Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bulgaria UFO video surfaces online

Nice work, synchronomy! And that brings it back to my original point - the 'sphere' shape had absolutely nothing to do with the shape of the thing being imaged - the shape of ISS cannot possibly be resolved in any normal camera - it takes a very high quality telescope to do that..

Having said that, check out the work of Thierry Legault.. Talk about being in the right place at the right time, but it has nothing to do with luck.. :D

For those not into imaging, "bokeh" is a Japanese term that refers to how a lens shows an out-of-focus point of light. It will be as a diffuse circle, but its brightness can be spread evenly across the circle, concentrated towards the center, or towards the rim. In this case the image could be of a bright, out-of-focus source imaged through a lens whose bokeh is of the last sort.

Why would a UFO glow or have lights anyway? Be it man made or piloted by aliens.

Fighter jets don't use their marker lights when in combat or spying.

Why would a UFO glow or have lights anyway? Be it man made or piloted by aliens.

Fighter jets don't use their marker lights when in combat or spying.

Plasma discharge?

Plasma discharge?

Only if we make a huge assumption and say these UFO's are powered by by some propulsion that would cause plasma discharge or glow discharge.

If they are man made, glow discharge could easily be stopped. And it makes sense if they're controlled by aliens that they wouldn't have glowing lights. Since they seem to keep hidden. Rarely seem to come out at day and keep there distance at night.

Only if we make a huge assumption and say these UFO's are powered by by some propulsion that would cause plasma discharge or glow discharge.

If they are man made, glow discharge could easily be stopped. And it makes sense if they're controlled by aliens that they wouldn't have glowing lights. Since they seem to keep hidden. Rarely seem to come out at day and keep there distance at night.

Only if we make a huge assumption and say that we understand how aliens think. :)

Only if we make a huge assumption and say that we understand how aliens think. :)

It's not a huge assumption if a UFO has never clearly been recorded, always far away and usually at night. You could safely assume these UFO's are trying to stay out of sight. Either being operated by man or alien.

The most believable UFO videos don't have glowing lights. Either an unidentified aircraft, a drone or possibly an alien craft.

What is captured in this video could be anything. A light on a hill in the distance, Chinese lantern or balloon with light attached.

It's not a huge assumption if a UFO has never clearly been recorded, always far away and usually at night. You could safely assume these UFO's are trying to stay out of sight. Either being operated by man or alien.

The most believable UFO videos don't have glowing lights. Either an unidentified aircraft, a drone or possibly an alien craft.

What is captured in this video could be anything. A light on a hill in the distance, Chinese lantern or balloon with light attached.

I was being light hearted. ;)

What is captured in the video, as a lot of people have already said is most likely the International space station flying by. I have to agree and say that it the most likely explanation.

• Like 1

I was being light hearted. ;)

What is captured in the video, as a lot of people have already said is most likely the International space station flying by. I have to agree and say that it the most likely explanation.

I apologise, I read your post in a rush. Somehow missed your smiley.

That's the problem with text, it can be taken the wrong way sometimes and my emoticon blindness doesn't help. :)

I apologise, I read your post in a rush. Somehow missed your smiley.

That's the problem with text, it can be taken the wrong way sometimes and my emoticon blindness doesn't help. :)

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

P.S.

Being light hearted again. NOT taking the p*ss. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

my question is if they are here, why do we only ever get to see tiny lights in the sky...why dont they get over their stage fright and just come down have a brew and have a chat, instead of all these neverending youtube clips that cant be proven one way or the other..

Erm maybe they consider us mad and savage. Or could they guarantee that they would be able to drag us away from the barbecues, visits to the match, cleaning the car, or the 6 hours per night of soap shows?

Who would really be interested?

If they chose to come close to Christmas forget it. Everyone's either glued to the TV or smashed on alcohol.

I'm not really cynical about the human race am I?

Edited by zoser

Footage of a strange glowing sphere-shaped object moving across the sky has appeared on YouTube.

[media=]

[/media]

Definitely a UFO. Nice find.

Footage of a strange glowing sphere-shaped object moving across the sky has appeared on YouTube.

[media=]

[/media]

Im just starting on this thread, but if anyone ever bothers to go to YT and read the comments under the vids, this was one of the first comments made;

"As seen on the HEAVENS-Above , the ISS passed 5 times by the sky of Haskovo/Bulgary"

04 Aug 0.0 01:59:57 14° NNE 01:59:57 14° NNE 02:01:02 10° NE Visible

04 Aug -1.1 03:33:34 10° NW 03:36:29 27° NNE 03:39:24 10° E Visible

04 Aug -3.2 05:10:06 10° WNW 05:13:24 55° SW 05:16:41 10° SE Visible

04 Aug -2.8 21:52:42 10° SSW 21:55:51 39° SE 21:58:35 13° ENE Visible

04 Aug -1.2 23:29:34 10° W 23:31:42 27° WNW 23:31:42 27° WNW Visible

So, I think it could be the ISS and not an UFO.

Looks like a zoomed in image of the ISS to me.

There were several visible night passes on that date over that location.

From Heavens Above:

ISSBulgaria.jpg

ah - never mind my post then, beat me to it!!

yeh but I always recommend anyone simply reads the comments under the vids....to START WITH!!

saves a lot of speculation most times.

And for those interested in better understanding their cameras only..

For those not into imaging, "bokeh" is a Japanese term that refers to how a lens shows an out-of-focus point of light. It will be as a diffuse circle, but its brightness can be spread evenly across the circle, concentrated towards the center, or towards the rim. In this case the image could be of a bright, out-of-focus source imaged through a lens whose bokeh is of the last sort.

Yes, but in the interests of completeness, the shape of those out of focus areas is not always circular... The shape often mimics the shape of the lens aperture design - if you have a five blade aperture opening it might be a pentagon, six blade - hexagon... but some cameras use very odd shape aperture masks so it can even be square, triangular, hemispherical, etc.

To complicate it even further other factors will also affect the shape, including just how far out of focus it is, the zoom setting, where the object is in the frame (near the edges it may distort or get straight edges added) and also the lens design - some lenses have various internal and external baffles and 'flare guards' that can also come into play.

The best way to tell if it's bokeh or real detail? Simply watch what happens as you manually focus back and forth (or in the case of autofocus, as the camera racks the focus back and forth..)

If the camera has manual focus or even just an infinity focus setting, you should ALWAYS use that for this sort of thing. Even the best and most expensive cameras will have trouble focusing on distant small lights, especially if there are other objects at differing distances in the frame.

Moral of story? Know your camera. Practice photographing aircraft (or the ISS) and learn to recognise your camera's focus/bokeh behavior. If you are buying a camera, make sure it has manual focus or at least an infinity focus setting.

• Like 1