Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thoughts on ancient celestial visitors

ambelamba

I gotta admit. Such myths are spread around the globe. I am not gonna deny that.

But one thing that you guys are missing is that the similarities between those myths are...non-existent beyond the visiting part.

Many of you guys surely know about this Anunnaki or Flying Nookie or Naughty Space Kitties or whatever. And the popularization of this thing alone makes me really hate that Nibiru hack guy. This guy conveniently ignore the fact that those celestial visitor myths are not quite universal.

In that myth those things came to Earth to use human for...mining gold? And if that really happened similar myths could be pretty much around the whole world. But that's definitely not the case.

In some visitor myths, they come down to Earth for a genuinely benign reason. In my people's myth, a son of Celestial Ruler LOVED PEOPLE ON EARTH so much so he begged his father to go down to Earth to enlighten them. Where's the gold-farming part fit in?

• Like 1

I thought the story went the annunaki came down to mine gold, didnt wanna do the back breaking work so genetically engineered man and made him mine the gold. edit to add to save there planet.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

My thoughts are that I think that ancient visits by ETs is possible, but I don't believe the Annunaki created mankind to mine gold.

I'd ask, "Where are these gold mines?" and "Where is the fossil record showing a sudden morphology change?"

And Nibiru is just impossible. Well... not impossible, but very, very, very close. Like the same odds as winning all the state and federal lotterys every time for a couple year kind of impossible. The chance exists, but it approaches zero.

• Like 1

I gotta admit. Such myths are spread around the globe. I am not gonna deny that.

But one thing that you guys are missing is that the similarities between those myths are...non-existent beyond the visiting part.

Many of you guys surely know about this Anunnaki or Flying Nookie or Naughty Space Kitties or whatever. And the popularization of this thing alone makes me really hate that Nibiru hack guy. This guy conveniently ignore the fact that those celestial visitor myths are not quite universal.

In that myth those things came to Earth to use human for...mining gold? And if that really happened similar myths could be pretty much around the whole world. But that's definitely not the case.

In some visitor myths, they come down to Earth for a genuinely benign reason. In my people's myth, a son of Celestial Ruler LOVED PEOPLE ON EARTH so much so he begged his father to go down to Earth to enlighten them. Where's the gold-farming part fit in?

Translation:

Someone please tell me about all the worlds myths that involve or are similar to gold-farming

Translation:

Someone please tell me about all the worlds myths that involve or are similar to gold-farming

From what I gather this idea is put forth by Zach Sitchen,and perpetuated by Lyod Pye,and Michael Tellinger.

I think Sitchen made allot of things up like the planet of the crossing called Nibiru for instance.The whole notion behind what he says is ridiculous in my opinion,but look it up to find out more.

Basicly the Sumerian texts say that the Anunnaki made Man,because they did not want to do the labor for making daily bread.

Below is the basis of the lore of this subject.

Aliens came here about 200,000 years ago (modern man came into being),messing with Hominid DNA (make slightly more intelligent) to make farmers,and laborers for raw mineral extraction (not just Gold) to beef up an Alien fleet.

These Aliens would be seen as Gods that (the origin of the Pantheon of Gods of old) would have a priest class to act as mediators to the labor class us.The Aliens meet their qouta,and leave.The left behind priest class have been using religion as control,and division ever since with keeping a tight bloodline.

You can go on Google Earth,and see weird structures in Africa that is attributed to this ancient operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fNV63-6nVY

I thought the story went the annunaki came down to mine gold, didnt wanna do the back breaking work so genetically engineered man and made him mine the gold. edit to add to save there planet.

If the Annunaki were so advanced to have flown to our Planet in spaceships or whatever mode of transport available to them, they could have as well created mining equipment to mine the gold than use human slave labor.

The above is valid only if there were "Annunaki" as ET. else..Annunaki & their rocket ships were just a figment of imagination of sitchin.

