Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shop bans selling energy drinks to children

Still Waters

Trelawney Stores, in Plymouth, Devon, has a sign displayed stating "Following requests from parents the high caffeine drinks listed below will not be sold to under 16s."

The drinks listed include Relentless, Monster, Rockstar and Red Bull which contain high quantities of caffeine and sugar.

http://www.telegraph...o-children.html

• Like 3

My wife and I have been watching our friends' 9yr old son for the past week. I made the mistake of letting him drink a Mountain Dew at 8pm the other night.

Needless to say, I completely understand 'the parents' requests in this article.

• Like 3

My wife and I have been watching our friends' 9yr old son for the past week. I made the mistake of letting him drink a Mountain Dew at 8pm the other night.

Needless to say, I completely understand 'the parents' requests in this article.

LOL...Not a good move! I bet he was bouncing off the walls for awhile.. :)

• Like 2

LOL...Not a good move! I bet he was bouncing off the walls for awhile.. :)

He's a naturally 'high strung' kid to begin with... 'bouncing off the walls' is a complete understatement.

• Like 3

Long overdue, these drinks should only be available in Liquor stores - the damage all that caffeine would be doing to the kids developing kidneys alone should have authorities taking a strong stand.

Good on you Shop Keeper - definitely one of the good guys.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 5

He's a naturally 'high strung' kid to begin with... 'bouncing off the walls' is a complete understatement.

If there's ever a 'next time', try the old "Does this cloth smell of chloroform?" trick. It's tried and tested!

• Like 5

If there's ever a 'next time', try the old "Does this cloth smell of chloroform?" trick. It's tried and tested!

Or putting velcro on his head and the other half to the ceiling. Gets them off the ground and out of your way.

• Like 6