Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manhunt For 16 Year Old Girl Continues...

Kowalski

It's a whole lot of strangeness. Makes you wonder how weird the rest of the story is.

I'm sure the investigators are moving very slowly, gathering all possible evidence including social media.

• Like 1

When I first read this thread, I immediately thought of that case in Canada not long ago with the 12yr-old girl and her 20-something boyfriend. Richardson, I believe her name is. I didn't want to tempt fate by mentioning it but now it's looking even more similar. I'm saddened to say. :( Still hope I'm wrong though.

http://en.wikipedia...._family_murders

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

It's a whole lot of strangeness. Makes you wonder how weird the rest of the story is.

I'm sure the investigators are moving very slowly, gathering all possible evidence including social media.

I think so. They've handled this case very well, in my opinion. But, there's something very stange about this case. First, she says the guy creeped her out, now they have constant communication between the two?? Somethings, not right. Maybe they were having a relationship, and he seduced her. But was she complicit in the killings of her mother and brother? I don't know. I would like to think, she didn't. Lot more to this story though....

• Like 3

When I first read this thread, I immediately thought of that case in Canada not long ago with the 12yr-old girl and her 20-something boyfriend. Richardson, I believe her name is. I didn't want to tempt fate by mentioning it but now it's looking even more similar. I'm saddened to say. :( Still hope I'm wrong though.

http://en.wikipedia...._family_murders

Might be, I don't know....Hope I'm wrong, though.

• Like 1

I know! I felt so sorry for the girl, and then not 48 hours after her kidnapping, she's on Facebook taking pictures of herself, and answering questions like she's a celebrity, and going to charity events to raise money for her family?? I don't know, the whole story is just strange....I can't believe her father was letting her go on Facebook so soon! Nor could I believe her parents were letting her go on "day" trips with the guy either! Who lets their 16 year old do that?! :no:

I know. It seems rather strange to me. The way she got on Facebook and was out and about right away seems very questionable to me.

• Like 3

This just got even weirder if that's possible....

A man who died in a shootout with FBI agents after kidnapping a 16-year-old girl and killing her mother and brother named a member of the victims' family as his life insurance beneficiary, a spokesman for the man's family said Monday.

James Lee DiMaggio left $112,000 to Hannah Anderson's paternal grandmother, said Andrew Spanswick. He didn't know why but believes it was for the benefit of Hannah, the girl abducted by DiMaggio.

Hannah was rescued in the FBI shootout on Aug. 10 in the Idaho wilderness and returned home to San Diego.

DiMaggio, 40, had been like an uncle to the Anderson children and the father's best friend.

DiMaggio named Bernice Anderson as the sole beneficiary of his employer-issued life insurance policy in 2011, substituting her for his sister Lora Robinson, the lone survivor of his immediate family, Spanswick said.

DiMaggio lived with Bernice Anderson for about two years before buying a house in 2009 in Boulevard, about 65 miles east of San Diego, Spanswick said.

:unsure2:

Edited by Kowalski

I think the whole Facebook thing was faked. Anyone can set up a Facebook account in the name of someone else - or take over someone's existing account - it happens all the time. Don't be so quick to assume it was her doing all the celebrity glam thing.

The four individuals who encountered DiMaggio and Anderson said they both looked very out of place in a very isolated area of Idaho, so I think he was really winging it.

As far as the letters and phone calls, there's no details available. The letters could be love letters on his part and from her, letters saying leave me the F alone! And the calls that day could be entirely from him to her.

• Like 1

I think the whole Facebook thing was faked. Anyone can set up a Facebook account in the name of someone else - or take over someone's existing account - it happens all the time. Don't be so quick to assume it was her doing all the celebrity glam thing.

The four individuals who encountered DiMaggio and Anderson said they both looked very out of place in a very isolated area of Idaho, so I think he was really winging it.

As far as the letters and phone calls, there's no details available. The letters could be love letters on his part and from her, letters saying leave me the F alone! And the calls that day could be entirely from him to her.

I completely understand what your saying, but she was the one on the Facebook account, she even sent pictures of herself to all her friends, and according to the news reports, she sent him 13 texts and phone calls the day he abducted her. The news reports all say this.

I just think there is something not right with this story, and now the insurance policy??

Have you ever met someone online who turned out to be someone else entirely? It's happened to me, so without proof that it was her doing the sending of those pics, I don't believe it necessarily was. Unless she states it was her.

And as we don't know the content of those texts and phone calls, you can't judge that either. I read he was supposed to pick her up after cheerleading practice that day. It could be that those texts/calls were regarding that.

But I saw this on MSN this morning:

The family of kidnapping victim Hannah Anderson denied reports that her alleged abductor could have been the biological father of the girl and her brother, after a spokesman for the deceased suspect’s family requested DNA samples.

