Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

14th-century poison ring found

Still Waters

Bulgarian archaeologists working on the remains of the medieval fortress on Cape Kaliakra, near the town of Kavarna on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, have found a well-preserved poison ring, Kavarna city hall said on August 20.

The find is the first of its kind not just at Kaliakra, but anywhere in Bulgaria, the head of the dig, Boni Petrunova, the deputy director of the National Archaeology Institute and Museum in Sofia, said.

Made of bronze, the ring has a small box welded to the bezel and was meant for a male, most likely worn on the little finger, Petrunova said.

http://sofiaglobe.co...garias-kavarna/

• Like 5

I love poison rings

Alrighty then, you're not cooking my dinner, :wacko:

• Like 1

Wonder if they're going to do any analysis of the ring for the presence of poison. That would do a lot to bolster the claims.

• Like 1

there's an awful lot of "most likely's" in the article...

Well, archaeology is full of most likelies. Unless an object is found with an owner's certificate stating who it belonged to; which finger it was worn on; where it came from; when and where it was used; annnnnnnnnd if it was responsible for any deaths, all we have to go on are educated guesses.

Thats crazy

The old chinese used silver needle to check their emperor's food for poison and even on dead bodies during autopsy. Maybe that's why we use silverware on our dining tables. If the food is poisonous it would react to the utensils. It's safer if I carried a spoon around with me all the time.

Edited by MrPringle
  • Like 1

Very interesting.. i want one lol. I thought poison was a woman's weapon :/

• Like 1

I want one too, must be a womens ring I think.

I want one too, must be a womens ring I think.

There are better deadliest womens ring trough out history.

Big Bad Voodoo

• Like 1

I agree with some of the comments from the OP article that it is more likely to be an artifact or relic ring than a poison ring.