Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Found on Documentary

zoser

Ironically I was watching the youtube documentary about Soviet UFOLOGY and spotted one myself.

Here is the documentary; just copy and paste it into the youtube browser. If you have the correct clip it is 39:03 long.

Declassified UFO Documents from the CIA Archives [FULL VIDEO]

The exciting bit happens at 7:18 when a saucer shaped object appears and disappears behind the two guys who are apparently digging at Tunguska.

UFO1_zps7af60cdd.jpg

UFO3_zpsd87ad783.jpg

Enlarged:

UFO2_zpsc738f78e.jpg

Maybe some of you image wizards can do more with the enhancing?

Z

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

It doesn't need enhancing. Its clearly an alien saucer overlooking the works below, having just swooped down and mutilated a few cows, and then abducted an entire family for experimenting on

• Like 4

It doesn't need enhancing. Its clearly an alien saucer overlooking the works below, having just swooped down and mutilated a few cows, and then abducted an entire family for experimenting on

Interesting hypothesis :blush:

• Like 1

Just looking for similar shaped objects. The obvious one that comes to mind is the famous:

UFO.jpg

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

Nice pics Zoser, but it doesn't mean they are 'E.T in craft'. They look like saucers, agreed, but the story just doesn't add up. Unbelievable as it may seem, a metallic-looking giant bug is a better fit overall. I don't blame people for thinking this hypothesis is too crazy to contemplate, it *is* quite crazy I agree, but a better fit than super-intelligent aliens flying around in advanced technology craft.

• Like 1

Nice pics Zoser, but it doesn't mean they are 'E.T in craft'. They look like saucers, agreed, but the story just doesn't add up. Unbelievable as it may seem, a metallic-looking giant bug is a better fit overall. I don't blame people for thinking this hypothesis is too crazy to contemplate, it *is* quite crazy I agree, but a better fit than super-intelligent aliens flying around in advanced technology craft.

Can't argue with that NB.

It sure is damn curious though. The only two things of note are it's shape and speed. It was difficult to freeze frame and so appeared to be moving very quickly.

• Like 1

OK just finished watching the doc so I thought I would have a go at some more enlargements:

UFO4_zpsa04bd940.jpg

UFO5_zps3411f291.jpg

Two distinguishable straight rims, one approximately in the middle and one at the bottom.

Edited by zoser

Crete UFO showing the light reflection in roughly the same part of the object:

UFO8_zps77d2b028.jpg

The shape in the video looks like a bird to me, it's indistinct due to the quality and pixellation of the footage.

• Like 1

OK just finished watching the doc so I thought I would have a go at some more enlargements:

Two distinguishable straight rims, one approximately in the middle and one at the bottom.

:lol: ha zoser... so youre looking at grainy old black and white film, which has been used in a TV programme, which someone recorded and compressed for youtube, and you think it has enough clarity to do some enhancements on. Oh boy, You're a killer - you really are

The entire clip of that black and white film is full of film anomalies, I saw a half dozen white things looking like they were flying over the shot of the felled trees, and that black blob or one like it, appears in other shots too

Watch again and that black blob appears and vanishes in a couple of frames to the guy on the lefts, head.

hahaha... I think you're trying to analyze a film reel scratch or general dirt on the film. At best, its a plane or bird. But my moneys on the scratches and blobs that old film has on it anyway :w00t:

Ive got a few shots out of my window which had a bit of bird crap on, funny enough at first glance it looks like a crescent shaped ufo, you can analyze that for me too if you like :w00t:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

The entire clip of that black and white film is full of film anomalies, I saw a half dozen white things looking like they were flying over the shot of the felled trees, and that black blob or one like it, appears in other shots too

You show me yours and I'll show you mine as they say.

Seeing is believing. The balls in your court as always.

• Like 1

You show me yours and I'll show you mine as they say.

Seeing is believing. The balls in your court as always.

Go to YT and choose any old genuine footage from the world wars, it should be black and white BTW, and watch it. You will see all kinds of blips and blobs and lines and grains on the 'old' film stock. Though some rare films have been cleaned up to an extent, but you 'know' what I mean dont you?

Well its either that or something else..

• Like 1

How many ufos in this pic?

stock-footage-old-mm-black-and-white-film-view-from-the-observation-tower-scratches-and-film-grain-each-frame.jpg

And a UFO in South Asia?

on-shima-center.jpg

click for the vid of the above, but the story isnt about ufo's at all. Its just a film anomaly id expect given the age of the footage

http://www.saadigita...le/20111024-421

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

How many ufos in this pic?

stock-footage-old-mm-black-and-white-film-view-from-the-observation-tower-scratches-and-film-grain-each-frame.jpg

And a UFO in South Asia?

click for the vid of the above, but the story isnt about ufo's at all. Its just a film anomaly id expect given the age of the footage

Nowhere near the same shape and clarity.

Remember you thought that the Greeks constructed precision granite walls but you never could prove it?

Remember you thought that lightning scars were the same as serrated incisions on cows?

This is a bit like that.

Go to YT and choose any old genuine footage from the world wars, it should be black and white BTW, and watch it. You will see all kinds of blips and blobs and lines and grains on the 'old' film stock. Though some rare films have been cleaned up to an extent, but you 'know' what I mean dont you?

Well its either that or something else..

