Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreamlords of ancient Egypt

Big Bad Voodoo

Temple of sleep in ancient Egypt

Also known as Dream temples were places where ancient Egyptians practiced hypnosis and as I suggest Lucid dreaming and maybe astral travels as well and those Dream temples were influenced by high priest in Heliopolis Imhotep. Dreamlords in Dreamtemples used to chant magic texts and put thei r patients under hypnosis. Final result was that patient would then report dreams to priests which would then dertminated cure for patients. Whats interesting that those priests used to meditate. Dreamlords would also give warnings, advice, and prophecies based on their dreams.

I also asked one great amateur (?) Egyptologist who confirm what I found. That ancient Egyptians called dream „rswt“ and one of hieroglyphs of it was open eye. I on Internet found that „rswt“ etymology was „to be awake.“ While person who confirm above said that: it's very close in hieroglyphic spelling to the word for "wake," "watchful," and "vigilant."

The Dream Book-from Deir el-Medina, Egypt-19th Dynasty, around 1275 BC

Papyrus giving a list of dreams and their interpretations.

Each horizontal line describes a dream, followed by the diagnosis 'good' or 'bad', and then the interpretation. For example, 'if a man sees himself in a dream looking out of a window, good; it means the hearing of his cry'. Or, 'if a man sees himself in a dream with his bed catching fire, bad; it means driving away his wife'

Asclepeion in ancient Greece and Rome was temple of healing dedicated to god Asclepius. God dates to 5th century BC. People were there spent night sleeping. Then they would tell their stories to the master of the dreams. And whats interesting is that non venom snakes were used in rite because snakes were sacred to Asclepius. What is even more interesting is that Hippocrates "father of medicine", learnt his knowledge in medicine on island Kos in Asclepeion. Symbol of health care of today is rod of Asclepius. Snake entwited around rod. In the end God Asclepius was killed because he reaised dead.

I realy cant see how one can ignore this . We have „Open eye“ heiroglyphs, Dream temples, dream=watchfull, dream books, prophecies and meditation. And Imhotep.

hiero_D4.png= rswt

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo
  • Like 1

Origin of Rod of Asclepius can be traced in Egypt trough Bible.

Bible in the Book of Numbers (Numbers 21:5-9).[15][16][17][18] The section in the Book of Numbers reads as follows:

5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread. 6 And the Lord sent fiery serpentBible in the Book of Numbers (Numbers 21:5-9).[15][16][17][18] The section in the Book of Numbers reads as follows:

5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread. 6 And the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. 7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord, and against thee; pray unto the Lord, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. 8 And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. 9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.[19]

This is consistent with the theory in the New Testament of the King James Bible that Jesus also delivers believers from eternal death in the passage found in John 3:14-15.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal lifes among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died. 7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the Lord, and against thee; pray unto the Lord, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people. 8 And the Lord said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live. 9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.[19]

This is consistent with the theory in the New Testament of the King James Bible that Jesus also delivers believers from eternal death in the passage found in John 3:14-15.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo
  • Like 1

For often, when one is asleep, there is something in consciousness which declares that what then presents itself is but a dream. ~Aristotle

Here is picture of Egyptian soul-Ba.

reli19b.jpg

So is this Egyptian sleeping? Maybe he is astral traveling? Everyone who practice Lucid dreaming knows thats very easy to astral project from lucid dream.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Anaximander of Miletus could predict Earthquakes. His pupil Pythagoras too. Question is how? They didnt have statistics back then. Did they understand Bell's theorem? Or have crystal balls? Did they have tarot cards? Did they meditate and got answer in meditation? Or in lucid dreams?

Science teach us that world isnt as we learn in school. When you study physics first nature laws are introduce to you. Then next thing you learn is that it isnt exactly as we learn before. Intention experiment and McCraty and his coherant heart all point into one direction. If many have same wish we can change matter with our thoughts, mind and heart.

