Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

i need help

k6379

I don't think, but i know something is following me. I am 19 years old & i can't remember the last time i wasn't scared to be alone in my house. Sometimes i just hear noises, light switches, footsteps, running footsteps, but most of the time i see things. I see shadows,.figures, people, orbs, big mass's of darkness. Since I've lived with it my whole life, i have learned to ignore it. I've gotten pretty good at it. But more times than others i just can't shake the feeling i have off. I am never alone i always feel eyes on me. I can feel when something is with me. And even though I've learned to deal with it pretty well, i will admit i still get freaked the **** out alooot. Well, i need help learning how to make it go away. I've prayed to.god, nothing. I say, out loud that it is not welcome in my home or my life, it HAS to go, nothing. Last night my boyfriend and I were laying in bed trying to sleep. We live in a one bedroom apt we just moved into two weeks ago. (before last night we had.only heard noises & such, i have seen things move on 2 occasions since we have been there) well, it was about 2:30, i was reading a book on my phone and he was facebooking on his. Our light switch was flipped on but we pulled the string on the fan before we went to bed, so the fan was on and the light was off. Everything was quiet, we had been layin down for about 30 mins, then we heard the string being pulled, the light came on, the string pulled again and the light went off. I shut my eyes and plugged my ears because i was afraid.of.what was gonna happen. my Boyfriennnd was freaked out. At first i acted like i didn't see it but my boyfriemd was freaking out so i had to admit to him that i had seen it too. We went to the living room and were talking about how to get rid of it, and my bf in all seriousness was like I'm gonna put a salt line in front of our door tomorrow night and then we heard some loud noises from our room like something bringer thrown around, it didn't like the idea of us tryin to get rid of it.. I need help. What's wrong with me. Why does this happen to me. How come some people go through their life never seeing anything paranormal but it's not even a daily but an hourly occurance for me. I just want to be able to be alone and feel safe. I just wanna be able to relax in my home and not have to be constantly looking aroumd tryin to see who's eyes are staring at me. I can honestly say i have never played with a ouiji board or like done anything to open a door to this, it just has always happened and i never questioned it. This is the first time ive seeked help.outside my family and I'm desperate.

I don't think, but i know something is following me. I am 19 years old & i can't remember the last time i wasn't scared to be alone in my house. Sometimes i just hear noises, light switches, footsteps, running footsteps, but most of the time i see things. I see shadows,.figures, people, orbs, big mass's of darkness. Since I've lived with it my whole life, i have learned to ignore it. I've gotten pretty good at it. But more times than others i just can't shake the feeling i have off. I am never alone i always feel eyes on me. I can feel when something is with me. And even though I've learned to deal with it pretty well, i will admit i still get freaked the **** out alooot. Well, i need help learning how to make it go away. I've prayed to.god, nothing. I say, out loud that it is not welcome in my home or my life, it HAS to go, nothing. Last night my boyfriend and I were laying in bed trying to sleep. We live in a one bedroom apt we just moved into two weeks ago. (before last night we had.only heard noises & such, i have seen things move on 2 occasions since we have been there) well, it was about 2:30, i was reading a book on my phone and he was facebooking on his. Our light switch was flipped on but we pulled the string on the fan before we went to bed, so the fan was on and the light was off. Everything was quiet, we had been layin down for about 30 mins, then we heard the string being pulled, the light came on, the string pulled again and the light went off. I shut my eyes and plugged my ears because i was afraid.of.what was gonna happen. my Boyfriennnd was freaked out. At first i acted like i didn't see it but my boyfriemd was freaking out so i had to admit to him that i had seen it too. We went to the living room and were talking about how to get rid of it, and my bf in all seriousness was like I'm gonna put a salt line in front of our door tomorrow night and then we heard some loud noises from our room like something bringer thrown around, it didn't like the idea of us tryin to get rid of it.. I need help. What's wrong with me. Why does this happen to me. How come some people go through their life never seeing anything paranormal but it's not even a daily but an hourly occurance for me. I just want to be able to be alone and feel safe. I just wanna be able to relax in my home and not have to be constantly looking aroumd tryin to see who's eyes are staring at me. I can honestly say i have never played with a ouiji board or like done anything to open a door to this, it just has always happened and i never questioned it. This is the first time ive seeked help.outside my family and I'm desperate.

