cat whacking him with the broom as she tried to smash the apparently VERY hungry mantis - but only managing to bonk the cat - repeatedly...

The poor cat started yowling AND screaming, pooping as he ran and knocking things over, while my wet, naked (slightly plump perhaps) wife slipped and slid after him rapidly whacking "her baby"...

I did the only thing I could think of... I fell on the floor laughing so hard my sides hurt... They quickly hurt worse as my wife took the broom to me...

At long last (perhaps 15 minutes of this) the cats whiskers broke off and the mantis was thrown clear... Beanie ran into the closet (where the hated "vacuum monster" was asleep) and hid behind it..

It took a few hours to coax him back out and for the rest of the time we had him (a bit over two years) he had a sizable chunk missing out of the tip of his nose... But he never brought an insect in the house

again...

what happened to the mantis?... I refused to let my wife kill it.. We were in Japan and the mosquito is the national bird (or at least it seems that way) the mantis disappeared into the bedroom closet -

and stayed in the house... a few weeks later we were inundated with baby mantis' - the Nose eating monster was a momma of hundreds of the tiny things... We managed to get almost all of the babies outside

but we never had problems with mosquitoes...

At least the cat learned something.

• Like 1