Science cant explain how one can dream same dream over and over. Or Magnetics, Deja Vu, Out of body expirience, Foregin accent syndrome, Power of love, Genius children, Dream about your VERY early childhood, Telepathy, Mind over body, Sleep paralyze, Dream become reality, Remote viewing in dreams, Two people sharing same dream, Miracles, Healing sounds, Hypnosis, Lucid dreaming, People who can enter in your dream?, Astral projections , …'“sixth sense'' ….„third eye“…. „guts“…. „dairokkan“….etc.etc. Heart is sense organ in the end.Hooponopono wizards from Hawaii also made prophecies from dreams. (?)

Here is my post about dreams.

We first heard how essence of the dream is hallucination and that you can go insane in safety.

Then that dream is linked with REM. (rapid eye movement)

If you awaken person during rem period it have 80 percent chance that he reported a dream only 10 percent during normal sleep.

When you are in rem phase and someone hits you with cold water you will be dream in that you are on rainy storm for hours then you will wake up.

Dream scientists say that dreams are not connected with REM.

If dream dont have meaning why do we dream?

And we are not talking about Lucid dreaming which are VERY realistic. Children are also lucid dreamers. Im quite sure everyone remember when he was kid and dream something scary that he start to think "I must be dreaming." and then you wake yourself. Lucid dreamers realize they are dreaming and continue to do so.

What about false awakening. They seems real. Carl Gustav Jung argued that when we are awake that we are dreaming. Bible Code have some prophecies in it.

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

Vitamin B6 (also known as Pyridoxine) plays a key role in brain and nerve function.Vitamin B6 each day and this can be acquired through foods like bananas, carrots, oranges, spinach, fish, chicken, liver, beans, eggs and nuts. However, to achieve the dose necessary for greater dream intensity, take a 100 mg supplement such as Nature Made Vitamin B6.

Vitamin B6 converts Tryptophan into Serotonin, which produces much more vivid dreams

I wonder what Egyptian priests eat?

http://www.world-of-...d-dreaming.html

Also maybe Watchers were rswt priests.

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

And listen this.

The Upper Egyptian Famine Stela, dating from the Ptolemaic period, bears an inscription containing a legend about a famine of seven years during the reign of Djoser. Imhotep is credited with having been instrumental in ending it. One of his priests explained the connection between the god Khnum and the rise of the Nile to the king, who then had a dream in which the Nile god spoke to him, promising to end the drought.

Famine Stela is an inscription written in hieroglyphs located on Sehel Island in the Nile near Aswan in Egypt, which speaks of a seven-year period of drought and famine during the reign of the 3rd dynasty king Djoser. It is thought that the stela was inscribed during the Ptolemaic dynasty, which ruled 332–31 BC.

The story told on the stela is set in the 18th year of the reign of king Djoser. The text describes how the king is upset and worried, as the land of Egypt has been in the grip of a drought and famine for seven years, during which time the Nile has not flooded the farm lands. The text also describes how the Egyptian people are suffering as a result of the drought and that they are desperate and breaking the laws of the land. Djoser asks the priest staff under the supervision of high lector priest Imhotep for help. The king wants to know where Hapy (a river deity directly identified with the Nile) is born and which god resides at this place.

Imhotep decides to investigate the archives of the temple Hut-Ibety (“House of the nets”), located at Hermopolis and dedicated to the god Thoth. He informs the king that the flooding of the Nile is controlled by the god Khnum at Elephantine from a sacred spring located on the island, where the god resides. Imhotep travels immediately to the location which is called Jebu. In the temple of Khnum, called “Joy of Life”, Imhotep purifies himself, prays to Khnum for help and offers “all good things” to him. Suddenly he falls asleep and in his dream Imhotep is greeted by the kindly looking Khnum. The god introduces himself to Imhotep by describing who and what he is and then describes his own divine powers. At the end of the dream Khnum promises to make the Nile flow again. Imhotep wakes up and writes down everything that took place in his dream. He then returns to Djoser to tell the king what has happened.

