Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Paralysis?

Ash07

Hey guys so I had a dream today and it was extremely weird and sort of terrifying so I started looking for if anyone had same or similar experiences to what I did which resulted into me finding this website. I know there's already a forum based on this but that has been inactive for a while. This is first thing I’m doing since I woke up, asking you guys this because I’m freaked out and very curious.

Btw guys I went to bed at around 9 p.m. last night, Friday, which is really early as the night before, Thursday, I went to bed at 4 a.m. since I was doing my coursework and had only slept for 3 hours.I'm telling you guys this as this could have happened just because of sleep deprivation, irregular sleeping patterns, or because of my age(I'm 16) like NHS said. Also I woke up at around 7 am today, Saturday, stayed in bed and read a fan fiction on livejournal about this boy worrying about being 17 and how they had to make some major life choices, such as university, splitting from friends, etc. and I fell asleep worrying about the same things about how I’m still not sure what I want to do with my life and which Universities I want to go to, I have to decide all of this by this year in September. I’m a first year student at 6th Form right now. I’m telling you guys this because maybe this triggered what I dreamt about in some sort of weird way but that was the last thing that I thought about before drifting off to sleep and dreaming about this. But guys this is going to be a really long-winded story so just bear with me.

So here goes, sorry if some bits don’t make sense as I can only recall vivid images of it.

It started with me and my brother watching some video on YouTube about biscuits, it was about what the story was behind the biscuit, how they came up with the name, but I guess this isn't really relevant but I just want to provide you with every little detail, I don’t want to miss out anything that could be important. So while watching that video my brother kept trying to wind me up by saying I’m going to tell mum and dad that parents evening is extremely important so they’d want to go. Idk where this came from but in my dream there was a parents evening and I was trying to persuade my parents not to go saying it’s just a waste of time and how the teachers always say the same things, etc. it was probably because recently we had mock exams and I haven’t been doing well at all but there is no parents evening happening any time soon in reality. Then it just sort of transitioned into me being in college, in a tutorial, and I saw few of the boys from my tutorial lesson in there as well. I was sat near the windows, and it was raining really heavily outside, I remember I kept thinking today is really weird or something down that line in my dream. Out of nowhere then there was this boy/man popping his head through the window that was open and singing or talking? Idk in a really deep voice, and he was dressed in a very bizarre fashion with sunglasses on, he was wearing layers and layers of dark clothing and everything was dragged down because of the heaviness of the rain and he looked sort of like a monster. I guess this isn't relevant either but then apparently it was because we were filming for a show or something and as I saw Cody from Suite life of Zack and Cody, I’m going to assume it was for that show. I guess so far it’s been pretty irrelevant, sorry for wasting your time but now on to the creepy, interesting? parts.

So I was having dinner with my mum and my grandma, who passed away 6 years ago now. We were in this really old, dark horror movie type room, complete with candles as the only source of light. I don’t remember what happened then but suddenly we were all together in bed, holding on to each other tightly and ready to fall asleep. My grandma was in the middle with me and my mum by her sides. I vaguely remember that mum and I were “aware” that grandma isn't alive anymore and this possibly could be her ghost that we're cuddling to but we still ignored the fact and were still in bed with her. Then just when we were about to fall asleep, the clock hit 12 and there was this ting ting ting sound and some alarm went off and suddenly my grandma was facing me in bed and there was this sort of clicking sound, you know when everything connects together, it was sort of like my grandma's spirit connecting to my body and I felt my body being paralysed and my grandma's spirit? clinging onto me, idk if it was my grandma anymore though. She looked like one of those creepy old women with grey wiry hair from a horror movie. I remember trying to move but my body was paralysed, every part of my body felt locked and thinking that maybe this is a dream and I should really try and move, and I could when I concentrated really hard, I could move a little bit but then I would feel like something heavy sitting on my chest and I would feel trapped again. In between I also kept seeing images of like a bathtub with a knife in it and the tub was filled nearly halfway through with a mixture of blood and water which is really creepy.

This is going to be really confusing now as I think by now in my dream I was dreaming that I was in a dream as I could see myself sleeping soundly and thinking I should make a sound in the second dream and I could in the real dream but I could see in the second dream that I wasn't making any sound and it looked like I was peacefully sleeping in my own bed right in the middle of it. So I’m going to label the dream where I can actually see me being in this old, dingy bed with an old woman besides my bed as the real dream and where I can see myself sleeping peacefully with no sign of panic or worry, in my own bed as the second dream.

