Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama passes the Syria Ball to Congress

questionmark

untill then i have no desire for any further conversations with you insulting my people

and you are insulting my intelligence with all your propaganda-filled posts....

I will continue to reply to some of the points you bring up...whether you reply to me or not is up to you.

• Like 1

Obama has no facts that actually prove anything...just very weak circumstantial 'evidence'...

I sincerely hope that Congress do not allow any attack on Assad positions.

As this would be tantamount to aiding and abetting Al Qaeda terrorists.

What a ridiculous situation.

Russia doesn't have any facts either that it was the rebels, they say yes and no to what the Syrian government claims. I think Russia knows that the US is right but wants to see if the US can handle the situation. Russia is not agreeing to what you are saying, they want peaceful talks from both sides, Russia has not accused of anyone

obama is doing the best " for his people " and i respect that actually

he is??? may be you should ask those ppl directly, for now there is absolutely nothing he has done for the best of his ppl, in all 6 or so years he is in, he did quite the opposite.

unless by his ppl you mean someone else but americans.

obama has been nothing but failure , idk why anyone would respect that

• Like 1

he is??? may be you should ask those ppl directly, for now there is absolutely nothing he has done for the best of his ppl, in all 6 or so years he is in, he did quite the opposite.

unless by his ppl you mean someone else but americans.

obama has been nothing but failure , idk why anyone would respect that

i meant his hesitation in strikes against syrian governement

"obama is doing the best " for his people " and i respect that actually

it's against usa interest to interfer in syria and obama reliaze that"

i meant his hesitation in strikes against syrian governement

"obama is doing the best " for his people " and i respect that actually

it's against usa interest to interfer in syria and obama reliaze that"

oh ok, than i missred your post, my bad

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Russia doesn't have any facts either that it was the rebels, they say yes and no to what the Syrian government claims. I think Russia knows that the US is right but wants to see if the US can handle the situation. Russia is not agreeing to what you are saying, they want peaceful talks from both sides, Russia has not accused of anyone

From what I remember Syrian 'rebels' have persistently refused to attend peace talks....

And Putin says it is 'nonsense' that the Syrian Army would hand it's enemies a trump card by using chemical weapons

when they are making progress in dealing with the terrorist elements in Syria.

It defies all logic that when the UN was visiting Syria.....Assad suddenly decides it would be a good idea to kill a couple of hundred

children and other civilians...with Sarin Gas.

But it makes sick and deadly sense that ruthless Islamic terrorists would inflict the sarin gas on innocent civilians....to frame the Assad Govt.

A few hundred more martyrs for the cause....would be nothing to them...

• Like 2

From what I remember Syrian 'rebels' have persistently refused to attend peace talks....

And Putin says it is 'nonsense' that the Syrian Army would hand it's enemies a trump card by using chemical weapons

It defies all logic that when the UN was visiting Syria.....Assad suddenly decides it would be a good idea to kill a couple of hundred

But it makes sick and deadly sense that ruthless Islamic terrorists would inflict the sarin gas on innocent civilians....to frame the Assad Govt.

Right. :tu:

It makes no sense for Assad to use sarin gas on civilians. Esp. considering how Syrian government forces are winning. And if I recall, the rebels have done this before.

Also, if you look on Youtube, you will see videos of the rebels gassing animals and dogs, to "test" out their chemical weapons. Haven't watched those videos, I can't watch things like that, but I have heard people talking about it.

• Like 3

Both have refused peace talks, but you would only use the most deadly weapons you have only if you are struggling or losing, the same with Saddam in the 1st gulf war, he launched SCUD attacks on Israel in order to hopefully break the coalition apart by Israel joining the war with the Saudis and then Saudis will kick out the US of their land. Never worked and it backfired badly. The same in Libya scuds were used but inaccurate cost them dearly, too little too late, soon after Gaddafi was killed.

You do know that Britain sold Sarin gas to the Assad regime? the same gas used to fight Iran in the Iraq-Iran war?

Right. :tu:

It makes no sense for Assad to use sarin gas on civilians. Esp. considering how Syrian government forces are winning. And if I recall, the rebels have done this before.

Also, if you look on Youtube, you will see videos of the rebels gassing animals and dogs, to "test" out their chemical weapons. Haven't watched those videos, I can't watch things like that, but I have heard people talking about it.

yes those are rebels and yes and was proven. but the was a smaller scale. However in this incident this was a bigger scale. Assad is struggling, he knows it and Iran knows it, if he was winning he would of done that within a year. the Syrian government is nearly bankrupt because of the costs.

Damascus was a rebel free city for a while, somehow the rebels have comeback, thats not a sign of winning, thats a sign of struggle

Both have refused peace talks,

http://www.voanews.c...ks/1575567.html

The embattled Syrian government has welcomed any plans that would lead to peace talks to end the bloodshed in the country.

Prime Minister Wael al-Halaqi was responding Monday to the U.N.-Arab League envoy Lakhdar Brahimi, who said Sunday that he has a plan that is acceptable to world powers.

Brahimi said the plan calls for all sides in Syria to end hostilities, enter into a national dialogue, and form a transitional government leading to new elections. But the plan says nothing about the fate of President Bashar al-Assad, an omission that appears to have stalled its progress.

Rebels refuse to negotiate unless Assad steps down and leaves the country. The Syrian president insists on fighting what he calls "foreign-backed terrorists."

• Like 1

You do know that Britain sold Sarin gas to the Assad regime? the same gas used to fight Iran in the Iraq-Iran war?

no they didn't sell Sarin gas to the Assad regime.....go back and read the article that Helen of Annoy posted in another thread, again.

read it properly this time.

• Like 1

Paul: '50/50' chance that House will vote down Syria authorization

A leading skeptic of U.S. intervention in conflicts abroad said Sunday that he believes there is only a "50/50" chance that the GOP-controlled House will vote to authorize the use of U.S military force in the Syria.

"I think it's at least 50/50 whether the House will vote down involvement in the Syrian war," Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky said on NBC's Meet the Press.

"I think the Senate will rubber stamp what [Obama] wants but I think the House will be a much closer vote," he added. "And there are a lot of questions we have to ask."

Paul, a staunch defender of civil liberties who has battled against members of his own party over the government's use of drones and NSA data collection programs, said he believes it's a "mistake" to get involved in a civil war in Syria that could escalate "out of control."

But he praised President Barack Obama's announcement Saturday that he will seek congressional authority for military intervention in the civil war-torn country.

Other influential GOP leaders also indicated Sunday that Obama may lose the vote.

Link: http://presspass.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/01/20280427-paul-5050-chance-that-house-will-vote-down-syria-authorization

• Like 1

I do think the UN is pretty much corrupt -- at least the bureaucracy. Therefore sending in "inspectors" doesn't mean anything -- they will go with whoever has the best bribe (in this case probably not money up front but later).

• Like 1

I do think the UN is pretty much corrupt -- at least the bureaucracy. Therefore sending in "inspectors" doesn't mean anything -- they will go with whoever has the best bribe (in this case probably not money up front but later).

they sent in " observer " before by the " arab leauge "

who a child died on their car hood .. and did not mention it on report although it was caught on tape

turned out syrian government of animals .. bribed " Al Dabi " the head of observers team

and one of the team " defected " because the results were mainpulated for syrian government favor

we are dealing with disgusting government .. a mafia if you will

and soon we will rid our streets and our homes and our whole country of their filth

freedom to syria !

Ron Paul seems to have his finger on the pulse....

I can only imagine the debate that must be raging through American politics right now... and the American public...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuShO_JkAwg[/media]

The best President America never had..

• Like 3

I can actually respect Obama for asking Congress.

• Like 1

Then Obama would have clearly demonstrated what he set out to prove two years ago: Congress is incapable of acting, even then when crimes against humanity are committed right in front of their eyes.

That such crimes have been committed seems to be uncontroversial, but the question still remains "who committed that (or those) crime(s)." Without a target, any military action taken amounts to a war crime itself, and reports I have read are that several US congresspersons and Senators have been given classified briefings of the "intelligence" the Administration is touting as evidence, but remain unconvinced.

As for Obama and his action of "passing the buck", I applaud him in giving congress a vote on this matter. While his intention in doing so may be as you claim, the result is a victory for democracy and should serve as a reminder to the American people that the President is not a "benign dictator", but is merely the titular head of a democratic political machine. No head of a democratic state should be able to commit that state upon any course of action without the democratic mandate to do so.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

That such crimes have been committed seems to be uncontroversial, but the question still remains "who committed that (or those) crime(s)." Without a target, any military action taken amounts to a war crime itself, and reports I have read are that several US congresspersons and Senators have been given classified briefings of the "intelligence" the Administration is touting as evidence, but remain unconvinced.

the same ones who destroyed 1.7 home

the same ones who used " scud " missiles against civilians areas

the same ones greedy enough they are willing to kill all syrian people just so they can cling to the power and wealth

but tis satan dream of living in heaven is the same dream of government staying in power

throughout history we always fought and kicked out any one who humiliate us

the french .. the turks , and now the iranians and russians presented in current government

and tomorrow no matter who it's going to be trying to dictate us .. our answer will always be with smack on their heads