Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Starbucks says don't bring your guns

Still Waters

The coffee chain Starbucks has asked its customers in the US to stop bringing guns into its outlets.

Starbucks has not imposed a ban, but says guns "should not be part of the Starbucks experience".

The firm has recently become a focus for the pro- and anti-gun lobby, with supporters of the right to carry arms holding a Starbucks Appreciation Day.

But it said it wanted to give customers "a safe and comfortable respite from the concerns of daily life".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-24142085

I have never had a Starbucks coffee, nor will I. They charged rescuers on 9/11 $130 for three cases of water. I can't believe any American would give them money.

• Like 5

I have never had a Starbucks coffee, nor will I. They charged rescuers on 9/11 $130 for three cases of water. I can't believe any American would give them money.

Why anyone would pay $8 for a cup of coffee, is beyond me.... I'm cheap though....

• Like 6

Well, paying the salaries they do they should be afraid of disgruntled employees with brain damages....

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of Starbucks, or any other chain either really.

But I can understand their point of view. If I owned stores, I'd like it too if it was the kind of place where no weapons of any kind are needed. But that's not the way life is, so sticking to local laws is a rather good idea.

Great to see the debate this thread was meant to start to into the 50 reasons I hate Starbucks thread.

Well, that's the thing about these threads....They rarely go in the expected direction.

• Like 1

one thing you got to give starbucks, their excelent marketing strategy. they sell "nothing special" coffee for 3x as much,and have no shortage of customers.

• Like 2

Starbucks goers could tip a bullet as a form of protest. A single round of .45 acp is about the coast of a 15 % tip on a drink. I just think it would be funny.

Not that I would ever see it, I am a soda man myself. I long for the return of soda jerks on every corner in the place of all the starbucks.

Edited by travelnjones

Starbucks goers could tip a bullet as a form of protest. A single round of .45 acp is about the coast of a 15 % tip on a drink. I just think it would be funny.

It might be a cultural thing, but that sounds rather intimidating to me.

• Like 1

maybe i meant it like dumping change in a cup. like giving an item of worth, that the person doesn't value but somehow says to them oh they didn't like this policy. More in the vein of the Paula Dean fans that are sending in butter wrappers in protest or the Roswell fans that sent in Tabasco in protest of their show being cancelled.

I found it interesting that they made a neutral statement. They didn't ban guns they just recommended people to not bring them in.

I never got anything for there anyways. Their coffee is so over priced. its robbery.

Good old paritsan Starbucks.

Needless to say, I don't drink too much coffee.. I drank a lot of Starbucks when I was younger.

There's something about coffee and reading, you know?

They can not expect my business any time soon.

Well I don't see why anyone would bring a gun into a coffee shop to begin with or am I missing something here? Did Starbucks previously provide somekind of shooting range for customers with guns? Oy vey!

• Like 1

Well I don't see why anyone would bring a gun into a coffee shop to begin with or am I missing something here? Did Starbucks previously provide somekind of shooting range for customers with guns? Oy vey!

What if some ordinary man or woman had come back from a firing range and had their concealed carry on them..

And then decided to spend their well earned money at Starbucks?

• Like 1

I just assumed that most places were like my home state - concealed carry only. If so then I can't imagine the problem. Of course if it's open carry I can see how it might make some folks uncomfortable. I have no problem with seeing someone with a handgun on display. It's the one's you can't see that you should maybe be concerned with :)

• Like 3

What if some ordinary man or woman had come back from a firing range and had their concealed carry on them..

They should simply keep it in their car and problem solved. It really shouldn't even be an issue. If they refuse, then they can take their well earned money some place else and viola! Problem solved.

Edited by Ever After
  • Like 2

I just assumed that most places were like my home state - concealed carry only. If so then I can't imagine the problem. Of course if it's open carry I can see how it might make some folks uncomfortable. I have no problem with seeing someone with a handgun on display. It's the one's you can't see that you should maybe be concerned with :)

Whether or not I can see it seems beside the point -- either way it can kill just as easy.

If that is the case, then they can! Starbucks did not BAN guns, which they very well could have. They have used their right to ASK customers not to bring them in. Pro-gun people should be applauding Starbucks for trying to support their belief while not stripping the rights of their customers.

• Like 4

Maybe Starbuck saw the amount of traffic that Chick Fil A got during the gay marriage dilemma a few months back and got the idea to get free publicity and more people to frequent their shop and increase sales...

I live in an open carry state. If I had a holstered pistol and walked into a Starbucks establishment, they could meet me at the door and suggest that my gun is not welcome and okay, I would go somewhere else. I probably also would never go in there again. TBH, I've never gone to Starbucks in my life, so it wouldn't be a big loss.

Edited because I need glasses to see the screen.

Edited by moonshadow60
  • Like 1

They could leave it secured in the car... Or go through the drive through...

• Like 2

Good old America... Where people are free to make their own decisions---except the decisions you don't agree with. Then they're evil dictators who have no right to make that decision because its unamerican to think that way. They can go **** themselves.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

if guns are concealed, than how would anyone know you have one?

leaving a gun in a car is a dumb advice, what if someone steals the car? than a gun would be in hands of criminals, exactly what gunhaters are bi.tc.ing about. not to mention, a person might be walking, or ride a bike.

Edited by aztek