By now I could hear my mum humming to a song outside as she was ironing or something I guess?, btw this one was in real life, not in the second dream or the real dream, so I guess I was half-awake now but I was still trying really hard to make movements in my second dream but I was still feeling really trapped in my dream, unable to move, feeling paralysed. Then out of nowhere suddenly I opened my eyes in real life and everything went away and my mum humming outside my bedroom was much clearer and I was feeling very tired and still sleepy. I could move myself freely, it was still heavy movements but this was probably because of just waking up. It was nearly 10 a.m. when I woke up and from then on I can’t stop thinking about that dream and have tried looking for similar stories in the internet, curious to know what caused this, etc. and I'm finding out now it's something called sleep paralysis, which sounds similar to what I had but I’m not sure.

Can you guys help me out, why you think this happened or what triggered it, or even what the meaning of this dream could be? I’m really sorry as this may have been such a confusing piece of story to keep up with or understand, but it’s really difficult to describe a dream especially when there’s so much going on and you only remember it vividly. Although I guess judging from the length of this, I remember it more than vividly. Oh dear it’s on 1,308 word count now. I’m really sorry but help me out? Thank you.

Edited by Ash07
  • Like 1

Sounds like a case of sleep paralysis to me. We all have weird dreams like this from time to time. It could of been triggered by lack of sleep the night before.

Welcome to the forum.

Yup. A nasty little SP episode mixed with dream imagery. I wouldn't worry about it. In our dreams we shift through internal conflicts. Your odd sleeping ours helped you remember them. I suggest you write a dream inturpretation for your self. It will help you sort out the imagery.

Take care.

Sounds like a case of sleep paralysis to me. We all have weird dreams like this from time to time. It could of been triggered by lack of sleep the night before.

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah.. I would have been fine I guess if this had happened to me before, but as this was the first time and I usually never can remember dreams in such clarity, I was just very curious and terrified at the same time. It was a terrifying experience, anyway thank you for replying, x

Yup. A nasty little SP episode mixed with dream imagery. I wouldn't worry about it. In our dreams we shift through internal conflicts. Your odd sleeping ours helped you remember them. I suggest you write a dream inturpretation for your self. It will help you sort out the imagery.

Take care.

Before this I had never even heard of sleep paralysis, and when I woke up, instantly I thought of it being a demonic attack. Since then I've read a lot of scientific as well as spiritual explanations regarding this, it just makes me think how little we know about our own bodies. I should really, but I'm not sure if it will happen again or if this was just a one-off experience . I should really stop thinking about it but thank you :) x

Yeah.. I would have been fine I guess if this had happened to me before, but as this was the first time and I usually never can remember dreams in such clarity, I was just very curious and terrified at the same time. It was a terrifying experience, anyway thank you for replying, x

Yes this can be a little frightening when it happens the first time. Once day when I was half asleep on the couch I could of sworn someone slammed the back door but it was just me dreaming.

I think the video about biscuits was to show how simple & basic survival is & to prompt you to steadfastly continue with your studies. Then the question about your parents taking an interest in your education possibly meant that they are concerned that you continue to do well at school. Then the old wet man you see from the school window represents what happens when you don't do well at school.

Then you're shown that as well as having people close to you who love you on earth you also have spirits connected to you from the beyond. That's why you're placed in a creepy place with a deceased person. Then you're separated from your body & placed in a second dream looking back on the first to show you that you are also a spirit that is a separate thing from your body.

Basically this all means that your education represents survival on earth & your relatives & ancestors rely on you to do well.

I also kept seeing images of like a bathtub with a knife in it and the tub was filled nearly halfway through with a mixture of blood and water which is really creepy

This is a common symbol. It means that the spiritual beings that are closest to us live in a liquid dimension that is all around us & they stay connected to the human body through long sharp flexible reeds which pass through the body on a deeper dimension. It's like placing an optical fibre in the body of a jellyfish to keep the jellyfish connected to a computer or device. The jellyfish is unaware of the connection but it's an important aspect of the jellyfish's life to someone else who is viewing it. You were being shown that a being from the beyond would be frightening for you to meet because it is so strange & it stays connected to you from a liquid dimension by using long reeds which are pointed.

