Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN Chemical Weapon report-Syria

Mr.United_Nations

http://www.un.org/ap...1=#.Ujdlm9J6YrZ

The report concludes that it was Sarin gas, was used over a large scale of the area, Missiles were used (few websites and users said it was small, in canisters). Blood samples and interviews were taken.

Its 38 pages long

http://www.un.org/di...vestigation.pdf

So it will take sometime to read it.

Thoughts?

For any doubts, the rockets were travelling South East, suggesting that the orison was North West. The Syrian Army is in control of that area

800px-State_Department_map_of_Gouta_chemical_attack.svg.png

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

What new?

For any doubts, the rockets were travelling South East, suggesting that the orison was North West. The Syrian Army is in control of that area

Except it makes perfect sense for a false flag too. If someone wanted to frame the Syrian Army, they would launch the attack from an area that the Syrian Army "controls".

It doesn't mean anything. It may not even be the Rebels or the Syrian Army. Anyone could have done it.

Edited by Eluus
  • Like 4

What new?

Except it makes perfect sense for a false flag too. If someone wanted to frame the Syrian Army, they would launch the attack from an area that the Syrian Army "controls".

It doesn't mean anything. It may not even be the Rebels or the Syrian Army. Anyone could have done it.

"Control" usually is a self explanatory term. But if you mean you aren't convinced - what would it take? Nevermind...doesn't matter anyway. Nothing is going to be done about this except some slow roll theatre of the absurd that even Obama will know is silly. When it gets used in D.C. I'll not have much sympathy for the plight of the pols who have to start answering THOSE questions.

"Control" usually is a self explanatory term. But if you mean you aren't convinced - what would it take? Nevermind...doesn't matter anyway. Nothing is going to be done about this except some slow roll theatre of the absurd that even Obama will know is silly. When it gets used in D.C. I'll not have much sympathy for the plight of the pols who have to start answering THOSE questions.

The "Control" in a war situation in a place like Syria means nothing.

• Like 3

The "Control" in a war situation in a place like Syria means nothing.

The rebels have chemical weapons? We in the west gave them those weapons so we can build a pipeline, right? Risking future terror attacks for wealth I guess. Sorry, not buying any today.

The rebels have chemical weapons? We in the west gave them those weapons so we can build a pipeline, right? Risking future terror attacks for wealth I guess. Sorry, not buying any today.

It's a fact that rebels have the ingredients required to make Sarin Gas. Turkish Security forces captured Syrian Rebels who possessed those materials. Turkish prosecutors indicted Syrian rebels.

A court indictment by the Turkish prosecutors into the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Syrian rebels has once again highlighted fears this week that sarin toxic gas was used by the opposition and not the Assad government.

http://rt.com/news/t...al-weapons-850/

About the pipeline argument - Resorting to strawman now are we? :td:

Edited by Eluus
  • Like 4

When it gets used in D.C.?

Fear mongering.

• Like 4

It's a fact that rebels have the ingredients required to make Sarin Gas. Turkish Security forces captured Syrian Rebels who possessed those materials. Turkish prosecutors indicted Syrian rebels.

Your article from RT clearly states that these rebels were found possessing chemical precursors - NOT Sarin. This alone points to their need for the weapons NOT the weapons themselves. And the UN report mentions rockets delivering them - and over a wide area. I have no more proof than you do of who actually used these weapons. But I do not believe that the rebels have the sarin or the delivery system for it. Assad is quite capable of gassing his own people without remorse. In essence you are defending him and THAT sir, is no straw man.

When it gets used in D.C.?

Fear mongering.

Like those who tried to warn people before 9-11? What's wrong A-H? No one can speak about probabilities without being labelled now?

What new?

I agree.... anyone could have done it.

• Like 2

Like those who tried to warn people before 9-11? What's wrong A-H? No one can speak about probabilities without being labelled now?

Oh... you poor victim... always playing that card.

You just labelled Eluus as defending the Assad GOV........ which he clearly didn't.

His opinion just doesn't fit your Zionist narrative.

• Like 3

Your article from RT clearly states that these rebels were found possessing chemical precursors - NOT Sarin. This alone points to their need for the weapons NOT the weapons themselves. And the UN report mentions rockets delivering them - and over a wide area. I have no more proof than you do of who actually used these weapons. But I do not believe that the rebels have the sarin or the delivery system for it. Assad is quite capable of gassing his own people without remorse. In essence you are defending him and THAT sir, is no straw man.

