Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edible food wrapper

Simbi Laveau

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/tech/innovation/this-edible-wrapping-tastes-good/index.html?utm_source=dlvr.it

A wrapper made of nuts and seeds ,that can be used in lieu of plastic wrap .

I am wondering if its appropriate for all food,or just sweet ,and the issue with wrapping is it is exposed to the elements .

Even if its edible ,it can get dirty .Who wants to eat that ?

The wrapper needs a wrapper ?

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 5

Your point is the reason it will never work Simbi. At least I wouldn't eat an edible wrapper. Ever.

• Like 2

whos says the wrapper isnt already edible?

I have missed you :)

• Like 1

Even if I wouldn't eat it I bet since its is eatable it would decay fast in a landfill.

• Like 1

I don't think it's the first edible food wrapper... I remember when I was a little girl.. When we went to a local asian restaurant, there were these rice candies that came in their own edible wrappers- they just melted in your mouth.

Even if I wouldn't eat it I bet since its is eatable it would decay fast in a landfill.

Very good point Hilander. Edible typically means biodegradable. :)

I don't think it's the first edible food wrapper... I remember when I was a little girl.. When we went to a local asian restaurant, there were these rice candies that came in their own edible wrappers- they just melted in your mouth.

I loved those.they were discontinued ,and reformulated ,because the wrapper was found to be full of lead .

They suck now

Not necessarily.

I've seen articles where pieces of vegetable and lunch meat slices were dug up from 10-20 years down in landfills and weren't degraded much at all. No air, moisture, soil, no insects or anything.. just tightly-packed trash.

http://www.cnn.com/2..._source=dlvr.it

A wrapper made of nuts and seeds ,that can be used in lieu of plastic wrap .

I am wondering if its appropriate for all food,or just sweet ,and the issue with wrapping is it is exposed to the elements .

Even if its edible ,it can get dirty .Who wants to eat that ?

The wrapper needs a wrapper ?

I guess if it was sealed in a lunch box or something it wouldn't be an issue as such but you might just want to call it a tortilla !