Basically the dream experience is all to show you that your education is all that matters & you have your family as well as beings from the spiritual realm who are counting on you to succeed.

That's what I am seeing in your dream anyway

I think the video about biscuits was to show how simple & basic survival is & to prompt you to steadfastly continue with your studies. Then the question about your parents taking an interest in your education possibly meant that they are concerned that you continue to do well at school. Then the old wet man you see from the school window represents what happens when you don't do well at school.

Then you're shown that as well as having people close to you who love you on earth you also have spirits connected to you from the beyond. That's why you're placed in a creepy place with a deceased person. Then you're separated from your body & placed in a second dream looking back on the first to show you that you are also a spirit that is a separate thing from your body.

Basically this all means that your education represents survival on earth & your relatives & ancestors rely on you to do well.

This is a common symbol. It means that the spiritual beings that are closest to us live in a liquid dimension that is all around us & they stay connected to the human body through long sharp flexible reeds which pass through the body on a deeper dimension. It's like placing an optical fibre in the body of a jellyfish to keep the jellyfish connected to a computer or device. The jellyfish is unaware of the connection but it's an important aspect of the jellyfish's life to someone else who is viewing it. You were being shown that a being from the beyond would be frightening for you to meet because it is so strange & it stays connected to you from a liquid dimension by using long reeds which are pointed.

Basically the dream experience is all to show you that your education is all that matters & you have your family as well as beings from the spiritual realm who are counting on you to succeed.

That's what I am seeing in your dream anyway

Hey.. idk if you're mocking me or completely bull****ting me, sorry if you're not but thank you for that. I'm actually really motivated to study for my 5 exams that I've got within a weeks time now, especially that old wet man but thank you again for taking your time :) x

Yes this can be a little frightening when it happens the first time. Once day when I was half asleep on the couch I could of sworn someone slammed the back door but it was just me dreaming.

I know what you mean, some of the things I dreamed about left me wondering if that was something that actually happened in real life or not but right now, I'm very aware and conscious of every sound and every creak that's made within my house, which usually I wouldn't give any second thoughts to. It's gets more creepier, the more attention I pay to it, hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to forget about that dream x

• 3 months later...

I get very upset when ignorant people who do not know whatis ectually hapopening speak about topics and lable them a disorder when they are quite the opposite. The humming people experience if people read in depth will find it leads to a fear and a panic. After over coming that fear everbody with knowledge knows what comes next. You will experience an OBE. It is a talent! Not a disorder! the so called doctors need to realize that some have talents they nevr will. I am glad it is that way myself. their arrogance is a problem they will have a long time to get over before they will ever experience the HUMMING sound. Its the way the universe would have it lol

• Like 1

Don't worry about not knowing what your going yo do with your life or college, your still young and you will figure it out eventually :) I used to be in your shoes. Anyway that was an sp episodes but it also sounds like obe since you claim to have seen your body sleeping. I too feel the pressure on the chest in sp so try to relax, that helps me. Don't be afraid because you will have scarey hallucinations. My sp episodes also start with bizzare dreams. Usually someone tells me I'm dreaming and I get really confused. Then Im really aware of my surroundings and I wake up in sp mode. I can separate my limbs easily if I concentrate while at the vibration stage of sp. it's nothing to worry about tho, the old hag was a hallucination most likely from your fear. So can be scarey for those who experience it for the first time

• Like 1

I get very upset when ignorant people who do not know whatis ectually hapopening speak about topics and lable them a disorder when they are quite the opposite.

I get annoyed when ignorant people talk about a known medical disorder as if it were some kind of port hole into a realm beyond science, then call doctors ignorant when these people went to school for years to dedicate their lives helping people.

I also get annoyed when these people can't spell simple words.

I get annoyed when ignorant people talk about a known medical disorder as if it were some kind of port hole into a realm beyond science, then call doctors ignorant when these people went to school for years to dedicate their lives helping people.

I also get annoyed when these people can't spell simple words.

Did you go to school and dedicate your life to this?

It's prety anoying wen pepl think speling is important on Intternet foruums.:):D

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

Did you go to school and dedicate your life to this?

It's prety anoying wen pepl think speling is important on Intternet foruums. :):D

indeed