Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Domestic violence

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

http://www.dailymail...free-court.html

If the law fails to adequately prosecute a man for domestic violence like in this article (please read the full article before you comment) and the wife decides to "go back", should the children be removed and put into care? would this be a bigger incentive to 'break the spell' and stop more women and children going back into a abusive family relationship ?

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

http://www.dailymail...free-court.html

If the law fails to adequately prosecute a man for domestic violence like in this article (please read the full article before you comment) and the wife decides to "go back", should the children be removed and put into care? would this be a bigger incentive to 'break the spell' and stop more women going back into abusive relationships ?

In principle I was raised to be vehemently opposed to committing any form of violence against a woman.

Unfortunately, my sister was in a physically abusive relationship with her ex-husband, cementing my views.

This man started beating his wife on their honeymoon when she was eight months pregnant.

He continued abusing her for years until finally being sentenced to jail..

He got anger management classes (I received those from a fight I got in high school), and I can tell you they are a joke.

However, he then warned his wife that he was going to punish her for all she did to him?

In front of their children no less - and punched her?

I think he should lose custody of his children; this man is a monster.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi
  • Like 2

It would be quite illegal for what I think should be done with him. The man is obviously a narcissistic sociopath. He has no business being around children.

• Like 2

It would be quite illegal for what I think should be done with him. The man is obviously a narcissistic sociopath. He has no business being around children.

Amen, sir.

They both need counseling and perhaps even medication. And yes, I think the children should be taken away and lodged with responsible parties until the parents can get their act together.

• Like 2

They both need counseling and perhaps even medication. And yes, I think the children should be taken away and lodged with responsible parties until the parents can get their act together.

The problem with his behavior is not just that he has got some things wrong with him. He is a deep seated narcissist. This cannot be cured. He is also a psociopatth. In essence he has a pathological tendency to thi k that only his needs are important and another pathological tendency to view others as things. This is dangerous. Somone will end up dead if they are under his rule or care.

• Like 2

The man had a long standing problem that was there far before these two ever met.

I cannot rationalize someone staying with a jerkface like him and if this silly woman decides to give him more chances to hurt her then the children need to be in a place where they will be spared seeing daily violence.

Furthermore it will only be a matter of time before the man turns his fists on the kids.

Sad as this story is, it is no different form the thousands of stories on domestic abuse.

You can't fix stupid and idiotic.

• Like 2

Certain women will always go back to an abuser because they value the abuser and their relationship with him more than they value themselves or their children. They have been conditioned that they are worthless and cannot survive without their abuser, and attitude that they also project toward their children.

Damn shame that you have to take a test to drive a car, get a license to own a gun, and get drug and background tested for most jobs but any idiot can procreate.

• Like 2

And I do think that whenever there is violence in the home, or substance abuse, that the children should be removed until the family can get help.

• Like 1

coward coward coward

Good question blu3, I never thought about it. I guess I just assumed a known abuser taken to court would automatically result in protection for the kids from a violent home. Or at least regular home visits.

It is traumatizing and shameful, imo, to allow the children to witness this "relationship" example between a man and a woman.

And who says he isn't an abusive father? He and his wife? By now the kids would think this behavior is normal.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I agree with everything said so far. There a few parts where i find myself asking why didn't anyone intervene ?

His wife then fled out of the car at Beaconsfield services and broke down in tears.

But she eventually got back into the car and returned home after Mr Brenninkmeyer said: ‘Why don’t you get back in the car? You’re causing a scene.'

Why didn't anyone at the station help or notice the woman breaking down with a freshly slapped/bruised face. Isn't hard to put one and one together.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I agree with everything said so far. There a few parts where i find myself asking why didn't anyone intervene ?

Why didn't anyone at the station help or notice the woman breaking down with a freshly slapped/bruised face. Isn't hard to put one and one together.

It's because the majority of people are in their own little world. I know it sucks. But it's only a relative few that are willing to step up. .... That's my cynicism for the day. Sorry.