“Brett and Tina Anderson did not met Mr. DiMaggio until the sixth month of Tina’s pregnancy with Hannah,” said Stacy Hess, a spokesperson for Brett Anderson, in a statement.

James DiMaggio allegedly kidnapped 16-year-old Hannah after killing her mother Christina Anderson and 8-year-old brother Ethan Anderson, authorities have said. Investigators later found the bodies of Anderson’s mother and brother among the remains of DiMaggio’s burned-out home outside San Diego.

Full story

Edited by Child of Bast
  • Like 1

Have you ever met someone online who turned out to be someone else entirely? It's happened to me, so without proof that it was her doing the sending of those pics, I don't believe it necessarily was. Unless she states it was her.

And as we don't know the content of those texts and phone calls, you can't judge that either. I read he was supposed to pick her up after cheerleading practice that day. It could be that those texts/calls were regarding that.

But I saw this on MSN this morning:

Full story

Thanks for posting that story. :tu: I saw it on here too:

Link: http://www.foxnews.c...ear-old-victim/

He expected the grandmother to take care of the two children with the money. He stated he did not want it to go to their parents because they were having marital problems and he didn't trust them with the money on their own," Andrew Spanswick told 10News.com.

Explaining the request for a paternity test, Spanswick said "We are requesting DNA samples from Hannah and anything they can get from Ethan. There are rumors Jim was the children's real father. The parents didn't marry until 2002. We think it's strange he left them so much money with no explanation." DiMaggio named Hannah's grandmother, Bernice Anderson as the sole beneficiary in 2011, replacing his sister Lora Robinson.

Spanswick also described Hannah Anderson's recent behavior as suspicious, saying, "Some things that Hannah is saying on her Facebook doesn't add up so far; her latest posts are disturbing." He did not elaborate.

Here's another article on here:

Link: http://www.latimes.c...0,7616065.story

Authorities said there may never be a "rational explanation" for James Lee DiMaggio's kidnapping of Hannah Anderson, but some are drawing eerie parallels with his father's criminal history.

Roughly 24 years ago, when James Lee DiMaggio was a teenager at El Cajon Valley High School in San Diego County, his father had a violent breakdown after being spurned by a 16-year-old girl, the daughter of an ex-girlfriend, according to court records and news archives.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

Another link: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-hannah-anderson-case-investigation-winding-down-official-says-20130820,0,4547080.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fmostviewed+%28L.A.+Times+-+Most+Viewed+Stories%29

The investigation into Hannah Anderson’s kidnapping — and the grisly killings of her mother and brother — is "winding down," a spokeswoman for the San Diego County sheriff said this week.

Jan Caldwell told The Times on Tuesday that the detectives now are working to "close the book" on the case, and that in doing so, the 16-year-old girl who endured six days in captivity before being rescued in the Idaho wilderness will also see less media attention.

"Our investigation is winding down, and we hope that the attention does as well," Caldwell said. "Because we hope that Hannah and her family can begin this arduous process of grieving and learning how to deal with the new normal that they have."

CBS/AP/ August 21, 2013, 8:49 AM

Hannah Anderson update: Family of kidnapper James Lee DiMaggio wants DNA test

AP312872893494_1_620x350.jpg

In this Thursday, Aug. 15, 2013, file photo, Hannah Anderson arrives at the Boll Weevil restaurant for a fundraiser in her honor to raise money for her family, in Lakeside, Calif. / Howard Lipin/U-T San Diego/AP

SAN DIEGO A spokesperson for the DiMaggio family is saying that James Lee DiMaggio's sister has DNA samples of her brother and would like to test them along with his kidnap victim Hannah Anderson and her eight-year old brother Ethan, whom DiMaggio killed.

AP698493238596_244x183.jpg

This combination of undated file photos provided by the San Diego Sheriff's Department shows James Lee DiMaggio, 40, left, and Hannah Anderson, 16.

/ San Diego Sheriff's Department

The family suspects that DiMaggio may have had a physical relationship with Christina Anderson, who DiMaggio also killed, and that her children may be his and not Brent Anderson's, reports CBS station KCBS in Los Angeles.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57599485/hannah-anderson-update-family-of-kidnapper-james-lee-dimaggio-wants-dna-test/

• Like 2

And so, if he was her biological father...he told her he had a crush on her? (Her freind said that he had said this in front of her.) Eeeeewewww!

• Like 3

A partial interview with Hannah Anderson with the Today Show...

And I stand corrected: it was indeed her on Facebook. At the end of the first video, the reporter says they will later talk about why she was online so soon after her ordeal.

Interview

Edited by Child of Bast
  • Like 2

Yeah,why was she so soon on Facebook.Your mother and brother are dead,killed by the man who kidnapped you,so why are busy posting on Facebook?