For the record the image in the OP is very clearly the classic saucer shape. It has what appear to be straightish lines, one across the mid section and one at the bottom (see enlargements).

I don't know what it is. However it doesn't look like the random shapes in your images. Thanks for trying though.

Edited by zoser

Can't argue with that NB.

It sure is damn curious though. The only two things of note are it's shape and speed. It was difficult to freeze frame and so appeared to be moving very quickly.

Also, which direction are they traveling in. There's a similar photo of a UFO which appears to have wings out the back. It's much the same shape, with the bulbous end being the front. Maybe they fly more slowly with their head-up and big wings out? It was on a Discovery program, The Frederick Valentich Disappearance. Highly recommended to get the full picture of where this UFO photo fits into the story.

post-94765-0-79965500-1376599254_thumb.j

post-94765-0-90628600-1376599274_thumb.p

post-94765-0-24497900-1376599302_thumb.j

Edited by NatureBoff

Also, which direction are they traveling in. There's a similar photo of a UFO which appears to have wings out the back. It's much the same shape, with the bulbous end being the front. Maybe they fly more slowly with their head-up and big wings out? It was on a Discovery program, The Frederick Valentich Disappearance. Highly recommended to get the full picture of where this UFO photo fits into the story.

Nice find. Again I have no idea what this is.

• Like 1

great find zoser :D seeder is only trying to look cool ! dont mind him :D just tell him he is right ! and he ll smile and walk away :'D. and he ll tell all his friends that he did it again ! solved a mystery ! hahahaha :D

• Like 1

great find zoser :D seeder is only trying to look cool ! dont mind him :D just tell him he is right ! and he ll smile and walk away :'D. and he ll tell all his friends that he did it again ! solved a mystery ! hahahaha :D

Seeders a decent chap. Just no need for the personal bits.

Thanks anyway.

:D

• Like 1

Nope Im afraid youre wrong. Looking cool was something I did in my 20's, a long time ago now. And its not a case of chalking up successes. However zoser has never posted anything yet that's been mind blowing or undebunkable. Nor has anyone else really. Im here like everyone else to read posts on the ufo/et subject. But ...well there isnt much quality evidence now is there?

But at least I do spend time looking into others claims and their sources...because I DO WANT TO KNOW. Its just that when I do that, many tales fall apart rapidly..

• Like 1

Just a reminder, if you do not like reading another member's posts, you do have the option to 'Ignore' them from your control panel.

• Like 1

UFO4_zpsa04bd940.jpg

UFO5_zps3411f291.jpg

Word of warning. Be very wary about blowing up photos or video stills like this. The pics above give misleading impressions in 2 ways.

1. Blowing up an image using the default settings of lots of software results in the image being smoothed out to hide the pixellation that would otherwise be very obvious in an image being shown way above its native resolution.

2. The image is from a YouTube video. It has been subject to lossy compression. Objects against plain backgrounds like this object here typically do not fare well when compressed using JPEG or MPEG compression. The photo or frame gets chopped into 8x8 segments which are altered in order to make the image as a whole more compressible. The result is that small objects like UFOs against a plain sky in video or photos are sometimes very misleading as to what the object actually looked like.

This is a good example of that. The footage on YouTube is 360p resolution. Higher resolution probably wouldn't help the quality as it's old poor quality video footage. but it does mean that the object in question when the video is displayed at a 1:1 pixel mapping, the object has a resolution of about 20x25 pixels. When zooming in without any sort of image smoothing algorithms, you can see that there really is a significant lack of detail and that the 8x8 blocking of notably compressed video or photos that I mentioned above is significant. It's also worth noting that the "flat" edge at the bottom is clearly the result of the same 8x8 blocking as the "straight" line you can see is at the edge of one of the 8x8 blocks.

TL;DR version - be wary of heavily zoomed in photos or video stills that have been through the digital mincing machine of JPEG/MPEG compression, resizing with bilinear or bicubic or other resampling algorithms designed to smooth out ugly pixellation. People who don't understand these issues tend to see things that aren't really there as they're looking at artifacts (8x8 blocking and artificial smoothness). The irony is that on the other hand people will jump to claims of "fake!" thinking that the 8x8 blocking is caused by photoshopping something into an image.

This is what you really get when you zoom in 1000% so you can see the actual original pixellation of what a video still at that point in the video looks like in it's detail:

aq7g.png

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 5

On the OP, to me honestly looks like an airplane or potenitially a bird. I'm not all on the up and up on filmography, expecially the vintage stuff but the same rules apply as in photography...Composition and depth of field.

What i see in the the frame captures provided is a camera close to its subjects while the subject to distance is quite far. Keeping this as easy on the reading eyes as i can...when you have a greater subject to distance things in the background tend to get exaggerated, eg. a bird and look like an airplane and an airplane at the right angle can look like an unidentifyable object. Other things such as film quality, camera quality and the cameras FPS can play a large role also. Just my little ol opinion :tu:

• Like 2

There is a real UFO in a episode of the twilight zone when the old man and his dog are walking down the dirt road in the opening sceen if you look behinde them in the air you can see it they hunt raccoons and the guy dies trying to save his dog

There is a real UFO in a episode of the twilight zone when the old man and his dog are walking down the dirt road in the opening sceen if you look behinde them in the air you can see it they hunt raccoons and the guy dies trying to save his dog

Would be interested to see said clip personally.