Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are we being visited?

NatureBoff

Do you believe an advanced civilization from outerspace is visiting us?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe an advanced civilization from outerspace is visiting us?

I voted "No", but I would like to qualify that somewhat.

It's not, for me, a matter of belief. It's a matter of evidence and knowledge.

For the former, there is no physical evidence either for the existence of, or visitation by, an ET intelligence. The only evidence we have is anecdotal, and this is weak.

For the latter, the only knowledge we may base the possibility of an ET visitation on, is our own. Given the knowledge we currently possess, we can conclude it would not be possible for an EBE in any way similar to us (not morphologically, but in general traits) to bridge the gap between stars.

• Like 1

For the former, there is no physical evidence either for the existence of, or visitation by, an ET intelligence. The only evidence we have is anecdotal, and this is weak.

For the latter, the only knowledge we may base the possibility of an ET visitation on, is our own. Given the knowledge we currently possess, we can conclude it would not be possible for an EBE in any way similar to us (not morphologically, but in general traits) to bridge the gap between stars.

Hi Leonardo - what are your thoughts on a separate section for "The UFO Phenomenon" due to the fact that something is being seen be eyewitnesses, be it Chinese lanterns, Venus or whatever?

Hi Leonardo. I agree with your point about the evidence though I'm not sure I can agree it would be impossible for a sufficiently advanced civ to bridge the gap between stars. Some type of warp drive is, at least theoretically possible by our understanding of physics, at least according to Dr. Machio Kaku, so it just becomes an engineering problem. Having said that, I still find it improbable. And I most definitely doubt an advanced civ would come here just to mutilate cows and make designs in corn fields

Hi Leonardo - what are your thoughts on a separate section for "The UFO Phenomenon" due to the fact that something is being seen be eyewitnesses, be it Chinese lanterns, Venus or whatever?

ET is an explanation for the UFO phenomenon, just (as you often say) not the only explanation. They are related in the same way teh hand and the glove are related.

• Like 1

ET is an explanation for the UFO phenomenon, just (as you often say) not the only explanation. They are related in the same way teh hand and the glove are related.

As unfortunate as that is, I have to agree. <_< ^_^

Hi Leonardo. I agree with your point about the evidence though I'm not sure I can agree it would be impossible for a sufficiently advanced civ to bridge the gap between stars. Some type of warp drive is, at least theoretically possible by our understanding of physics, at least according to Dr. Machio Kaku, so it just becomes an engineering problem. Having said that, I still find it improbable. And I most definitely doubt an advanced civ would come here just to mutilate cows and make designs in corn fields

Hi backatcha, spacecowboy.

I don't disagree about the theory, but theory ain't practice.

Until/unless we can turn theory into practice, interstellar travel remains an impossibility.

And, while I do not doubt Dr. Kaku's intellect or credentials, even respected scientists have been known to talk a bunch of woo in front of the camera's.

• Like 1

Hi backatcha, spacecowboy.

I don't disagree about the theory, but theory ain't practice.

Until/unless we can turn theory into practice, interstellar travel remains an impossibility.

And, while I do not doubt Dr. Kaku's intellect or credentials, even respected scientists have been known to talk a bunch of woo in front of the camera's.

Good point

Interstellar travel may be impossible for us with our technology but that does not mean it's impossible for another type of being. There could be a technology we do not or cannot understand. Just because we can't conceive of how something could be done that does not make it impossible.

When self opening doors first came to the Virgin Islands it was humorous to see the reaction of the native people. They would not go inside because they thought it was voodoo. In their minds doors opening by themselves was impossible. It didn't take them long to adapt, being highly intelligent people.

I'm not saying we definitely are being visited by aliens, only that I can't agree that it is impossible.

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion that the Universe owes no favours to life, in regards to traversing the galaxy. As far as we have seen, the speed of light is the absolute speed limit in the universe. According to Einstein, nothing with mass can reach it. Some kind of manipulation of the Higgs Field to reduce the mass of a spaceship would make it easier to accelerate, and if a vehicle could be made massless then it could reach the speed of light, but not surpass it. Of course there may be more to physics that we haven't grasped yet, but there is still the problem that a spaceship travelling near, at, or beyond the speed of light would be decimated by a collision with the smallest piece of space debris.

Warp Drive sounds nice and all, but there are two problems with it. The energy required for the theoretical Alcubierre drive is on the level of solar masses, so we'd need some way to harness the energy of three stars(we've only got one), including negative energy, and we don't actually know how to build a machine to fold spacetime. Again, an ET a thousand years ahead of us might be able to conquer these problems - or they'll find that our speculations in regards to warping space are quaint and completely wrong.

Wormholes might exist, but you have no idea where they'll come out. You could emerge on the other side of the Universe, or in an active galactic nuclei, or in the vast swaths of empty space between galaxies.

We can't really speculate on unknown physics, but it's possible until proven otherwise. I'm skeptical that we're being visited because I think, unless there is an easy way to traverse the stars, our system isn't really worth the trouble.

• Like 1

My vote was: No.

I think that no other civilization has passed beyond the great filter/great barrier. We aren't sure if we have passed it or not.

I believe in the great possibility of other intelligent life -elsewhere- -somewhere- but just not anywhere near us. Even if aliens wanted to visit, perhaps they just -can't- due to something preventing them, either lack of technology/know-how or they are as clueless as we are.

