Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NSA is giving your phone records to the DEA

questionmark

The lack of terrorist attacks on a massive scale in our country indicates they're doing fine

That shows more a lack of the capabilities of the terrorists than of the performance of the NSA . If they actually did their job the terrorists would be where they are supposed to be: in jail.

• Like 2

So it's necessary to have a vast apparatus of state to Protect everyone, and the fact that this vast apparatus never seems to actually accomplish anything (e.g. by catching any Terrorists) is because they're doing their job so well? They didn't seem to pick up Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, did they, more's the pity.

After they were warned by Russia, and had been watching the two for months. But yeah, OTHER THAN THAT they're doing a fantastic job

• Like 4

given that we haven't had another 9/11 since 9/11, I'd say that meas that they have gotten better at their jobs.

The lack of terrorist attacks on a massive scale in our country indicates they're doing fine

LOL... Sorry. I find your naivety amusing.....

• Like 1

United States Secure Communication: Uh... base... we detect that there are numerous children in the strike target.

Leader to Heavy One: Abort Mission, I say again, Abort Mission.

Rodger... aborting mission.

--------------------------------------------------------

Al-Qaeda Communication to suicide bomber's: There are children there? Blow them all up.

State of denial? Heck, I deny that it exists! ;-)

My bet is that some posters here will deny that Colin Powell hand-carried a check from the US government to the Taliban in April 2001 for its great cooperation in the war on drugs. Through strict application of Sharia Law, they had reduced the output of poppies and opium in Afghanistan to ZERO. Big photo op, Colin and the boys, celebrating huge success in Afghanistan's front of the WOD.

Trouble was those in the Cocaine Importing Agency who played the game were hurting, as far as the opium business went. 6 months later we invade the country, and about a year or so after that invasion, Afghanistan opium production leads the world.

So...in your world... the NSA are giving the DEA secret information to bust the CIA?

United States Secure Communication: Uh... base... we detect that there are numerous children in the strike target.

Al-Qaeda Communication to suicide bomber's: There are children there? Blow them all up.

LMAO! Maybe you haven't seen pictures of the all children killed by drone strikes... I won't post the pictures on here, not only does it go against the board rules, but it's just to heartbreaking to look at...

Our government has no promblem with harming children or killing them. They do it everyday, by using CPS to take children from parents for no reason, so pyschological damage doesn't bother them, either. Pyschotic scum....

• Like 2

Are they so good that they can spare the time from their constant vigilance to eavesdrop on everybody, and snitch on them to the law Enforcement if they spot any Wrongdoing,

Whom is this everybody of which you speak?

Buried deep within the Reuter's articles, you'll note that the NSA only passes on information from conversations which occur with parties of interest outside of the United States.

It's not like they're listening in to the average American's conversations with their local drug dealer.

LOL... Sorry. I find your naivety amusing.....

no problem, i find you misplaced sense of superiority to have a similar effect

So it's necessary to have a vast apparatus of state to Protect everyone, and the fact that this vast apparatus never seems to actually accomplish anything (e.g. by catching any Terrorists) is because they're doing their job so well? They didn't seem to pick up Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, did they, more's the pity.

So would you rather not have the state attempting to protect from terrorism? Theres plenty of people in Guantanamo or the dozens of secret prisons around the world.

as for the Tsarnevs, I said mass attacks.

Whenever would United States Secure Communication be likely to say that? I'm afraid that's Hollywood romanticisation, I doubt that any military force would be likely to abandon a mission on those grounds.

"Whoever you kill, call them the Enemy" is usually the approach taken.

• Like 1

So would you rather not have the state attempting to protect from terrorism? Theres plenty of people in Guantanamo or the dozens of secret prisons around the world.

as for the Tsarnevs, I said mass attacks.

i don't know if you haven't been listening to what I've been saying, but that is what i've been saying, that they should be concentrating on that rather than diverting time & effort just snitching on people for anything they may have done that may have broken the law.

• Like 1

So would you rather not have the state attempting to protect from terrorism?

yes, their attempts fail, starting from 911, ending with Boston, and failed 34st bombing in between, the only reason it failed it cuz the guy cold not do it right, not cuz anyone stopped it before.

was it thousands of cops that found Boston bomber, after locking down entire city or two??? no, they failed at that too. but they sure were happy to search ppl on the street.

de nile ain't just a river in egypt

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

you'll find that a cute saying at the end of something does little to convince anybody to change their mindset.

They did find the bombers of course.

as for the boston thing itself, it was done by two american citizens who weren't all that good at what they were trying to do.

I'm talking big picture here, having someone in place like the NSA is better than just letting things go unwatched.

Why wouldn't they search people on the streets?

i don't know if you haven't been listening to what I've been saying, but that is what i've been saying, that they should be concentrating on that rather than diverting time & effort just snitching on people for anything they may have done that may have broken the law.

If they come across someone breaking the law, and pass it along, I don't see a problem with it.

how many man hours could it take to shoot an email to the DEA offices saying "hey, came across this, thought you'd appreciate it, bring the fruitcake to the christmas party"

If they come across someone breaking the law, and pass it along, I don't see a problem with it.

The problem is that it's against the Constitution, and American citizens rights...

bfquote.jpg

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." -- Edmund Burke

• Like 1

I disagree. If I kill somebody and get away with it, I have committed a felony, and that makes me a felon. Or do you hold otherwise?

My old Webster's says "One who has perpetrated a felony."

I can't believe people are arguing over such a simple meaning of words. Perhaps it's because they would rather not deal with the fact that half the federal government is comprised of UNconvicted felons.

Unconvicted (Not really a proper word) = being in jail, awaiting trial or a jury verdict, but not having been found guilty yet.

Convicted = prisoner in prison, you know, doing hard time. That's when you become a felon.

Although you may find some sources that say unconvicted, I think they are using the term incorrectly.

Why is it that when I type unconvicted here, I get a red squiggly line underneath it?

To me unconvicted would mean one without conviction.

Just my opinion........

The problem is that it's against the Constitution, and American citizens rights...

bfquote.jpg

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." -- Edmund Burke

The constitution was written over 200 years ago. As a species we either adapt or we die, countries are the same

It's not limited to terrorists. They spy on all kinds of *possible* criminals. Look at the articles on the alphabet agencies communicating with one another. The feds pass intercepted information on to state and local authorities.