Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU weakened by Eastern European countries?

Elfin

Elfin,

I think I need to answer you on slave abolishiment. If you desire we can discuss in detail. To me its amazing subject.

Abolishment of slavery was first done in Republic of Dubrovnik in 1416.

Nevertheless on global scale I understand what you mean. However, abolishment of slavery doesnt mean abolishment of racial thinking.

Slavery is legacy of Brittish empire. Ask any historian. Then again you are one so I know you would understand.

Big Bad Voodoo

Why did the EU expand to annex the Eastern European countries? We get Poles, Romanians, Bulgarians and all sorts of others flocking to our country in millions, taking jobs and using our social services. What benefit does this give to Britain?

those people actually work for low wages. British people who dont work are just lazy and want short hours and high pay

• Like 1

those people actually work for low wages. British people who dont work are just lazy and want short hours and high pay

Nixon,

there is no rational treat from invading low wages workers. If you desire I could expand.

Big Bad Voodoo

Nixon,

there is no rational treat from invading low wages workers. If you desire I could expand.

Big Bad Voodoo

Companies nowadays want low wages to workers so they can save money and pay their top bosses ££££££ all that greed. Unfortunately when i read on Facebook i see sometimes "But think of the money" not because they like the job, if you dont like it leave...But getting people for low wages and slave hours does not bother companies

Companies nowadays want low wages to workers so they can save money and pay their top bosses ££££££ all that greed. Unfortunately when i read on Facebook i see sometimes "But think of the money" not because they like the job, if you dont like it leave...But getting people for low wages and slave hours does not bother companies

Point is that your goverment can deal with it if they found that is treating economy and your people.

Big Bad Voodoo

Elfin,

During Waterloo you were united with Germans against French. In early 1800s in Germany were 39 states which now consist Germany. Bavaria alone was as Belgium today. At that time Germany called England "Land without music and philosophy".

However they admired Shakspeare. But on else you were 3rd world country for them. Yes you have had Oxford. But Germany was state par excellence. They have had scientists, schools system, music (please check history of german music) and hard core philosophers.

In Germany flourished nice architecture, museums, cultural richness, Goethe. London didnt have that at that time. Germany was power.

Then Benjamin Disraeli feared about rise of new power -Germany.

Germany and England like eachother only because other isnt French. But when French and Napoleon were defeated things changed.

Prussians occupied France in Franco-Prussian war. Done crimes,shot civilians. It was revange.

German education was stuning. Freedom of knowledge. Hegel as professor.They were foundation of modern science. English were behind. Oxford was in middle ages. Humboldt was founder of Berlin university in 1810. Then Kaiser start to build military navy, battle ships.

They have right to have colonies same as British done it but British saw them as a treat.

For some in 1914 Germanophobia started but fact is that it started way before.

Riddle of sands its novel published in 1871. In it Germans inavding England. It show fear.

In 1906 it was published book Invasion 1910. It was serail in Dailymail. Dailymail was selled by sellers dressed like Prussian soldiers with spiked helmets. It was mass histeria. Also Boer wars (where British in my opinion done horrible crimes and Germans supported offical government) Crowe memo. Bismarck. Then WW1 happened.

Germans gave British art,literature,music,philosophy and fear of invasion.

German philosophy is greatest with Greeks, Romans, Dutch... Ofcourse Brittish have had philosophers. To me three big. But you need to set up into German skin.

Just look what wiki say about German empire:

"German Empire operated as an industrial, technological and scientific giant, receiving more Nobel Prizes in science than Britain, France, Russia and the United States combined."

So yes England was 3rd world country to Germans. Thats why you have mass hysteria of Germans.

Big Bad Voodoo

I honestly don't give a **** about German philosophy. It's the best soporiphic I know of. To us, the Germans are a humorless, beligerent and intolerant race, with whom we have nothing in common. They know nothing about love, compassion, or the truly meaningful things in life. They only care about power, war and exterminating those weaker than themselves. Or at least, that's our impression of them. We don't like them.

I honestly don't give a **** about German philosophy. It's the best soporiphic I know of. To us, the Germans are a humorless, beligerent and intolerant race, with whom we have nothing in common. They know nothing about love, compassion, or the truly meaningful things in life. They only care about power, war and exterminating those weaker than themselves. Or at least, that's our impression of them. We don't like them.

You dont know them. Ever been in October fest? Nice beer. Nice women. Nice people. Nice food.

They are not like that at all as you described. Just opposite.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo
  • Like 1

You dont know them. Ever been in October fest? Nice beer. Nice women. Nice people. Nice food.

They are not like that at all as you described. Just opposite.

Big Bad Voodoo

I don't know them, and I don't want to know them.

And I thought you have same origin. Saxons.

Why you dont want to know them?

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

And I thought you have same origin. Saxons.

Big Bad Voodoo

Why?

The Anglo-Saxons came from an area that was later absorbed into the High German speaking area. Anglo-Saxo is a Low Germanic dialect.

I don't want to know a nation that has tried to destroy my country twice, and has launched the most destructive wars in history.

The Anglo-Saxons came from an area that was later absorbed into the High German speaking area. Anglo-Saxo is a Low Germanic dialect.

I don't want to know a nation that has tried to destroy my country twice, and has launched the most destructive wars in history.

Elfin,

I will not try to change your mind. Just want to tell you that Brittish also done horrible and terrible things. Does that mean Brittish are monsters? No.

Situation in Germany was that no one dared to say word against Furher. Night of Long knives deleted all competition.

As I said to you Nazi were Germans but Germans were not Nazi. Many people try to assassinate Furher.

Yes it was madness but Germans are not Nazi anymore at all.

Big Bad Voodoo

• Like 1

Elfin,

I will not try to change your mind. Just want to tell you that Brittish also done horrible and terrible things. Does that mean Brittish are monsters? No.

Situation in Germany was that no one dared to say word against Furher. Night of Long knives deleted all competition.

As I said to you Nazi were Germans but Germans were not Nazi. Many people try to assassinate Furher.

Yes it was madness but Germans are not Nazi anymore at all.

Big Bad Voodoo

The Germans are a people who will follow orders and be told what to do. No Hitler could ever have come to power in England. This is because the English are a free people, and invented free institutions for themselves 1500 years ago, probably our greatest legacy to the rest of the world. The Germans have never known freedom until recent times, and didn't really know what to do with it the first time round.

But isnt that reason to know them? Hatred is like fire stone. By holding it you will get burn. Not person you hate.

Big Bad Voodoo

But isnt that reason to know them? Hatred is like fire stone. By holding it you will get burn. Not person you hate.

Big Bad Voodoo

I don't hate them. I just don't want to know them.

I don't hate them. I just don't want to know them.

I see. Well Elfin, if you have more question about OP be free to ask. I will gladly respond to your posts.

Its all about mutual benefit. Profit. Interests. Be free to ask any specific situation.

Big Bad Voodoo

I see. Well Elfin, if you have more question about OP be free to ask. I will gladly respond to your posts.

Its all about mutual benefit. Profit. Interests. Be free to ask any specific situation.

Big Bad Voodoo

If it's all about mutual benefit, profit and interests, then it's a very tawdry thing indeed.

It doesn't really matter much anyway. The UK will be having a referendum soon to leave the EU. I don't think there's very much doubt which way the vote will go. Let's see how well the EU survives without the massive British subsidy and the London financial markets.

If it's all about mutual benefit, profit and interests, then it's a very tawdry thing indeed.

It doesn't really matter much anyway. The UK will be having a referendum soon to leave the EU. I don't think there's very much doubt which way the vote will go. Let's see how well the EU survives without the massive British subsidy and the London financial markets.

EU will go trough turmoil period.True. But UK will gone trough worst crysis. Your economy in that case will fall down. Sakoku policy isnt good for economy.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

EU will go trough turmoil period.True. But UK will gone trough worst crysis. Your economy in that case will fall down. Sakoku policy isnt good for economy.

Big Bad Voodoo

As someone who takes a keen interest in history I can tell you that the English are at their best when their backs are against the wall.

As someone who takes a keen interest in history I can tell you that the English are at their best when their backs are against the wall.

No one say that you will not recovered eventually. But different science called Economy say that UK would have greater and better chances in EU.

Anyway it is your call.

Big Bad Voodoo

Ououou stop right there. I rather have one german friend then thousands of non germans. They will never ever let you down. As for the humor, they have a greate sense of humor but one has to live there to understand.

• Like 3

You might not like them - I don't have a problem with them at all, thanks.

• Like 2

The referendum will be in 2017 if the Conservatives win again, which I doubt.

I think the UK could do very well without the EU if they can keep the strong trading links with other EU countries, just like Norway have done, for example, but if the split is not 'amicable' then the UK could loose lots of revenue, especially the smallest companies as export could become too costly for them. Let's not forget that to export the Uk will have to abide by the EU regulations and standards anyway. If the split is a friendly one, then the UK could thrive just like Norway and Switzerland.

And then there's politics: without Brussels, Berlin and Paris the Uk might find itself sidelined from big transnational issues. Do we really want to live isolated from the rest?

And Elfin, I've travelled and lived in many countries and I can honestly say that there are good and bad people in every nationality and I have learned that stereotyping is just ignorance.

Edited by Aggie
  • Like 1

The referendum will be in 2017 if the Conservatives win again, which I doubt.

I think the UK could do very well without the EU if they can keep the strong trading links with other EU countries, just like Norway have done, for example, but if the split is not 'amicable' then the UK could loose lots of revenue, especially the smallest companies as export could become too costly for them. Let's not forget that to export the Uk will have to abide by the EU regulations and standards anyway. If the split is a friendly one, then the UK could thrive just like Norway and Switzerland.

And then there's politics: without Brussels, Berlin and Paris the Uk might find itself sidelined from big transnational issues. Do we really want to live isolated from the rest?

And Elfin, I've travelled and lived in many countries and I can honestly say that there is good and bad people in every nationality and I have learned that stereotyping is just ignorance.

If being sidelined from big international issues means not having to fight any more wars, then I think that's a good thing.

The companies that used to sell to Europe can instead sell to our own people, who will no longer be buying stuff from Europe.

If being sidelined from big international issues means not having to fight any more wars, then I think that's a good thing.

The companies that used to sell to Europe can instead sell to our own people, who will no longer be buying stuff from Europe.

It's not that simple. Many products are not made/grown/manufactured in here so we'll still have to import but if we export less then many small companies will have to shut.

Like I say, Norway is not part of the EU but they have agreements with them so they can carry on importing and exporting and everybody is happy. If the Uk 'divorces' the EU completely, then we'll suffer.

And being sidelined doesn't mean no more wars cause the UK will always be part of Nato.

• Like 1