Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunter reports 'red-eyed' Bigfoot in Quebec

UM-Bot

Melvin Georgekish believes that he witnessed not one, but two of the creatures in a remote forest.

Georgekish had been driving his pick-up truck along a road through the woods near Wemindji in Northern Quebec when he witnessed \'two pairs of red eyes\' staring at him from the trees at the side of the road. Turning his truck around a short time later he returned to the same spot to investigate but whatever it was that had been watching him appeared to have long gone.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/253925/hunter-reports-red-eyed-bigfoot-in-quebec

• Like 2

"Red eyes"?? Maybe Bigfoot needs some Visine eye drops....

• Like 3

So, two Bigfoot each standing on one leg that then teleported out of the area not leaving any other footprints.

Also, odd that he would say that "no animal" has red eye shine given that black bears have it (especially when they are hit by very bright light - i.e. headlights) and there are black bears all over Quebec. Guess he never hunts at night

Sounds legit.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 7

I can report seeing a flying-blue-eyed-fire-breathing donkey, but if I don't have any real proof of it(or evidence,if you prefer), then it's just talk.

Edited by ancient astronaut
  • Like 2

I can report seeing a flying-blue-eyed-fire-breathing donkey, but if I don't have any real proof of it(or evidence,if you prefer), then it's just talk.

True, but no doubt someone will believe you and claim lack of evidence proves a government cover up
  • Like 6

"It's like a human foot, but way bigger than a human foot. Wider, too."

That would be our Guy! Biggerfoot...aka...Widertoo...

• Like 4

So, two Bigfoot each standing on one leg that then teleported out of the area not leaving any other footprints.

Also, odd that he would say that "no animal" has red eye shine given that black bears have it (especially when they are hit by very bright light - i.e. headlights) and there are black bears all over Quebec. Guess he never hunts at night

Sounds legit.

Owls too. Which could be at the "right" bf height on a branch. And if you think you saw bigfoot, then you could be inclined to think you saw its footprints too.

Humans get red-eye from flash photography, right? Isn't it the result of the pupil not closing fast enough when light flashes from a camera? Wouldn't this be similar, a bright car passing by quickly and the night vision of BF not reacting fast enough to prevent the red eye?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eye_effect

I'm not sure I get what he's saying, it could be a translation thing French to English. However, there are all manner of known creatures that their eyes reflect red. Hell, my cat's eyes reflect red.

Most primates, including humans, lack a tapetum lucidum or the reflective layer in the eye. I would therefore posit that given the size of the animal, this person was likely seeing a bear whose eyes can reflect red in the dark.

• Like 1

Humans get red-eye from flash photography, right? Isn't it the result of the pupil not closing fast enough when light flashes from a camera? Wouldn't this be similar, a bright car passing by quickly and the night vision of BF not reacting fast enough to prevent the red eye?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-eye_effect

I was wondering the same, but camera flashes are quite fast, 1/1000th to 1/200th of a second, and the effect I believe requires a very acute angle of reflection too.

• Like 1

I was wondering the same, but camera flashes are quite fast, 1/1000th to 1/200th of a second, and the effect I believe requires a very acute angle of reflection too.

Just to clarify, fastest flash sync speed i know of is 1/250 of a second. If there is a faster one out there lemme know and i'll be sure and snag it up :tu:

Why no one has raised the issue of "NO PICS" is a bit of a surprise.

It is an interesting story, but all it is is a story. If he found prints, where are the pics?

Oh, well.

Just to clarify, fastest flash sync speed i know of is 1/250 of a second. If there is a faster one out there lemme know and i'll be sure and snag it up :tu:

Sorry, I did mean flash duration. I do think some DSLRs with leaf shutters have upwards of 1/800th of a second for sync speed, but you are right that 1/250th is the norm.

never trust a quebecer

or a guy in a tunic

never trust a quebecer

or a guy in a tunic

....or stockings and garter belt.

What?

:blush: