Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted Games?

SeanJPD

Now you obviously hear about haunted games in stories and films but do any of you have GENUINE experience with a game you believe to be haunted? I have had a few strange experiences that I put down to glitches such as an Enderman (a creature in the game "Minecraft") appearing in my home on the Xbox version before they were put in that version of the game but never an actual experience of a supposedly haunted game. Anyone want to share your experiences?

• Like 1

Now you obviously hear about haunted games in stories and films but do any of you have GENUINE experience with a game you believe to be haunted? I have had a few strange experiences that I put down to glitches such as an Enderman (a creature in the game "Minecraft") appearing in my home on the Xbox version before they were put in that version of the game but never an actual experience of a supposedly haunted game. Anyone want to share your experiences?

Why would a ghost haunt a game?

Well, in ghost lore ghosts can be attached to physical objects, but data would not be something a ghost gets attached to. It's like books and stories- the book might be haunted, but the story would not be- otherwise every time there's a new printing, those would be haunted too.

There is also the problem of the data itself- if it's all correct, it works, if one thing is off, it will not. So for data to be haunted, a ghost would have to write perfect code in order to overwrite the current data.

So nope, no haunted video games.

• Like 1

Have you not heard the stories, Exorcist? I am not saying there are really haunted video games I am asking if anyone has ever had any strange experiences involving them.

Only spaghetti monster stories and youtube videos. It Comes down to this, Games can be modded (Altered by a 3rd party) and even edited by cheats. There is a nintendo zelda 64 out there that some one cleverly used an emulator (runs games or console games on other systems or even the PC) and used a game genie (program that can change code) that was a semi-interest on youtube.

There are no solid proof what so ever of haunted objects, My proof about this fact is ebay, how many people over the years sold haunted objects and the buyer complained it wasn't? A ton!

Edited by Brian Topp

Have you not heard the stories, Exorcist? I am not saying there are really haunted video games I am asking if anyone has ever had any strange experiences involving them.

If you mean weird bugs or glitches?

When I was in college I had bought myself a TV and a Super Nintendo System because I couldn't afford n65 or a playstation. In Mario Kart, I once didn't put the Cartridge in all the way and the game was acting all weird, the yellow screen at the start had random small blocks on there. When i picked my mushroom cup, i then had to choose my characters, princess peach/toad was a pure pointy sharp object with only her eyes, mario was gray but had graphic blocks changing, DK was not even there, bowser look like his pixels exploded and strangely, luigi was untouched.

When the map loaded my heart sank, it was hard to discribe but imagine seeing this and you are tired and you are in college and working two jobs and you see all the characters staring at you for 3 seconds before the race start.

When the race started the catridge crashed.

Now my cartridge is not haunted, I heard tales from people who had experiences with missing characters (happened to me in Final Fantasy 7), Code bugs (a glitched pokemon where the scriptors added a pokemon but not completely, destroying your save). Games where players fell through the ground when it meant to be there etc.

Edited by Brian Topp

If you mean weird bugs or glitches?

When I was in college I had bought myself a TV and a Super Nintendo System because I couldn't afford n65 or a playstation. In Mario Kart, I once didn't put the Cartridge in all the way and the game was acting all weird, the yellow screen at the start had random small blocks on there. When i picked my mushroom cup, i then had to choose my characters, princess peach/toad was a pure pointy sharp object with only her eyes, mario was gray but had graphic blocks changing, DK was not even there, bowser look like his pixels exploded and strangely, luigi was untouched.

When the map loaded my heart sank, it was hard to discribe but imagine seeing this and you are tired and you are in college and working two jobs and you see all the characters staring at you for 3 seconds before the race start.

When the race started the catridge crashed.

Now my cartridge is not haunted, I heard tales from people who had experiences with missing characters (happened to me in Final Fantasy 7), Code bugs (a glitched pokemon where the scriptors added a pokemon but not completely, destroying your save). Games where players fell through the ground when it meant to be there etc.

Now this is what I mean, strange experiences which may have at the time made you think the game was haunted of you still do. Haha sounds creepy.

Now this is what I mean, strange experiences which may have at the time made you think the game was haunted of you still do. Haha sounds creepy.

It wasn't haunted, i knew by the angle of the cartridge, what freaked me out was all the drivers staring at my screen, like i was on trial for using too many koopa shells

• Like 1

It wasn't haunted, i knew by the angle of the cartridge, what freaked me out was all the drivers staring at my screen, like i was on trial for using too many koopa shells

Ah okay but either way, those stories will do too!

Have you ever heard of the Morrowind story? I assume you're speaking of things like "Ben drowned" and the like.

I love little urban legends around "haunted" games like that. They're often not true, often not presented at true, and never can provide much for proof. Ben drowned is my favorite. It's just built really well. However, I also really liked one about The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It is a bit of a long read, but it is good. it can be found here: http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Jvk1166z.esp I liked it a lot when I read it, but it was at night, at work, with just me and one other employee, so it added to the ambiance. Hope you enjoy it! There's also a pretty famous one about Super Mario 64 here :http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_64 Let me know what you think!

Well, it's not a "haunted" game problem, because that'd mean every time I get a Borderlands game, it'd be haunted. But every time I get a Borderlands game to replace one I sell to try a new game, I start playing it, and I get this weird smell, like a kind of rotting animal smell. Every. Single. Time.

I don't think that ''haunted'' games or ''haunted'' website are possible, I've not seen any evidence of that. It seems a bit ludicrous to me to be honest.

Documentations have been made about haunted objects, especially antique, in which evidences suggest that an entity might have been attached to. That seems more likely to me, just like a house or a person can be haunted, an entity might a have a strong bond to a particular object with a strong history. But that seems to be rare and I don't subscribe to the idea of ''everything'' haunted even a pair of socket to a spooky website.

There are no solid proof what so ever of haunted objects, My proof about this fact is ebay, how many people over the years sold haunted objects and the buyer complained it wasn't? A ton!

That is no proof. The paranormal is not exempt of frauds and selling so called ''haunted'' object on eBay as a way to make more money out of it can be put in this category. In no way does it ruled out the possbility that legitimate haunting of an object cannot occur, however it may be a rare phenomenon.

Edited by sam_comm

I don't think that ''haunted'' games or ''haunted'' website are possible, I've not seen any evidence of that. It seems a bit ludicrous to me to be honest.

Documentations have been made about haunted objects, especially antique, in which evidences suggest that an entity might have been attached to. That seems more likely to me, just like a house or a person can be haunted, an entity might a have a strong bond to a particular object with a strong history. But that seems to be rare and I don't subscribe to the idea of ''everything'' haunted even a pair of socket to a spooky website.

That is no proof. The paranormal is not exempt of frauds and selling so called ''haunted'' object on eBay as a way to make more money out of it can be put in this category. In no way does it ruled out the possbility that legitimate haunting of an object cannot occur, however it may be a rare phenomenon.

This is very true. Most of the stories surrounding haunted games are just stories, urban legends, creepypastas, and the like. Just fun to talk about and think about.

• Like 1

One of my favorite games growing up was Mega Man 3 on the Nintendo. Once you beat the 8 Boss robots you went through 4 of the stages again, and fought the 8 Boss robots from Mega Man 2, each stage having 2 bosses. Spark Mans level was one of the stages you went through again, and at one point there's a glitchy flying robot that comes into the screen and I always thought it was the ghost of Spark Man.

Does that count?

The only haunted game that i can think of is the most popular one of all is the Ouji Board.