Edited by The_Spartan

there is no sumerian text describing gold and their gods. it was a lie by the fictional book writer sitchin. he had no background in ancient languages and his only degree he has is in journalism. never believe a journalist over a real archaeologist. heres the web page where you can look up any sumerian word and where its mentioned in the texts. http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/etcsl.cgi ... if you find one passage where the speak of this gold myth, link it here so everyone can see it.

• Like 1

there is no sumerian text describing gold and their gods. it was a lie by the fictional book writer sitchin. he had no background in ancient languages and his only degree he has is in journalism. never believe a journalist over a real archaeologist. heres the web page where you can look up any sumerian word and where its mentioned in the texts. http://etcsl.orinst....i-bin/etcsl.cgi ... if you find one passage where the speak of this gold myth, link it here so everyone can see it.

Thanks for the input. But the sad thing is that there are a lot of folks in here who can't even process what you said.

That being said, I once had a conversation with this on-set security guy when I was working for this comedy show produced by Ryan Seacrest. That security guy was pretty much brow deep into conspiracy theories. I tried my best to present him some different perspectives, mainly from non-western cultures, but seems like this guy didn't even really react to what I said.

For example, I tried to tell him that this anunnaki thing is not a universal myth and there are very different accounts of these 'celestial people', but this guy didn't even acknowledge it. Even worse, he didn't react to it at all.

• Like 1

I remember a guy who worked next to me in Austin, Texas. He would go on and on about conspiracies. One day I had had enough of the loud proselytizing. He was into a lame story about carburetors that could get over 150mpg but the oil companies had them locked out of sight. I asked him why the Japanese were not using the devices. He responded with Big Oil. I told him Japan imports all of their oil and could lower their costs if this device he hinted at really existed. I asked him why anti-oil consumption groups did not release this device to the public. He told me that the ebil gummint was in on it too. I told him China could release the device. He was so set in his ways that he would have none of this questioning his position.

I think there are many people that find it easy to accept ideas without questioning them. I once read in a journal paper that there is a large percentage of the human population that will readily accept an idea if it challenges anything they regard as an authority figure. It might be a business, or government, or individual, or even something as vague as the educational process.

If someone like a Sitchin tells them all of history and archaeology is wrong and that aliens made humans from apes and taught them language and how to mine gold and live on an unknown planet in the solar system, these people latch onto that and won't let go. So challenging their position with simple questions just makes them think it is nonsense because some authority points out the trivial failures in the scenario.

Another failure for Sitchin is his planet has impossible, not improbable, but impossible properties. It is supposed t have a highly eccentric orbit. I believe it was Shoemaker that showed that when such a planet passes close to the Sun there is a transfer of momentum that reduces the eccentricity of the orbit. With a solar system over 4By old, the planet would have either been ejected or would have moved to an orbit which is not highly eccentric. In addition, no Earth sized planet can exist within 320AU. If one were there it would have been detected by Project PAN-STARRS a long time ago. This is supposed to be a Jupiter sized planet so it would have been discovered if it were within 2100AU. That's 50x the distance to Pluto.

• Like 3

If the Annunaki were so advanced to have flown to our Planet in spaceships or whatever mode of transport available to them, they could have as well created mining equipment to mine the gold than use human slave labor.

The above is valid only if there were "Annunaki" as ET. else..Annunaki & their rocket ships were just a figment of imagination of sitchin.

Yeah thats where the story falls flat, I mean because like you said if there so advanced why did they need to make humans in the first place

From what I gather this idea is put forth by Zach Sitchen,and perpetuated by Lyod Pye,and Michael Tellinger.

I think Sitchen made allot of things up like the planet of the crossing called Nibiru for instance.The whole notion behind what he says is ridiculous in my opinion,but look it up to find out more.

Basicly the Sumerian texts say that the Anunnaki made Man,because they did not want to do the labor for making daily bread.

Below is the basis of the lore of this subject.

Aliens came here about 200,000 years ago (modern man came into being),messing with Hominid DNA (make slightly more intelligent) to make farmers,and laborers for raw mineral extraction (not just Gold) to beef up an Alien fleet.

Why would they need to "create" modern humans? Neanderthals had all the traits that were needed and had been around for 600,000 years. Neanderthals obviously bred with modern humans, so modern humans were not so different. Homo Erectus used fire and tools. Surely such a primitive homonid would have been a preferable slave to a smart aggressive breed like modern humans.

These Aliens would be seen as Gods that (the origin of the Pantheon of Gods of old) would have a priest class to act as mediators to the labor class us.The Aliens meet their qouta,and leave.The left behind priest class have been using religion as control,and division ever since with keeping a tight bloodline.

So, then, these gods would have been mining gold for almost that entire 200,000 years? That is a lot of mining. Or, maybe very ineffective/inefficient mining? Seems incredible that they missed so much of it that we've since found.

You can go on Google Earth,and see weird structures in Africa that is attributed to this ancient operation.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fNV63-6nVY[/media]

Those appear to be goat corrals to me. Even if they were gold mines, if they were more then 500 years old they would have been knocked down and buried by now. If they were 200,000 years old, they would be under 20 feet of dirt.

• Like 1

Sitchin ignored the fact that there was no celestial visitor myth, by the Sumerians, concerning Annunaki and a planet called Nibiru. The Anunna deities were actually gods of the underworld, not the sky, and Nibiru was an ancient name for Nippur, Iraq. What he did was reinterpret the facts to suit his fantasy and then find suckers to believe it hook, line and sinker. Sadly in many cases he succeeded.

cormac

• Like 3

"Why would they need to "create" modern humans? Neanderthals had all the traits that were needed and had been around for 600,000 years. Neanderthals obviously bred with modern humans, so modern humans were not so different. Homo Erectus used fire and tools. Surely such a primitive homonid would have been a preferable slave to a smart aggressive breed like modern humans."

Are modern Humans less in strength,and more mentaly capable than Neanderthals?A being that is weaker physicaly,and geneticaly prone to worship overlords though smarter would make a better slave with less chance of revolt.

"So, then, these gods would have been mining gold for almost that entire 200,000 years? That is a lot of mining. Or, maybe very ineffective/inefficient mining? Seems incredible that they missed so much of it that we've since found."

Gold mining is Sitchens story which I have not seen pointed out in the Sumerian texts.There are claims of old mines found with

what is said to show evidence of advanced techinques,but all I find is nondescript pictures,and holes in the ground.

What I am saying is that all raw minerals would be mined,and not just Gold.There are Copper mines of antiquity in Michigan USA

that had extensive amount of ore taken out.Do a search with the keywords "copper mine michigan bronze age",and see what you find.

"Those appear to be goat corrals to me. Even if they were gold mines, if they were more then 500 years old they would have been knocked down and buried by now. If they were 200,000 years old, they would be under 20 feet of dirt."

I do not think they are mines,and they have no visible doorways either.Something was going on with a massive scale,and it may have been just farming?Do a search "michael tellinger adam's calender",and see why he thinks they are 200,000 years old.

Edited by davros of skaro

I do not think they are mines,and they have no visible doorways either.Something was going on with a massive scale,and it may have been just farming?Do a search "michael tellinger adam's calender",and see why he thinks they are 200,000 years old.

Looking at Google Maps, I see there are plenty of trees and streams in the area. (Location = 5 km south east of Emthonjeni, South Africa) And that the ruins are mostly on hillsides. So those facts alone lead me to believe these are not 200,000 years old. Structures built on hillsides where it rains will always begin to slide downhill when abandoned. And the structure built in the valley are going to be buried. Yet these retain good circlular form. I'd guess that perhaps a city did exist here, made of low stone and earth walls, and rough grass built huts or tents, but my guess would be that it would only be 2 to 3 thousand years old. Maybe a lot less. Anything in hilly areas tends to get buried. More then a couple thousand years and we'd not see anything but smudges of denser concentrations of rocks where the ruins used to be.

