Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supporting a losing team 'bad for health'

Still Waters

But people love rooting for the underdog. And I'm gonna eat and drink more DURING the game if my team is winning. :tu:

• Like 3

Whenever I watch England play, my tummy gets too upset and nervous to eat anything. It really depends what the score is by halftime, rather I'm gonna eat at all or not. My poor nerves isn't as resilient as they used to be!

haha ;)

• Like 2

You've got to support your team, even if they're losing, even if it's killing you. Nothing's lamer than a fairweather fan who jumps on the bandwagon when their home team finally starts winning.

• Like 3

its also bad for a team winning all the time, chances of heart attacks, very poor study

Good thing I don't like sports.

when I saw the title of this thread I thought to myself.., 'you support Leeds United-you're doomed' but then I saw it was about some kind of depression-based binge-eating I thought 'grab another beer and a pork pie, it'll all come off at work tomorrow.....

yaay! beer & pies!!

(plus Leeds are doing ok atm, so i'm undepressed-bingeing, which makes it a wise and healthy thing, according to the study, so i'll mark it down as being a workout.....)

;-)

• Like 2

when I saw the title of this thread I thought to myself.., 'you support Leeds United-you're doomed' but then I saw it was about some kind of depression-based binge-eating I thought 'grab another beer and a pork pie, it'll all come off at work tomorrow.....

yaay! beer & pies!!

(plus Leeds are doing ok atm, so i'm undepressed-bingeing, which makes it a wise and healthy thing, according to the study, so i'll mark it down as being a workout.....)

;-)

Yay Leeds!

• Like 2

Surely that must make Manchester the healthiest city on earth.

Nah... Munich, Barcelona and Madrid would be healthier.

Help ! that study means that I'm going to have a Heart Attack/Stroke/Ulcers/over eat ,and Drink.....every bloody Sunday.....Wait I've been doing that for decades,and I am still here so the stupid study is wrong.but this year I Know you don't believe me ,but we are gonna win the League, and the F.A.Cup, Consectatio Excellentaia Nil Desperandum.(and I don't support Man Utd or even the top 16.)

• Like 1

Oh dear,that last post was number 13, Help Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh.

• Like 1

Its about time Leeds pulled their socks up,and got back in the Premier,we always had a good scrap when we met.I won't mention 1973....Oh sorry I just did.Apologies to Shrooma.hee hee.

• Like 1

Win or lose, we always have what I call an "ultimate spread" when getting ready for any game or sport--football, baseball, soccer, etc. We don't just watch, we party...prior to, during and after :clap:

Edited by NiteMarcher
  • Like 1

Man U fan all my life,never felt ill or low in my early years when we won very little but can't say that I felt great as a result of 38 trophies in 25 years either ( just wanted to get that one in! ) even when they got relegated all those years ago my health both physical and mental were fine,I think this is a case of you'll find what you look for

This explains the sorry state of West Ham fans and their injury ridden players... ;)

Guys, I'm an Oilers fan. :(

Who ?