But just because the aliens aren't here, doesn't mean they aren't 'anywhere'. Though I do strongly believe that they are not in our solar system, because the nursery is for the babies, not for grownups.

(My statements reflect my -own- beliefs based on my own formed logic and reasoning. When I said: '...just because the aliens aren't here...' I am not trying to come across as 'factual' generally speaking. It is simply a matter of my own fact, because I haven't seen proof otherwise. And boy, do I wish there was proof... that would be super cool.)

Kind Regards :)

One of the best statements of the week,"We cant really speculate on unknown physics " Good one mate ! Keep Looking Up ! Thats where it All Is ! As for Being visited Thats always a possibility ! Its All in the way one Looks at things Fact or Fiction ITs All Possible ! :tu:

I'm not sure why we can't speculate on unknown physics, but I agree it is possible. Winning the lotto 500 times in a row is possible too.

what's the difference?

I went for Jill's lecture (SETI) on 2006. After I showed my 5 alien’s photos to her, she asked me: "What is it?", i said "I do not know". then she asked "why do you call them ET?". So scientist has clear standard for the alien and ET.

For example how do I know my visitor Mothman’s identity?

http://ufo-spacelife.blogspot.com/2008/09/moth-man-or-alien-bat.html

Edited by Star Man

I went for Jill's lecture (SETI) on 2006. After I showed my 5 alien’s photos to her, she asked me: "What is it?", i said "I do not know". then she asked "why do you call them ET?". So scientist has clear standard for the alien and ET.

For example how do I know my visitor Mothman’s identity?

http://ufo-spacelife.blogspot.com/2008/09/moth-man-or-alien-bat.html

doesn't really answer my question.

also you probably know mothman because he's had a hollywood movie made about him

doesn't really answer my question.

also you probably know mothman because he's had a hollywood movie made about him

ET is something that same us,must be from solid planet. alien could be all the life are not origined from earth.

So some alens are ET: http://ufo-spacelife.blogspot.com/2011/09/some-of-aliens-are-et.html

there are no one Mothman's statue in the world look like my visitor photo. I never watch all those alien's movie.

oh...you should...some are really good

All I'm seeing is some blurry photos of bugs

Edited by SkepticalB

Many are asking if we ever been visited by aliens. Yes we have been! Their name is God and His Race. (angels hierarchy)

- All religions and cults worldwide are claiming man to be made by God(s)!

Going to touch base only on those related to Christianity and Judaism

Genesis 6 Bible

King James Version (KJV)

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Book of Enoch

1. And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. 2. And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: 3. Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, 4. the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. 5. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. 6. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

- Why we don't see God and his hierarchy of Angels?

Simple, because they are energetic beings invisible to us. In the Book of Enoch there are plainly of descriptions of devices and technologies described nearly 6.000 years ago as seen through the eyes of Noah's grandfather which didn't even knew the existence of the wheel. Here is one which converts energy into matter

XVII-XXXVII. Enoch's Journeys through the Earth and Sheol.

XVII-XIX. The First Journey.

CHAPTER XVII.

1. And they took and brought me to a place in which those who were there were like flaming fire, and, when they wished, they appeared as men.

- Is God using technologies?

Yes He does. There is a ton of descriptions in the Bible and again in Book of Enoch.

The most well know is the "Ezekiel's Wheel" Ezekiel 1:16 (NIV) otherwise accepted and approved by Josef F. Blumrich (March 17, 1913 - February 10, 2002) chief of NASA's systems layout branch of the program development office at the Marshall Space Flight Center

This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel.

- Is God "abducting" people ?

Yes He does on a friendly manner ; the oldest description and first one is appearing in the Bible and was Enoch who had otherwise obviously wrote after that; the Book of Enoch

Enoch appears in the Book of Genesis of the Pentateuch as the seventh of the ten pre-Deluge Patriarchs. Genesis recounts that each of the pre-Flood Patriarchs lives for several centuries, has a son, lives more centuries, and then dies. The exception is Enoch, who does not experience death "for God took him." Furthermore, Gen 5:22-29 states that Enoch lived 365 years which is extremely short in the context of his peers. The brief account of Enoch in Genesis 5 ends with the note that he "was not" and that "God took him." The question of what became of Enoch puzzled later generations.

Even more there is a modern example of kidnapping in the future "rapture days" when all believers chosen will be taken to heavens in their bodies and they won't die on earth.

"5 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. "

Edited by qxcontinuum

I think any organisms advanced enough to cross interstellars as a matter of course would probably be advanced enough to do whatever science they wanted without being detectable to us unless they wanted to be.

I voted undecided, but let me break that down:

I find the multitude of abduction stories laughable at best and very sad, indeed, at worst... and likely none of them actually involve ETs.

I think that if some science allows for FTL or non-biological interstellar travel it would either be non-detectable to us or eat our planet and be hard to miss.

Ultimately, our science can't prove a negative, so I can't, in all good conscience say we haven't been visited. But I doubt it in general and I doubt all the ufologist who claim evidence of contacts in specific and extreme.

well, hes got alot to explain about all the anal probings

You can't enter heaven unless Jesus enters you
  • Like 1