I heard the rebels captured some Syrian government outposts that contained chemical weapons.

• Like 2

Oh... you poor victim... always playing that card.

You just labelled Eluus as defending the Assad GOV........ which he clearly didn't.

His opinion just doesn't fit your Zionist narrative.

No victim - just try to refrain from getting myself booted from this site for telling you what I really think of you. Something you seem to be undisciplined enough to match. Your opinions of me and my beliefs are well known to anyone who is a regular here. And I don't imagine they matter to them any more than they do to me. :)

In essence you are defending him and THAT sir, is no straw man.

I have never defended Assad. And THAT sir is another straw man. You're not so good at this are you? lol

I heard the rebels captured some Syrian government outposts that contained chemical weapons.

Un says all chemical sites are still government controlled

Did you read the report 350 litres was used? also you have not said apart from the direction of travel of the rest of the report

Having now read all of the report I find it a bit disturbing that they cannot agree on terminology. Outside of the report the UN has used the term ground to air missile, this is clearly an error, but what is the UN doing making errors about such an important matter. Within the report two terms for the munitions are used, ground to ground un-guided rocket and rocket artillery. I think we all know that a common term for battlefield tactical ground to ground rockets, or MLRS if you will, is "Katyusha", and we have an image in our minds of what such a system looks like. But what does this report mean by rocket artillery. BM/MLRS systems are rocket artillery, but the report suggests, and it is rather unclear, that they mean a munition fired out of the barrel of an artillery piece, a cannon for the military challenged. Surely this report is too important and serious for any vagueness like this. However, out of five identified impact sites, parts of munitions have been found at only two. The first being described as ground to ground rocket, and of not less than 140mm, but not much bigger. The second is descibed as ground to ground rocket or rocket artillery of 330mm. Syria uses two Soviet/Russian BM systems. BM-21 of 122mm and BM-27 of 220mm. So it can be seen that these munitions did not come from them. The only Soviet/Russian BM system close to the 330mm from the second site is the BM-30 which is 300mm, but Syria does not have this system. The report mentions that the first munition matches the characteristics of what they describe as an M-14 munition, and say Syria has these, but give no information about what system fires a munition with this designation. It is not the type of munition designation used by Soviets/Russians, to my knowledge, which is not infallible.

A further point I want to make is that the UN only identify five sites, and munitions for two, and both different types. Seems odd for so few impact sites and with different munitions. BM systems can fire multiple rockets in one go, why fire one rocket from one, as yet unidentified system, then one rocket from a second. The report gives no answers to this. I want to see this report forensically disected by experts before I am convinced of anything. This is not to say I deny chemical weapons were used, as it is clear that they were, but by who is not clear at all from this report. Supposed directions from which the rockets were fired, is only that, suppossed, as they cannot give clear evidence.

Edit to add that I know that is was not the purpose of the report to say who fired the rockets, but this report is just too vague about anything except the medical aspects, which I cannot comment on.

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 3

The mystery of the M-14 rocket is solved. Original M-14 is very old, though new versions are still used with a new designation and new warhead for some ship weapon systems. They were originally built for BM-14 system that is now a museum piece, and that it would still be used did not cross my mind. Syria has BM-14 systems. It should be noted that these old rockets for the BM-14 are wildly innacurate. The number 179 legible on the fragment found at site one show it was made in Novosibirsk, a long time ago.

Seems odd that the UN do not mention what systems may have been used, when they go into great detail on the medical aspects.

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 2

Please we all know who used it and that wasnt Assad. I dont usualy wrote big posts on politics but Im realy annoyed by blindness.