If it had been me, that would be the last thing I would do.I would be in mourning for my brother and mother. Something doesn't smell right with this story of hers.I am begining to think that maybe,just maybe they did have some sort of a sexual relationship.Maybe the dad didn't know,but mom smelled a rat. She supposedly texted him or called him to come get her after cheerleading practice. Somehow the mom and brother got lured to his house,where they were killed.Then he takes off with her.

Wonder if she was at the house the whole time the killing was going down. Then they take off together. Of course,then these people discover the two and call the cops,and this Di Maggio guy winds up dying. Everybody can flame me if you want to,but there is a heck of a lot more to this story and her part in it. Look at Caril Anne Fugate and Charlie Starkweather.True this guy didn't kill anyone else,but you can kind of see a similarity here.And why leave all that money to the grandma, UNLESS it was to be used for his lady love. Call me a cynic,but this whole thing stinks.

• Like 4

Err, no. He is a creep, but the girl is 16, so "pedophile" is the wrong term. 16-year old girls are not exactly children. A "pedophile" would be more interested in the 8-year old boy.

Words have meaning, lets try to not to toss them around like confetti.

hes a pedo, plain and simple. 16, shes a little girl still. no matter what its sick, wrong, and disgusting. no grown Humian should think its alright to have sex with a 16 yr old.

Yeah,why was she so soon on Facebook.Your mother and brother are dead,killed by the man who kidnapped you,so why are busy posting on Facebook?

If it had been me, that would be the last thing I would do.I would be in mourning for my brother and mother. Something doesn't smell right with this story of hers.I am begining to think that maybe,just maybe they did have some sort of a sexual relationship.Maybe the dad didn't know,but mom smelled a rat. She supposedly texted him or called him to come get her after cheerleading practice. Somehow the mom and brother got lured to his house,where they were killed.Then he takes off with her.

Wonder if she was at the house the whole time the killing was going down. Then they take off together. Of course,then these people discover the two and call the cops,and this Di Maggio guy winds up dying. Everybody can flame me if you want to,but there is a heck of a lot more to this story and her part in it. Look at Caril Anne Fugate and Charlie Starkweather.True this guy didn't kill anyone else,but you can kind of see a similarity here.And why leave all that money to the grandma, UNLESS it was to be used for his lady love. Call me a cynic,but this whole thing stinks.

I'm sure if you watch the second video, you'd know why she did that. Also, she was at cheer camp that afternoon, presumably while it was going on, so no she wasn't at the house while he was doing the killing.

The LA Times reported that Hannah's cheerleading practice was the day before the event took place.

• Like 1

The LA Times reported that Hannah's cheerleading practice was the day before the event took place.

Found it:

Link: http://www.latimes.c...0,1536035.story

Search warrants released last week indicated Hannah was picked up from a cheerleading practice the afternoon of Aug. 4, but Caldwell said that the practice was the day before.

Also this:

Nearly 20 hours before James DiMaggio's house caught fire, the 40-year-old was already on the road with San Diego County teenager Hannah Anderson, as evidenced by a photograph taken at a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint, officials said Tuesday.

San Diego County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jan Caldwell said DiMaggio and the 16-year-old were photographed in his Nissan Versa at a westbound Old Highway 8 checkpoint at 12:10 a.m. on Aug 4.

Edited by Kowalski

A partial interview with Hannah Anderson with the Today Show...

And I stand corrected: it was indeed her on Facebook. At the end of the first video, the reporter says they will later talk about why she was online so soon after her ordeal.

Interview

I found this too on her interview:

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2...first-interview

Yes, it does, and a lot of people are having a hard time buying her story... Something is just not right with this story. 13 texts messages about where to pick her up at cheerleading camp? A cheer camp that ended the day before? And what about the two used condoms found in the house? I bet the DNA test on those will be interesting...

Also, the time line, doesn't add up....

Hannah was seen with DiMaggio in his car about 20 hours before he allegedly set fire to his house, police said.

The two were in his blue Nissan Versa just after midnight August 4, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department said. They were spotted at a U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint, according to Jan Caldwell, a spokeswoman for the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Caldwell did not say what the two were doing together or whether Hannah was with DiMaggio voluntarily.

CNN was unable to get an Anderson family response to this revelation.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2...first-interview

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

Update!

Link: http://www.foxnews.c...mother-brother/

SANTEE, Calif. – Calling their deaths "an abomination," a priest memorialized a California mother and young son killed by a family friend who also abducted the woman's 16-year-old daughter.

Saturday's service for Christina Anderson and 8-year-old Ethan Anderson at the Guardian Angels Roman Catholic Church in Santee was open to the public.

"For the death of Tina and Ethan there are no easy words," the Rev. Kevin Casey told the memorial gathering, accordingexternal-link.png to the Los Angeles Times. "We are touched by this evil and we can never be the same again.

Edited by Kowalski