Hmmm.. Some thing has taken an obvious interest in you. I can't profess to say I know what.

The fact your boyfriend reacted the way he did proves to me you aren't imagining things.

If you haven't opened doorways, like using a Ouja board, then I'm not sure..

Maybe whatever this occurrence is, whatever it is, is happening because of you.

I experienced a lot of similar thing over the years; I'm a fairly logical person.

If this type of stuff is happening to you I highly recommend you never use a Ouja board.

The results can be disastrous.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi

Video camera is the solution to your problem...just leave a few on around the house

• Like 5

I know I'm not imagining it lol not only my boyfriend has experienced things, but nearly everyperson that i have ever been close with. What i said early was very very brief, i can't put a life time of experiences into a paragraph. My mom told my Boyfriennnd when we first got together about all of the stuff that happens around me but she also told him stuff she's never told me. She told him that when i was a baby, there would always be a dark shadow hanging around my crib.. He just told me that a year ago, so i asked my m and she admitted it. She never said anything to me because of course that would make me worry more (i have severe anxiety issuses, that I'm guessing have quite a bit to do with this). I'm just at my witts end and i don't know what to do.

What will the video camera do? Lol I'm not tryin to prove it's there, I'm trying to get rid of it, and finally be able to fall asleep peacefully, or be able to live my life like a normal person.

What will the video camera do? Lol I'm not tryin to prove it's there, I'm trying to get rid of it, and finally be able to fall asleep peacefully, or be able to live my life like a normal person.

Welcome to UM, There is a fine tradition on UM that we ask for video evidence,

The reasons if one of the following (please understand I am not trying to claim you are in these catagories)

1. The person is lying.

2. The person is practicing "creative writing"

3. Person has the evidence that every skeptic is dying to see.

4. The OP (Original Poster who started the thread) will vanish when this suggestion is mentioned since either A. Ghost is camera shy or B. That the person is Number 1.

5. Person is confused, stressed out and is really having sleeping disorders such as Pareidolia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia . I suffer this time to time, especially if i am stressed. Some nights my wife said it takes me five minutes to wake up from my dream and she said I always talk about vistors in the room or people attacking us.

6. Some people have issues with random noises like the house settling. House settling is where moisture and tempture changes and causes your house to make certain noises that sound like people walking etc. If we have video we can confirm this is appening.

Do not worry some member will surely give you some suggestion like reading the bible, having the house bless, meditate (i recommend this if you are stressed), setting it on fire or ask you if the house is buried ontop of an indian burial ground (because there soooo many here in the use).

Seriously though, Setting up a camera would help, most likely it make the ghost go camera shy.

• Like 3

You don't just have to use a ouija with these things to encourage these things.....I noticed you said "not have to be constantly looking aroumd tryin to see who's eyes are staring at me.... by looking for it you are paying attention to it and also feeding it your subconscious fears thanks to existing misperceptions that all weird things have to be evil! If you think about bad things it empowers it to do some of them because it knows that's what YOU want it to do to get your attention!

A lot of people live with them and just say it's a ghost, guardian spirit or poltergheists, whatever you want to say it is and it never does any harm. Doesn't matter what it is, you lived with it all your life so has it really tried to harm you besides you worrying to much about it... just because it exists?

Someone trying to exorcise something they don't really understand actually encourages it to have more bad effects as you found out. Simple IGNORE it if you don't want it encouraged that works for a lot people. If something happens tell it, you don't have to do things to let us know you are here and stop doing that it's stupid. You can't command anything away if you don't understand it and you actually empower it more with your fears and lack of faith in yourself to be able to do it. If it is really beyond your control you should seek assistance from someone who has experience and a reputation word of mouth and not advertising for money.

