Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the art of paranormal investigating

BeyondTheDark

So a lot of times while filming my web series, people have always asked me this question..." what's the soul purpose of paranormal investigating?"well to answer that, i say the purpose would be finding out if there is truly life after death. now, don't get me wrong, at times, i question my own beliefs and actions. so, would anybody agree that we may never find the truth?. i mean, all we can do is believe we have, but will science ever be able to get documented proof of the Afterlife? now-a-days Paranormal reality shows have made it a taboo to the mass media and mature audience. so, is Paranormal Investigating really a form of art?

So a lot of times while filming my web series, people have always asked me this question..." what's the soul purpose of paranormal investigating?"well to answer that, i say the purpose would be finding out if there is truly life after death. now, don't get me wrong, at times, i question my own beliefs and actions. so, would anybody agree that we may never find the truth?. i mean, all we can do is believe we have, but will science ever be able to get documented proof of the Afterlife? now-a-days Paranormal reality shows have made it a taboo to the mass media and mature audience. so, is Paranormal Investigating really a form of art?

Hi and welcome, No It isn't an art form.

Are you advertising your site by claiming you are more legit than tv shows? I feel this is what is leading towards.

Well pretty much anything would be better than the paranormal TV shows, or almost any other TV show, for that matter. I prefer to spend time on the nonsense we see here than on TV.

Fish, do you see any form of advertisement in my post? any links?

Ok so you come to a forum, sign up and then cop an attitude when some one asks you a question? I never heard of you or your site not until you brought this on our forum, infact i went to your facebook. I never seen any one ask you that question.

To answer your question, there is no true method of catching paranormal. People who claim to be ghost hunters or experts use a bunch of pseudoscience words and methods (Evps, "Orbs", poor video coverage) to make ghost hunting sound legit. There is no art form for there is nothing to hone in on. Yes it appeals to people fancy but other than that there is no true method since most methods can be contaminated or tampered.

but wheres the advertising at on here? because i am just stating something that has been said.

but wheres the advertising at on here? because i am just stating something that has been said.

So a lot of times while filming my web series, people have always asked me this question...
Edited by Brian Topp

....okay? but wheres the link?

As I said, You started this topic by putting an elephant in the room. I am a salesperson, I know this technique, it's called planting the seed.

Well, since this place is nice and tension filled.

I've got some friends very into the whole ghost hunting thing and I've been asked to start joining them as, I guess...a skeptic, and my background in psychology they were interested in...look it didn't make much sense to me either, but if I get to make fun of them I'm probably gonna do it.

• Like 1

I don't think it's an art. I think it's more along the lines of a "scientific endeavor", unless of course you're the kind of person to put emotion before logic then there really wouldn't be anything scientific about it. i feel like the emotional ghost hunters are people who just do it for the thrill, kind of adrenaline junkies. they assume every scratch, cough or bump in the attic is something more than what simple logic can explain. the more scientific ones are those who try to actually put logic behind sounds and can differentiate between an orb on a photograph and a bug or spot of floating dust.

random thought to throw in here, but it's kind of a bit offputting to me that so many 'ghost hunters' or people who can talk to or communicate with spirits, ghosts, whatever you'd like to call them, don't ever think to ask what lies beyond this life. like you hear people trying to get their stories from the 'other side', but you very rarely hear them ask about what comes after this life...which I would think would be the basic goal of all people trying to communicate with those who have passed.

sorry if this is worded incorrectly, exhausted and can't sleep so my words are most likely coming out jumbled haha.

I don't think paranormal investigating is art. Unless one wants to consider it part of the media arts, like TV shows. Though I have seen some rather lovely pictures sometimes, I guess that might be considered art.

First of all, it's sole purpose of investigating.

sole [adj.] functioning independently and without assistance or interference

Second, as others have pointed out, it's not an art. Even if you remove the real scientific aspect of it, sitting around in the dark "waiting for something to happen" isn't exactly an art.

It's all psychology, which is a science.

• Like 1

I would venture to say that it is closer to art than actual science at this time, yes. Mostly due to the fact that, by far, the vast majority of those undertaking it as a "hobby" or whatnot are untrained laymen. Kind of like if your mom takes up painting out in the garage in her spare time. As opposed to mom decides to spend the next decade in school pursing an advanced degree so she can become a bio-chemist.

It strikes me that this sort of "investigating" is being called an "art" to disguise its flaws as science. Economics and other social sciences also sometimes get called arts, for much the same reason.

• Like 2