How all thing started. Oh Arab spring. What about Arab spring? Where are now all young intellectuals who wanted changes? Freedom and human rights. Look Tunisia, Egypt, Libya. Their revolution was stolen by Islam radicals and extremists who were backed by West imperialists. Why? Because it easier to control extremists, radicals, drug lords, gangs then society of strong middle class. Look Tunisia now and their democracy. Opposition is brutaly killed. Like Chok ri Belaid and Mohamed Brahmi. Syria didnt have debts to World Bank and IMF. Assad won elections by 70% votes. Libya is destroyed because resources. And Syria for geo political reasons. Look Damascus, Alepo, Homs. Syria have had free health insurance, free college, strong middle class. It was not democracy but please dont preach about democracy when you cooperate with Saudi Arabia, United Arabs Emirates, Bahrein and Qatar. And so called rebels or livereaters as Russians called them in Syria wanted to create Emirate, Caliphate. They were created by USA. Same as al Qaida. Now what about chemical weapons? USA, UK and France press say one thing, Russian, Syrian, Iran, Chinese press another. But we dont need to look what press wrote. Just use logic. Its often said that victims in Syria reached number 100 000. Well 35 000 of them are rebels or FSA or al Qaida. Now why would Assad kill 300 people with chemical weapon in suburb when in Damascus in Hotel Four Seasons is UN commission? When he already kill 100 000? It would be his strategic, moral, politic suicide. No sense in that. Also whats interesting that USA and UK tried to use nerv gas. There are indications that nerv gas was used by USA in Iraq at battle of Fallujah. World went blind when Saddam choked Iranians and Kurds with nerv gas produced in Europe. Why? Because it was best for USA interests. Anyway, if we ignore that Assad Syrian army have big morale and support of own people we can see that world decided to stop this madness. Russia, India, China, Argentina, Brazil all said no to attacks on Syria. Kurds in Syria support Saddam. Christians in Syria support Saddam. And from Iraq. Hezbollah support Assad. No one want al Qaida on throne. Except Obama puppet who dance as USA corparations wanted. USA work for long as corparation. Not state. Lobbists can gave money to congressman. Its in the law. Its legal corruption. Also as always in history-history play wild card. No one could predict that rebels would be that stupid and taped their war crimes and put it on youtube. Like where they eat hearts of dead people or execute prisoners. So media embargo was broken by own „forces“.Whats scary that British Minister of Foreign Affairs and USA secretary once said that they will not wait for UN report. Three permanent members of UN wanted attack on Syria without UN report. Sending message that UN is irelevant. Law and order dont mean nothing. UN was created when one country Nazi Germany was defeated for their idea of supreme race. Now winners of that war, who created UN, wanted to „destroy“ UN and conquer state. Same as Nazi Germany did. But Syria isnt Libya. China and Russia, also winners in WW II, didnt react on Libya because it was just for resources. But Syria is geo political matter. It has way on Med sea. Bordering with Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq, Turkey. Iran is close. Libya was energy story. Gadafi and Bengazi fell because they wanted that USA, France, UK pay their debts to Libya then to sign new contracts about concessions to oil. Gadafi fell, new goverment sign new contracts and now Libya is state without central goverment. State where military robbing. Tribes, gangs, terrorists rule the land. Fight for human rights led Libya to mediveal. We have al Qaida in Iraq, Islam brotherhood in Egypt, al Nusri or al Qaida in Syria. Chaos. Rebels inSyria kill among themselves for car on streets. Drug lords, al Qaida, Islam radicals. Syria is Eldorado for USA, French and UK corparations. Umayyad Mosque in Damascus have grave of St.John, near is grave of Kurd Salah al Din. If Syria fall Russia, Iran, China will be weaken. And USA, UK, France will prosper. Thats what is all about. Proxy war. With collateral victims Syrian people. It would be all right that USA, France and UK left Syria alone. 70% people support Assad in Syria. Wait next elections in 2014 and you will see who will win.

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo
  • Like 1

So again I will say that although I adore USA and beside Germany I see them as leaders of West world, Slavic people, Russians in case of Syria are totaly moraly right. They are lawfull.

Big Bad Voodoo

So again I will say that although I adore USA and beside Germany I see them as leaders of West world, Slavic people, Russians in case of Syria are totaly moraly right. They are lawfull.

Big Bad Voodoo

Well I guess you can blame the gulags and the purges on the Nazis then?

• Like 1

Well I guess you can blame the gulags and the purges on the Nazis then?

Or I can blame Guantanamo and expriments on women and children. Or conc camps in Transvaal?

Read post 20 rather to educate yourself little about theme you discuss.

Big Bad Voodoo

As always, cui bono. Who benefits from Syria being dismantled into small mutually distrustful states. It's all about "human rights" is it? cui bono...

• Like 1