Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Remarkable bond: a woman and her pet lion

Still Waters

Animal lover Annel Snyman and her pet cat Timba exemplify the incredible bond that can grow between man and beast.

But Timba is no ordinary house cat. He's a hulking house lion that can polish of 9lbs of raw meat a day and could bite off her head any time he liked.

But Timba is really a big softie, and loves nothing more than to cuddle up to Annel on the sofa of their home in the Waterburg region of South Africa.

http://www.dailymail...ddles-sofa.html

Oh he is beautiful and what cat lover wouldn't want to snuggle up to him!! But yeah, bad idea really. Lions aren't pets, even when hand reared. I have a scar on my cheek from my pet kittie when I was a kid and she was ill and scratched me, can only imagine the damage a fully grown lion would do if it lashed out! I hope it all has a wonderful ending but sadly I don't think it will.

Edited by Moon Gazer
  • Like 1

Look at his eyes.That lion has an incredible soul .He will never hurt her .

I really really hope that is true, he is a beautiful animal. Unfortunately such powerful animals can cause serious injury without even meaning to.

• Like 1

I really really hope that is true, he is a beautiful animal. Unfortunately such powerful animals can cause serious injury without even meaning to.

^This, he may well claw her badly or chew through an artery just being "playful", not a good idea at all no matter how loving he may be 99% of the time.

^This, he may well claw her badly or chew through an artery just being "playful", not a good idea at all no matter how loving he may be 99% of the time.

I just watched Born Free last night .it was on TV.i hadn't seen it in years .

It can be done :)

Some animals just know ,and this woman seem very experienced .

I have faith in those eyes

I look at my cat and he has the same eyes. Until it's dinner time and I take a second too long to feed him. Then my ankle will get a clipping. :D

• Like 1

Hahaha. Yeah. Whatever you say. :rolleyes: