Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alec Guinness and James Dean

StarMountainKid

I usually don't post in these topics, but just now I was watching an interview of the actor Alic Guinness, and this is what he said in a part of the interview.

He was in Hollywood one evening with a lady friend looking for a restaurant to have dinner in. They came to an Italian restaurant, but it was full. As the walked away they heard footsteps behind them and it was James Dean, who had been eating in the restaurant and invited them to join him.

But first, Dean said he wanted to show them something. Parked in the courtyard was a little silver car that Dean had just bought. It was done up in cellophane with a bunch of roses on the hood. Guinness ask how fast does it go. Dean said about 150. Guinness asked, have you driven it yet, and Dean said no I haven't even been in it.

Then Guinness said that some strange thing came over him. In almost a different voice, Guinness said to Dean, please do not get into that car, it's now Thursday, because if you do, by next Thursday you'll be dead. They laughed about it, but on the next Thursday James Dean was killed driving that car.

This strides me as strange, an odd meeting of Guinness and Dean, who one would think would be an unusual meeting anyway.

The interview is on Youtube, and occurs about 25:30 in this interview video: 'Taking Pictures Alec Guinness'.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I recall reading that Guinness had a hobby of studying ancient shamans. Later this would help him land the role as the Indian mystic, Professor Godbole, in the 1984 move-Passage to India. I never heard about his encounter with James Dean but I find it very intriguing and it makes me wonder if his hobby opened him up to have some kind of vision of the future.

I don't see why the meeting would be that odd. Hollywood isn't that big of a place, especially if it was in an area with several nice restaurants.

As for the prediction, well, I didn't know Mr. Guinness, but perhaps he had a habit of being a bit dour on occasion? Who knows. It's not really that unusual for folks to see a hard living celebrity (as Dean was) and make a prediction that they're going to die in the near future. We've all done it. Heck, I would have bet even money that Charlie Sheen or Lindsay Lohan would have ended up a on a slab by now.

I usually don't post in these topics, but just now I was watching an interview of the actor Alic Guinness, and this is what he said in a part of the interview.

He was in Hollywood one evening with a lady friend looking for a restaurant to have dinner in. They came to an Italian restaurant, but it was full. As the walked away they heard footsteps behind them and it was James Dean, who had been eating in the restaurant and invited them to join him.

This has also been mentioned in another thread -

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262479