The king is pleased with the news and issues a decree in which he orders priests, scribes and workers to restore Khnum´s temple and to once more make regular offerings to the god. In addition, Djoser issues a decree in which he grants the temple of Khnum at Elephantine the region between Aswan and Takompso with all its wealth, as well as a share of all the imports from Nubia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imhotep

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine_Stela

Big Bad Voodoo

The Great Pyramid was built to be able to be a vehicle for the body to astral travel

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=181926

“Re‘ and Thot, take (the traveler?) with you…….that he may sit on that which ye sit,………that he may voyage in that wherein ye voyage” (210) and they go off to the night sky to “reeds” and “marshes”.

Then, very clearly, “thou didst not depart dead; thou didst depart living,” (213). They travel “regions” and “secret places” and he has to “beware of the ocean”. The “dew of the stars” purifies him.

Can someone confirm this , please?

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

wow. a monologue.

Yes. And sceptics, as you, as in tennis match: Silence please.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

For often, when one is asleep, there is something in consciousness which declares that what then presents itself is but a dream. ~Aristotle

reli19b.jpg

So is this Egyptian sleeping? Maybe he is astral traveling? Everyone who practice Lucid dreaming knows thats very easy to astral project from lucid dream.

Big Bad Voodoo

Nope, he's not astral traveling. Sad to say, he's dead. That is a classic depiction of a mummy on a funerary bed with his ba-soul fluttering above, waiting to rejoin the body. This is often scene on the midriffs of coffins dating to the later periods and comes from Spell 89 in the Book of the Dead.

I don't know if the Egyptians would've viewed such a thing quite in the manner of "astral travel," which is a New Age thing, but I do recall that there was an ancient belief in Egypt where the soul could depart the body and travel around when an individual was asleep. The "dream clinics" you've mentioned did indeed exist—dreaming was considered a prophetic activity, as it was in many ancient cultures. It wasn't so much for the sake of "astral travel" as it was for the benefit of the individual to have priests interpret his or her dreams.

The Great Pyramid was built to be able to be a vehicle for the body to astral travel

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=181926

“Re‘ and Thot, take (the traveler?) with you…….that he may sit on that which ye sit,………that he may voyage in that wherein ye voyage” (210) and they go off to the night sky to “reeds” and “marshes”.

Then, very clearly, “thou didst not depart dead; thou didst depart living,” (213). They travel “regions” and “secret places” and he has to “beware of the ocean”. The “dew of the stars” purifies him.

Can someone confirm this , please?

Big Bad Voodoo

I would advise caution with this one, Voodoo. Note that the link ultimately originates with a website on astrology, which freely misinterprets ancient texts for a fringe agenda. For example, the part about "the traveller?" so conveniently left vague would actually contain the specific name of a deceased king. It comes from the Pyramid Texts. These were clearly a corpus of spells to help the soul of the deceased king to ascend to eternal godhood in the heavens.

On an unrelated note, I understand Spartan's pithy comment. Not counting the post I am currently contributing, there are nine posts so far and eight of them are yours. It would be best to sit back and see if other members wish to contribute. That's all I'm sayin'.

• Like 1

Thanks on response. I could post 16 posts...About flying serpent and prophecy in dreams. But I didnt. I will however stop doing this. My heart beats every time I enter in this thread. I think I discover something. And my foundation claim was that they used lucid dreaming for prophecy.Science proove that people who suffer from amnesia and young children are not able to predict future due fact they know less about past. We can project ourselves into the future by knowing the past. We can vizualize future if we study history. Best historian is Hyperthymestic! Its special ability that you memorize everything. Imagine how many you can learn. Living video recorder. Its extraordinary ability. Now who can tell that in ancient Egypt we didnt have Hyperthymestics? And how can you notice things more then other? By awareness. And its „prooven“ that Lucid dreamers are more awared of others. To me it all make sense. Im surprised that I didnt notice this earlier.

From what pyramid is that text? Do we have more of these texts?

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

The Pyramid Texts are in various pyramids dating to the late Old Kingdom, as well in some noblemen's tombs dating to the end of the Old Kingdom (the latter didn't have pyramids, of course, but co-opted the spells for their own benefit). Some of the spells are found in queens' pyramids, too. Many of the same spells are used from pyramid to pyramid, with kings' names switched out. You can find out lots of information about the Pyramid Texts online.

