Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

37 million dead bees in one Ontario farm

redhen

I like your positive take on it... but , honestly , i was thinking more along the lines of.... You get to pollinate 10 acres of cucumbers for FOODCO and you get to eat, that day.

The peanut pollination division will pay you in peanuts. Bees dying off is a very bad thing.. and it's being ignored ?

Hand pollination of rhododendrons looks interesting;

Bees dying off will be felt at our own expense, the implications are disastrous.

And bumblebees are not doing much better, granted they don't do as much as a average hive of honey bees ( their hives are much smaller and some plants have flowers that are just too small for a bumblebee) they seem to be slowly vanishing as well, and there is nothing in the news about that because nobody uses bumble bees for pollination ( therefore making money off them) except mother nature.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

and there is nothing in the news about that because nobody uses bumble bees for pollination ( therefore making money off them) except mother nature.

The ICUN has only recently formed a bumblebee group to do assessments as to their status.

The ICUN has only recently formed a bumblebee group to do assessments as to their status.

better late than never I guess, but as I have only seen two bumblebees this year it may already be too late in my area. OH and I just saw my fifth honey bee of the year today.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

• 3 weeks later...

I came home one day to a swarm of bees at my front door.There were thousands of them.I know it is not wise to walk into a swarm but I thought,well hell,this is my home & they gotta go somewhere else.I just very carefully walked through them saying" Hey sweeties,this is my house & I'm going inside to my home.They must have heard me because I had not one sting on my way in.Mind you I was fully clothed with a jacket & jeans etc coming from work.In the past couple of days prior,I had the experience of a bee near my workplace warehouse flying over & landing just below my eye on my face.I tried to keep my cool and he/she eventually flew off my face.PHEW! LOL!Maybe that was a scout that warned all other colonies that I was a friend! LOL Now I have a loquat tree in my backyard & I notice that many bees fly through it.I thought that there was a decline in Bee population ,but with this tree,I have faith that there still is a functioning Bee population & many colonies here in Sydney Australia.

when a honey bee stings something the stinger pulls out and it dies. When a hive of bees splits itself into two or more hives, the bees in the swarm all fill both their stomachs with honey. when they find the correct spot for a new hive this honey in the stomachs is what is going to keep them alive until the hive is established and producing their own food. Every bee that stings something is another chance for the hive to fail. normal honey bees know this and are not going to sting except as a last resort during a swarm, as far as African bees I don't know if this is true or not but for a fact when I had bees I stood in the middle of a swarm several times and collected them several times. Honey bees are fascinating to watch at close range.

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 1

It is an alarming trend that our propaganda mouthpieces...aka...the MSM is silent on.

I am convinced as another poster said that someone, somewhere knows exactly what is causing this. I am equally sure in my opinion that it has something to do with GMO or the insecticides mentioned earlier.

I guess this will give another genetics company an excuse to create a strain of genetically modified bees that will resist the insecticides...the sad side effect of this new strain of bees will be that their stings will be lethal to humans and livestock.

I live outside of town on a mountain and while I do notice a reduction in conventional honey bees, I do see a lot of bumble bees, carpenter bees, butterflies and hummingbirds, etc. they may not be as efficient as honey bees and, of course...they don't make the honey we all love...but they are capable, in a limited form, of carrying out the necessary task of pollination to the fruit trees and crops.

I read recently (can't remember where) that it's not just one pesticide, but a witches' brew of about nine.

• 1 month later...

Ironically, the common denominator is the Bee Keepers themselves and possibly something they themselves are putting in their hives that is causing bees to die. Obviously, it would be something seemingly innocuous, such as a commonly used substance to control mold and mildew.

Ironically, the common denominator is the Bee Keepers themselves and possibly something they themselves are putting in their hives that is causing bees to die. Obviously, it would be something seemingly innocuous, such as a commonly used substance to control mold and mildew.

Any beekeeper, with just two functioning neurons, tests any new product small scale first. You are playing with your livelihood when harm comes to your bees.

• Like 1