Judging off the terrain and the apparent aridness, I'd say it was not farming that was going on here, but animal herding. Even if we assume a much better climate in ancient times, we're then going to have to say that erosion would have been that much quicker to remove the ruins.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Looking at Google Maps, I see there are plenty of trees and streams in the area. (Location = 5 km south east of Emthonjeni, South Africa) And that the ruins are mostly on hillsides. So those facts alone lead me to believe these are not 200,000 years old. Structures built on hillsides where it rains will always begin to slide downhill when abandoned. And the structure built in the valley are going to be buried. Yet these retain good circlular form. I'd guess that perhaps a city did exist here, made of low stone and earth walls, and rough grass built huts or tents, but my guess would be that it would only be 2 to 3 thousand years old. Maybe a lot less. Anything in hilly areas tends to get buried. More then a couple thousand years and we'd not see anything but smudges of denser concentrations of rocks where the ruins used to be.

Judging off the terrain and the apparent aridness, I'd say it was not farming that was going on here, but animal herding. Even if we assume a much better climate in ancient times, we're then going to have to say that erosion would have been that much quicker to remove the ruins.

I do not have any data on the climate history which plays a role in wether how much soil accumulation there was.I am just pointing out the lore while keeping an open mind,and to point out scrutiny.The stone circles are all enclosed with inner enclosures which is strange.Here is a thread on the subject. http://www.unexplain...ic=229611&st=15

Unfortunately there is no major money put to it's study,and there is hokum attributed to it to fit Zacheria Sitchen's very questionable translations of Sumerian Cuneiform writing.There have been attempts to determine the age of these structures

like Lichen growth,ArcheoAstronomy etc etc.Keep in mind Gobleki Tepe temple site in Turkey is said to be 12,000 years old,and said to have been intentionaly buried.That site has limited funds for it's excavation as well.

Here is a helicopter view of these strange circles.I can see some that do look buried.They look kinda esoteric than function?Definately deserves more serious study rather than by Sitchen followers.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by davros of skaro

I am surprised that Is unknown the fact that the entire scientific world looking for planet x. Apparently there is one that jutifies some misbehaves and influence over pther planets in our solar system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planets_beyond_Neptune

Another failure for Sitchin is his planet has impossible, not improbable, but impossible properties. It is supposed t have a highly eccentric orbit. I believe it was Shoemaker that showed that when such a planet passes close to the Sun there is a transfer of momentum that reduces the eccentricity of the orbit. With a solar system over 4By old, the planet would have either been ejected or would have moved to an orbit which is not highly eccentric. In addition, no Earth sized planet can exist within 320AU. If one were there it would have been detected by Project PAN-STARRS a long time ago. This is supposed to be a Jupiter sized planet so it would have been discovered if it were within 2100AU. That's 50x the distance to Pluto.

Edited by qxcontinuum

I am surprised that Is unknown the fact that the entire scientific world looking for planet x. Apparently there is one that jutifies some misbehaves and influence over pther planets in our solar system.

http://en.wikipedia...._beyond_Neptune

Apparently you're not quite up to speed with what "the entire scientific world [is] looking for". Because I can assure you the whole scientific world is not, in fact, wasting their time looking for unknown super-Jovian worlds that somehow evolved sentient life comparable to humans in some manner of vastly eccentric orbit.

...unless you think Doctor Who is a documentary. But then you'd be calling Planet X Mondas.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Well, some of them, then :)

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia...._beyond_Neptune

Do you miss the part of the wiki page that is titled "Planet X disproved"?

The Voyager II flyby of Neptune showed that the cause of the search for planet X was due to a small error in the mass of Neptune. You might think 0.5% is small, but for Neptune that is the mass of Mars. Once corrected, the model of solar system behaved as the solar system is observed. Thus the oddities that started the search no longer existed.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 2

He he , read below as well on the wiki page starting from here

Subsequent proposed trans-Neptunian planets[edit source | editbeta]

Although most astronomers accept that Lowell's Planet X does not exist, a number have revived the idea that a large unseen planet could create observable gravitational effects in the outer Solar System. These hypothetical objects are often referred to as "Planet X", although the conception of these objects may differ considerably from that proposed by Lowell.[47][48]

Edited by qxcontinuum