• Like 1

The Pyramid Texts are in various pyramids dating to the late Old Kingdom, as well in some noblemen's tombs dating to the end of the Old Kingdom (the latter didn't have pyramids, of course, but co-opted the spells for their own benefit). Some of the spells are found in queens' pyramids, too. Many of the same spells are used from pyramid to pyramid, with kings' names switched out. You can find out lots of information about the Pyramid Texts online.

Thanks I will. Perhaps you know, did priests in AE have special diet?

Big Bad Voodoo

Thanks I will. Perhaps you know, did priests in AE have special diet?

Big Bad Voodoo

It's quite possible they did, although it's not a topic in which I'm well versed. Herodotus writes about this in Book II but historians have commented on whether the information is reliable in the first place. Personally I would believe a priest's diet would not have been much different (if at all) from anyone else's in the Nile Valley. In the end, socio-economics determined one's diet and the availability of certain food resources. Also a known factor was festival days and restrictions therein based on the deity being celebrated (e.g., no lion hunting when Sekhmet was celebrated).

Have you read something of a specific nature? I might be able to take it from there and check it in my library.

And we are not talking about Lucid dreaming which are VERY realistic. Children are also lucid dreamers. Im quite sure everyone remember when he was kid and dream something scary that he start to think "I must be dreaming." and then you wake yourself. Lucid dreamers realize they are dreaming and continue to do so.

What about false awakening. They seems real. Carl Gustav Jung argued that when we are awake that we are dreaming. Bible Code have some prophecies in it.

I remember a lucid dream I had about vampires. The back yard was crawling with them. They were trying to get in my window when I realized I was dreaming. I cut a deal with them, explaining that this was just a dream anyway so there was no point in their persisting. They agreed, then left. I didn't wake up but that was the end of the lucid part.

Harte

• Like 1

I remember a lucid dream I had about vampires. The back yard was crawling with them. They were trying to get in my window when I realized I was dreaming. I cut a deal with them, explaining that this was just a dream anyway so there was no point in their persisting. They agreed, then left. I didn't wake up but that was the end of the lucid part.

Harte

Goodness. Makes me wonder what you consumed/smoked/injected before the dream. :w00t:

reli19b.jpg

Big Bad Voodoo

Maybe he's a Green Lantern (look at the ring the bird's carrying).

Kmt

You can have special diet in today world where you have all avaliable food. I was wondering did they eat more chikens, nuts, eggs and fish more then others?

Harte

Scary dream. With practice you can achive to become lucid all the time. One of things you can do is making dream journal. Just exactly what Imhotep did.

Sir Wearer of Hats

Sadly I didnt watch Green lantern movie.

Big Bad Voodoo

Maybe he's a Green Lantern (look at the ring the bird's carrying).

Green Lantern ?

Looks to me like a circle and a line passing close to it ? Does that ring any bells ?

Harte

Scary dream. With practice you can achive to become lucid all the time. One of things you can do is making dream journal. Just exactly what Imhotep did.

Thanks, but no thanks.

I've got better things (or more responsibilities) to concentrate on.

Kmt - I was about 8 years old when I had that dream.

Harte

Kmt

You can have special diet in today world where you have all avaliable food. I was wondering did they eat more chikens, nuts, eggs and fish more then others?

Chickens were not domesticated until later times, so consequently eggs were something of a delicacy. We know the Egyptians consumed ostrich eggs, but probably mostly the upper class. This would describe priests in general terms—they were of a notably higher station (usually) than farmers, herdsman, merchants, and the like. People of the upper class (including priests) would have consumed more beef, which was expensive and not always available or affordable to other commoners. While everyone consumed beer, people of the upper class also enjoyed wine.

Things like nuts and fish were available to everyone. Fish was probably the most common meat people ate, especially of lower stations. It was easy to acquire and easy to preserve.

To sum it up, most priests were of a higher class, so they would've been able to afford a wider range of foods, especially of the expensive variety. They were probably paid in such food items, too.

Hmmm interesting. I'll have to look more into this.