They could give you that little bit of understanding and faith that you lack to help you and it find peace .

Like Brian Topp mentioned (In Marsha's voice: Hellllo Brian), meditation is good to help relax.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to UM :)

Your story is interesting. I agree that you need to meditate and don't use the ouija board. Don't try to communicate with anything.

I found this a bit strange though it's not related much to your paranormal stuff:

My mom told my Boyfriennnd when we first got together about all of the stuff that happens around me but she also told him stuff she's never told me.

Why would your mum tell your new boyfriend all this information about you?

Do you think your mother ever used a ouija board when you were very young or perhaps before you came along? Sorry to ask this but I can't help but sense all this might be to do with her.

Many people hear things and see things they can't explain but don't like to admit it.

For instance whenever I try to reply to your thread, my browser kept freezing!

I can't help but think of Paranormal Activity when I read this lol. But in all seriousness

1. Like others have suggested, set up a video camera to capture what ever it is because it could drive it into hiding (but really it is just a short term solution, it's not like you can have a video camera on you all night every night), and also we all would love video evidence of this thing.

2. Check (going back to Paranormal Activity) if anyone in your family has ever tried to contact spirits, I know it sounds like I'm making fun but it might shed light.

3. Try things like crystals and dream catchers (might not work but never hurts to try).

Now to end off on a light note :). Check for a scorched picture of you in the attic above your room and if you record yourself and you start to stand over you boyfriend for hours at a time at night... Tell him to run :)

One more thing (if you have a sister) check whether she did or didn't send it your way to expel it from herself. Okay enough jokes

Anyway I really do hope you get rid of whatever this thing is, it does seem like its attached to you though. Sorry about the jokes I get like that when things kinda creep me out.

Thanks everyone for the advice! Yes, i know my mom has played with one, once before she got pregnant with me & she asked if she was going to have kids, it gave my birthday & who she was gonna marry, it gave my dads name. I don't know how i left that information out, kinda important. I wasn't saying i was gonna use one, i was saying i know that those boards can cause things like this to happen and i haven't ever done anything (that i know of) to spark whatever this may be's interest.. Nothing happened last night which was absolutely amazing! Still not sure what I'm gonna do the next time something happens but i do know i am not sitting in that apartment til i know for sure i feel comfortable doing so

Well :w00t:

Try Sandalwood and Sage to banish them.

You should also try a video camera.

:tu:

I beleive that medatition is from the middle Eastern Religion,such as Hinduism and Buddhism,and also Yoga. all which use Medatition, as a Born Again christian i dont beleive in it. I just ask teh LORD to Help.

Meditation is just a term, christians use prayer in which they try not to think so they can hear god more clearly.

different words, same thing

I'd say your ceiling fan has some bad wiring(common with a n electrical device with constant movement), the bulb itself has worked itself loose and the jiggling causes the light to flicker.

As for the noises, i think that can be rationalized also, as you and the bf were afraid and would notice more noises clearly, so that as the house was settling, you'd hear the usual noises more loudly.

All this tracing back to fear you have in supernatural aspects because your mother also apparently believed, and through her you've been made afraid.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you invoke the power of God, then you yourself must believe whole-heartedly in Him. Just saying it won't work. I say listen to what the others have told you, it is good advice. If this only makes things worse, then you need to do research about you and your family. As well as some research on people who can help you with this. Your fear is what is driving this. Master your fear and it will not bother you so much. And I mean, it won't upset you like it apparently does. Your fear gives it more power than it should have. Fear is a sickness, and it will rot your heart, mind and soul. Overcome your fears to better deal with situations like this.

I beleive that medatition is from the middle Eastern Religion,such as Hinduism and Buddhism,and also Yoga. all which use Medatition, as a Born Again christian i dont beleive in it. I just ask teh LORD to Help.

Corporations are teaching meditation at work as it helps in relaxation. It doesn't have to belong to religion. Prayer is a form of meditation.

• Like 1