Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk Hyperloop Train: ET Technology?

Tau Ceti Xeta

Understatement of the year. 4,000 Miles Per Hour? So what???

Space shuttle max velocity: 17,500 miles per hour.

Pssst......the SR-71 Blackbird only went 2,200 Miles Per Hour !

At that speed the windows got hot just traveling through the atmosphere that fast.

What you seem not to understand (even though it is VERY basic) is that the whole idea is to remove drag by having the carriages travel in vacuum. Do you even understand the concept at all? Frankly, you don't give that impression.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Now I found what it was ...and it was started in the 19th century

so balls to your alien tech fantasy

Pneumatic tubes (or capsule pipelines; also known as Pneumatic Tube Transport or PTT) are systems in which cylindrical containers are propelled through a network of tubes by compressed air or by partial vacuum. They are used for transporting solid objects, as opposed to conventional pipelines, which transport fluids. Pneumatic tube networks gained great prominence in the late 19th and early 20th century for businesses or administrations that needed to transport small but urgent packages (such as mail or money) over relatively short distances (within a building, or, at most, within a city). Some of these systems grew to great complexity, but they were eventually superseded by more modern methods of communication and courier transport, and are now much rarer than before. However, in some settings, such as hospitals, they remain of great use, and have been extended and developed further technologically in recent decades.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.../Pneumatic_tube

Yes, we got the basic concept back then.

However, if you wish travel faster than the speed of sound then you are going to need a little help in order

to do it safely.

Question: How many G-Force levels can you be comfortable with?

I have a hard time with a rollercoaster. It doesn't go 4,000 Miles Per Hour!

Space shuttle max velocity: 17,500 miles per hour.

What you seem not to understand (even though it is VERY basic) is that the whole idea is to remove drag by having the carriages travel in vacuum. Do you even understand the concept at all? Frankly, you don't give that impression.

Cheers,

Badeskov

You don't see any G-Force problems?

Speeding up from Zero.........then to 4,000 MPH.........then slowing to comfortable stop?

Yes, we got the basic concept back then.

However, if you wish travel faster than the speed of sound then you are going to need a little help in order

to do it safely.

Question: How many G-Force levels can you be comfortable with?

I have a hard time with a rollercoaster. It doesn't go 4,000 Miles Per Hour!

as this has nothing to do with the forum you have posted it in, Im not responding further. Im here for UFO/ET stories, not stuff that I saw and witnessed when I was a kid, in a shoe shop.

yawn

• Like 1

You don't see any G-Force problems?

Speeding up from Zero.........then to 4,000 MPH.........then slowing to comfortable stop?

Frankly, no I do not. This is meant for long distance travel and not for going to see your mum 50 miles away. So you can easily accelerate without imposing any uncomfortable g-forces.

Cheers,

Badeskov

as this has nothing to do with the forum you have posted it in, Im not responding further. Im here for UFO/ET stories, not stuff that I saw and witnessed when I was a kid, in a shoe shop.

yawn

Well, you appear to be failing.

Where is Phantasia? She could help bail you out.

I guess she is on summer vacation. Disneyworld?

Anyway, keep a close eye on the ET3 website. This company is the new Facebook!

Frankly, no I do not. This is meant for long distance travel and not for going to see your mum 50 miles away. So you can easily accelerate without imposing any uncomfortable g-forces.

Cheers,

Badeskov

If you want this thing to go 4,000 Miles Per Hour, they better install an - Inertia Dampening System -.

If you watch this company closely, you will see them do a quick switch.

MAG- LEV will be removed and replaced with GRAV - LEV.

It's 1,000 times better, smaller and cheaper. WIN - WIN - WIN Scenario!

Shareholders shall rejoice!

Well, you appear to be failing.

Where is Phantasia? She could help bail you out.

I guess she is on summer vacation. Disneyworld?

Anyway, keep a close eye on the ET3 website. This company is the new Facebook!

failing? At what? And whats phantasia got to do with anything?

• Like 2

They are saying that the multi - tube hyperloop will be installed between the lanes on Interstate 40. That should expedite the 1st installation.

That makes even less sense. Would the train be for all the folks that want to go from Barstow to Flagstaff? It would be a two hour drive from LA just to get the train - I could be halfway to Chicago or pretty much anywhere on the west coast in that amount of time by jet.

I read yesterday that the turning radius on one of these things would be about 40 miles - take a look at I-40, not exactly a straight shot.

Not to mention, the amount of energy required to maintain a vacuum along the length of the tube. And what about safety. Passengers cant' exactly evacuate into an airless environment.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

failing? At what? And whats phantasia got to do with anything?

Name calling stopped working on me when i was 11 years old. :yes:

Nice try though. :tu:

If you want this thing to go 4,000 Miles Per Hour, they better install an - Inertia Dampening System -.

Please explain why this would be required.

If you watch this company closely, you will see them do a quick switch.

MAG- LEV will be removed and replaced with GRAV - LEV.

It's 1,000 times better, smaller and cheaper. WIN - WIN - WIN Scenario!

Shareholders shall rejoice!

Your imagination is running rampant.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

That makes even less sense. Would the train be for all the folks that want to go from Barstow to Flagstaff? It would be a two hour drive from LA just to get the train - I could be halfway to Chicago or pretty much anywhere on the west coast in that amount of time by jet.

I read yesterday that the turning radius on one of these things would be about 40 miles - take a look at I-40, not exactly a straight shot.

Yes, that's it! Flagstaff ------------------------------Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

It could be used for movement of services and goods.

