Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Glowing Red Eyes

The Logic of Illogic

I'm not to good with all the paranormal terminology, or anything really. I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me with figuring out what I have encountered growing up, i'll appreciate it heaps :)

Basically, all of these stories are mainly based on other peoples encounters involving me, because wierdly enough, I only remember snippets.

Ever since I was five (and upto about 12) people around me, and myself have had various encounters with this thing.

Firstly, When I was 5 at my old house I was having a sleepover with my sister (who was 7) her bestfriend and my best friend, over the years they have told me how they clearly remember feeling as if they were being watched and glancing at the window, and there it was, glowing red eyes without any distinguishible features. I remember, the red eyes were large, luminous (without reflection of light) and staring, and we couldn't help but stare back, freaked as we were.

Then when I was 8 my friend and I (at a new house) were sleeping in my bedroom (which I used to sleep with my door open) on a matress on the ground, and we got a bad vibe and looked up, and there it was in my DOORWAY. It did not step in the room, it just stared with those dreadful eyes, and we were both basically frozen, and about 15 seconds later it disappeared.

A few months before that she was also there to see it out my window in my front lounge.

The wierd thing is, after the encounter in my room , for years I did not remember it, speak of it or anything. But when I was 15 at school me and some mates were talking about creepy stories, and I told of the stories about seeing the red eyes out my window as a kid, and out my window, I could give few details, but I remembered. Then I went and visited my old school friend over the holidays a few years ago, and we were just talking about it casually, and she said "DUDE, DON'T YOU REMEMBER IT IN YOUR BEDROOM!?" from that point on, I thought, REEALLY hard, and I came up with an image and feeling (without any prompt from her) and then we basically pieced it togeather bit by bit, I'd say "was it from the perspective from my cupboard, on the floor facing the door" and even describing it, and it matched the image in my head. When describing how I felt, or what I remembered in motion, all I could really think of was the eyes and how I felt numb/terrified.

She remembered the whole thing crystal clear, but I only remembered an image. :\

There are also other times, like my sister saying how when she was young she'd see just eyes outside and used to think it may be bats or something, because bats have red eyes, but in my country, we only have fruit bats out in the country and their eyes dont glow, obviously :P

So yeah, Glowing red, slanted eyes with a type of dark area around it, couldnt make out a shape, and while I felt numb and terrified, Ellie just felt scared to the bone.

So help would be much appricated :) I've always wondered... thank you!

Edited by The Logic of Illogic
  • Like 2

ps. I've looked up the Mothman, but as I said with the no shape because of the darkness around it, I am not sure.

Edited by The Logic of Illogic

I believe it is the sleep paralysis entities i.e. shadow men

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

ps. I've looked up the Mothman, but as I said with the no shape because of the darkness around it, I am not sure.

That's what I thought when I first read your post. Sure sounds like it. Maybe the body was too dark to see. That is a strange site though. I've seen something similar so I do believe you saw something. Except for what I saw was on my old roof. Anyways it happened in you room right? Could it have been a waking dream or something? Like said before sleep Paralysis? Sounds exciting though. I hope you can get to the bottom of it. :)

I'm not to good with all the paranormal terminology, or anything really. I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me with figuring out what I have encountered growing up, i'll appreciate it heaps :)

Basically, all of these stories are mainly based on other peoples encounters involving me, because wierdly enough, I only remember snippets.

Ever since I was five (and upto about 12) people around me, and myself have had various encounters with this thing.

Firstly, When I was 5 at my old house I was having a sleepover with my sister (who was 7) her bestfriend and my best friend, over the years they have told me how they clearly remember feeling as if they were being watched and glancing at the window, and there it was, glowing red eyes without any distinguishible features. I remember, the red eyes were large, luminous (without reflection of light) and staring, and we couldn't help but stare back, freaked as we were.

Then when I was 8 my friend and I (at a new house) were sleeping in my bedroom (which I used to sleep with my door open) on a matress on the ground, and we got a bad vibe and looked up, and there it was in my DOORWAY. It did not step in the room, it just stared with those dreadful eyes, and we were both basically frozen, and about 15 seconds later it disappeared.

A few months before that she was also there to see it out my window in my front lounge.

The wierd thing is, after the encounter in my room , for years I did not remember it, speak of it or anything. But when I was 15 at school me and some mates were talking about creepy stories, and I told of the stories about seeing the red eyes out my window as a kid, and out my window, I could give few details, but I remembered. Then I went and visited my old school friend over the holidays a few years ago, and we were just talking about it casually, and she said "DUDE, DON'T YOU REMEMBER IT IN YOUR BEDROOM!?" from that point on, I thought, REEALLY hard, and I came up with an image and feeling (without any prompt from her) and then we basically pieced it togeather bit by bit, I'd say "was it from the perspective from my cupboard, on the floor facing the door" and even describing it, and it matched the image in my head. When describing how I felt, or what I remembered in motion, all I could really think of was the eyes and how I felt numb/terrified.

She remembered the whole thing crystal clear, but I only remembered an image. :\

There are also other times, like my sister saying how when she was young she'd see just eyes outside and used to think it may be bats or something, because bats have red eyes, but in my country, we only have fruit bats out in the country and their eyes dont glow, obviously :P

So yeah, Glowing red, slanted eyes with a type of dark area around it, couldnt make out a shape, and while I felt numb and terrified, Ellie just felt scared to the bone.

So help would be much appricated :) I've always wondered... thank you!

I just replied to a John above who also had an encounter with the red eyed dogmen. See here for all the details Dartmoor Beast Identified As New Species Of European Giant Hyrax?

Has anyone thought about this thing maybe being a cat??

• Like 3

Has anyone thought about this thing maybe being a cat??

That's actually a very good suggestion Blues Girl. The way cats eyes can reflect/glow in the dark can be a little spooky sometimes, and especially for children of the ages mentioned in the OPs post. :)

Some might call me crazy, but I was going to suggest it could've been car lights/brake lights reflecting on the walls/windows etc. But I like the cat idea better ;)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I had the same experience with glowing red eyes outside of my window. It was when I was in my bedroom, before I got into bed, or shortly after. After months of seeing these eyes, I finally got up the nerve to sneak over to my window and see what it was. It was my dad trying to look into my room (he had molested me). I was always a very intuitive little girl, I think as a survival technique mostly. But in a way, there always seemed to be a force in that house, one that came over him to make him a pedophile, and one that helped me survive it, and cause me to be wise beyond my years. I would always get "feelings" about when something was going to happen. There were also other things that happened in that house that was unexplainable. My mom had seen figures in the house, and my lamb chop puppet flew off of my bed post and into my face. I grew up in a very religious household and we would have a "prayer circle". One night we were all holding hands and praying at our kitchen table, when an unlit oil lamp flew up like 15 feet and came back down without breaking. Mom moved it after that to a high shelf in the kitchen. We were praying again one night and that same lamp flew towards us, yet it still didn't shatter. I totally believe in stuff like this. I don't believe the glowing red eyes can be explained by a physical mean. I think it def. has something to do with something outside of normal reasoning.

Cats don't have red eyes

they do if light is reflecting off their eyes. look for laser cat on google or charging mah lasers Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I know I'm just saying their eye color isn't red. That's why when they reflect light they're green.

cat_flash_eyes_by_luluxoria-d3kxxv7.jpg

eyes.jpg

• Like 1

Stop boring us with facts Brian Topp! We don't need no stinking photo-related factual evidence!

sorry, its just hard to adapt to peoples reality
  • Like 2

Ya I know I'm just saying their eye color isn't red. That's why when they reflect light they're green.

Apparently you don't know. And I'm not knocking you, but all animals eyes reflect colors. They are: red, blue, green and yellow. Depending on which way the light hit the eyes.

• Like 1

I can show you the different colors that any animals eyes reflect when hit with a beam of light. The angle determines the color. As well as that animals ability to see better in the dark. The light hit the blood in the back of the eye and will reflect a color.

Where I'm from, If you only see red, no matter what angle, then you need to get holy. Say your prayers to whoever, do what you need to or know to protect yourself.

What is it about having glowing red eyes that indicates the being is up to no good?

Yeah, What if red eyes is like traffic lights???

The color through the ages represents many thing. passion, lust, anger, among others.

As to what it means, from my people, it's a sign of imitation. Things that have red eyes are imitations of whatever animal they assuming. But there are other indicators of imitation not just red eyes.

The color through the ages represents many thing. passion, lust, anger, among others.

As to what it means, from my people, it's a sign of imitation. Things that have red eyes are imitations of whatever animal they assuming. But there are other indicators of imitation not just red eyes.

You say, your people, may i ask what religion or race are you?

Native American. As for religion, I'm more of a pagan, in that I pray to gods or those spirits that I come in contact with.

When I speak of imitations, I'm talking about shape shifters. I know, I know; that just opened a whole new can of worms. What I've learned and experienced throughout the years, is to spot these things, not just by red eyes, but by the way these people try to pass themselves off as a certain animal. Not every Native is a shape shifter, and even those who are medicine men or women aren't always shape shifters. But seeing one, in it's chosen animal form is easy to spot. They can't make the animals sounds like the true animal or they can't complete all the natural movements of the animal/s in question.

Native American. As for religion, I'm more of a pagan, in that I pray to gods or those spirits that I come in contact with.

When I speak of imitations, I'm talking about shape shifters. I know, I know; that just opened a whole new can of worms. What I've learned and experienced throughout the years, is to spot these things, not just by red eyes, but by the way these people try to pass themselves off as a certain animal. Not every Native is a shape shifter, and even those who are medicine men or women aren't always shape shifters. But seeing one, in it's chosen animal form is easy to spot. They can't make the animals sounds like the true animal or they can't complete all the natural movements of the animal/s in question.

Well, OK, I think I will take that under advisement.
  • Like 1