We would still need the 18 Wheelers at the end of the run . Deliver goods the last mile.

The biggest profit motive. --- No Fuel Consumed ---

The incredible speed is just a bonus.

Once you get to Flagstaff,AZ, then stop and shoot the transport to Scottsdale,AZ.

Once we get the bugs worked out then shoot the hyperloop everywhere.

Edited by Tau Ceti Xeta

Name calling stopped working on me when i was 11 years old. :yes:

Nice try though. :tu:

Name calling? I simply posted a picture.

Now, tell me a little more about the Lake you found on Mars, pls? Then when you do, explain why I should ever consider you smart enough to take your posts seriously?

• Like 2

Please explain why this would be required.

Your imagination is running rampant.

Cheers,

Badeskov

They have MAG-LEV trains in Japan. They work but GRAV-LEV is much better.

We have been dragging our feet on purpose. This hyperloop is the correct step forward.

Welcome to August 2013 ! We finally made it.

Yes, that's it!

It could be used for movement of services and goods.

The biggest profit motive. --- No Fuel Consumed ---

The incredible speed is just a bonus.

Once you get to Flagstaff,AZ, then stop and shoot the transport to Scottsdale,AZ.

Once we get the bugs worked out then shoot the hyperloop everywhere.

You try and maintain a vacuum in a tube that size over several hundred miles and tell me "no fuel is consumed"

• Like 3

They have MAG-LEV trains in Japan.

Yes, they do, but not in vacuum tubes.

They work but GRAV-LEV is much better.

Please explain what that is exactly.

We have been dragging our feet on purpose.

Not exactly.

This hyperloop is the correct step forward.

How so? The idea has been there for many years, lets see it implemented before we call it a step forward, shall we?

Welcome to August 2013 ! We finally made it.

Made what?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

You try and maintain a vacuum in a tube that size over several hundred miles and tell me "no fuel is consumed"

It's easy to make the value proposition when you look at the diesel fuel consumed by 18 wheelers.

The trucks are also very slow ....60 MPH.

Elon already explained that the vacuum aux equipment will be powered by solar panels that are on top

of the tube system. - That could work! -

Edited by Tau Ceti Xeta

Heck, my local grocery story (VONS) was still using that concept until they closed down a few years back.

Cheers,

Badeskov

My local hospital and they still use that technology. When blood samples for testing are taken from a patient, the doc puts it in a receptacle with instructions for the tests to be done, puts it into a vacuum tube and it whooshes all the way to the laboratory (which is in a different building) for the lab technicians there to do the tests.

I worked in the IT dept. of that hospital and our offices were right above the lab, we were always down there because they had a printer that was always getting jammed. When you were there, every few minutes there'd be a 'thunk' as a new sample arrived for testing.

• Like 3

My local hospital and they still use that technology. When blood samples for testing are taken from a patient, the doc puts it in a receptacle with instructions for the tests to be done, puts it into a vacuum tube and it whooshes all the way to the laboratory (which is in a different building) for the lab technicians there to do the tests.

I worked in the IT dept. of that hospital and our offices were right above the lab, we were always down there because they had a printer that was always getting jammed. When you were there, every few minutes there'd be a 'thunk' as a new sample arrived for testing.

Yes, that system works but if you want to go 4,000 Miles Per Hour then you need to install a few more bells & whistles

to make the ride fun & safe. :tu:

It shouldn't be a problem. This exact same system is already being used on other planets.

We are just copying them.

Edited by Tau Ceti Xeta

Yes, that system works but if you want to go 4,000 Miles Per Hour then you need to install a few more bells & whistles

It shouldn't be a problem. This exact same system is already being used on other planets.

4000 miles an hour?

So, I spose all the ticket buyers will willingly wear anti g force pressure suits too? Or will they need to own one before travel? OH...the train guys will let them borrow one will they? so that rules out all but the fittest for travel, doesn't it?

A g-suit, or the more accurately named anti-g suit, is a flight suit worn by aviators and astronauts who are subject to high levels of acceleration force (g). It is designed to prevent a black-out and g-LOC (g-induced Loss Of Consciousness) caused by the blood pooling in the lower part of the body when under acceleration, thus depriving the brain of blood.[1] Black-out and g-LOC has caused a number of fatal aircraft accidents.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-suit

220px-Anti-G_Suit_MSF830.jpg

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Not to mention, the amount of energy required to maintain a vacuum along the length of the tube. And what about safety. Passengers cant' exactly evacuate into an airless environment.

A great first run would be from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma ......................to...................Flagstaff,AZ.

Make the high speed tube vehicles out of Aluminia Ceramic. A company in Colorado makes it. Coors

All of these solutions appear to be coming from Colorado. What is going on there???

http://www.coorstek....mina_ad-995.php

It looks like this idea has been around for awhile.

See Rand Corporation:

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/papers/2008/P4874.pdf

Also Click on Research Areas. The Rand Corporation appears to be active in MANY areas!

http://www.rand.org

Edited by Tau Ceti Xeta

Copying them? We had it in the 19th century. you know, just for shoe shops and grocery stores :tu:

• Like 1

A great first run would be from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma ......................to...................Flagstaff,AZ.

Make the high speed tube vehicles out of Aluminia Ceramic. A company in Colorado makes it. Coors

they're going to make them out of beer cans?

• Like 1

they're going to make them out of beer cans?

Aluminium Ceramic

Very strong material with many applications.

It's very similar to AlON from the Surmet Corporation.

AlON however is transparent Aluminium Ceramic. It's great for windows. :tu: