Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Aliens

Maureen_jacobs

The idea that there are sculptures in South America of space suits is old. It probably is older than the claims of Von Daniken, but it isn't true. There are lots of claims of ancient hammers. The llano hammer comes to mind. The dating of the llano hammer is claimed by young earth creationists to be billions of years old due tot he rock it is in. Actually, the rock is in an arkose which is old pieces of rock recently cemented together. The crystal skulls were made in Germany and claimed later on to be from Central America. The quartz, which is the crystal, has been traced back to European mines.

Yes, you've been subjected to scam sites. At least you can say that the sites wetted your interest in many things that you can learn about - learn the correct stories because it is fascinating.

is that all you have? really? how fascinating !

I dont know about you guys, but how do you really know it is scam sites? did you conduct the test yourself? Are you a scientist?

There are lots of archeologycal find in south america, that cant be explain, highly precision cut from the stone for example.

The technology used in that day must have minimal standard mathematic, physical, chemical, geology wich the people at time didnt know about it.

I dont know about you guys, but how do you really know it is scam sites? did you conduct the test yourself? Are you a scientist?

There are lots of archeologycal find in south america, that cant be explain, highly precision cut from the stone for example.

The technology used in that day must have minimal standard mathematic, physical, chemical, geology wich the people at time didnt know about it.

Ron mate.. look up another thread that goes for a number of pages.. its been explained quite well on there how it was done etc over a number of months.. we really do not need another 100 odd pages explaining things again..

is that all you got?

What more is there? Was a simple reply to the OP to assure them they didn't offend anyone.

I watch it when its on - dont believe a word of it though :)

I think the dude George's hair may be an alien life form though :alien:

Yeah me too, and I do think its a great theroy to make people intrested in real science. The AA Theroy was the thing that got me in too astronmy and histroy.

They guy with the large hair is a.myestery too me.

• Like 1

Ron mate.. look up another thread that goes for a number of pages.. its been explained quite well on there how it was done etc over a number of months.. we really do not need another 100 odd pages explaining things again..

shall I dare to join in again.... :lol:

nah better yet, I'll send zoser in... that should keep him busy for a while AND keep him off the sensible threads :w00t:

• Like 4

is that all you got ?

is that all you got?

is that all you have?

Im wondering... youve said the same thing now in 3 consecutive posts.... more or less on the third comment anyway, so ermm..

is that all YOU got?

• Like 1

Im wondering... youve said the same thing now in 3 consecutive posts.... more or less on the third comment anyway, so ermm..

is that all YOU got?

I was wondering the same thing, and in fact I was beginning to wonder about trolling.

Rongit, welcome to UM and glad to have you here, but do take the time to post something more substantial like you did with your last post. We're constantly on the hunt for trolls at UM, so don't allow yourself to be caught up in the hunt. :tu:

• Like 1

By watching Ancient Aliens the show, I now know, that it not only has a show to cover it, the show literally includes/shows, forensic/scientific evidence/data to back it up/prove it’s validity…

Interesting to say the least…

Edited by CursedGift

By watching Ancient Aliens the show, I now know, that it not only has a show to cover it, the show literally includes/shows, forensic/scientific evidence/data to back it up/prove it’s validity…

come again?

• Like 2

I do hope you meant your post in jest, or I missunderstood that you are saying Ancient Aliens is a VALID proven factual show on our ancient past/history

in case i am wrong in that hope:

You do know that the claims that the show Ancient Aliens makes are not true and has been proven to be out and out lies/hoaxes or just plain wrong? (yes, i know all three of those lies/hoaxes/wrong basically mean the same :P that's the point).

The show has no validity, the ONLY good thing about the show is that it shows wonderful images from our past to look at. Sadly, 99% of everything else they 'claim', is false and has been factually proven to be wrong.

Von Daniken (who I am sure, is the main writer the show takes most of its material from) is a total nit wit.

heh and from someone who I do trust (sadly he is no longer with us)

That writing as careless as von Däniken's, whose principal thesis is that our ancestors were dummies, should be so popular is a sober commentary on the credulousness and despair of our times.... I also hope for the continuing popularity of books like Chariots of the Gods? in high school and college logic courses, as object lessons in sloppy thinking. I know of no recent books so riddled with logical and factual errors as the works of von Däniken.

—Carl Sagan, Foreword to The Space

Edited by willowdreams
  • Like 4

I hope you think the next video is interesting too:

• Like 4

When I was a teenager I used von Daniken's works to make the transition from comic books to more serious scientific excursions such as Thor Heyerdahl's ethnological theories about early human migration via 'primitive' ocean-going vessels. I never had the luxury of watching my favorite theoreticians on TV. I still don't have cable/satellite/whatever, and I remember the time when The History Channel was all-Nazi, all-the-time. That's one reason why I don't have cable. The History Channel has obviously degenerated, in lockstep with a generation--or two--who get so much of their information from screen and not paper.

That's why I think it's somewhat unfair, or uncharitable, to dismiss MJ's (a new UM'er) OP as hogwash. This individual is simply taking in information offered by pop culture and asking for alternate opinions. I hope this person hasn't been permanently alienated by some of the strident responses so as to not seek such alternative points of view in the future.

Sure, I'm an old fart. But I earned my opinions the 'old-fashioned way--' I read about them. Then I thought. Then I compared and contrasted readings, and asked for others' opinions. Then I discussed, argued or debated until I could make a tentative and provisional assessment of the information.

Let's at least give MJ credit for asking for others' opinions.

Edited by szentgyorgy
  • Like 3

When I was a teenager I used von Daniken's works to make the transition from comic books to more serious scientific excursions such as Thor Heyerdahl's ethnological theories about early human migration via 'primitive' ocean-going vessels. I never had the luxury of watching my favorite theoreticians on TV. I still don't have cable/satellite/whatever, and I remember the time when The History Channel was all-Nazi, all-the-time. That's one reason why I don't have cable. The History Channel has obviously degenerated, in lockstep with a generation--or two--who get so much of their information from screen and not paper.

That's why I think it's somewhat unfair, or uncharitable, to dismiss MJ's (a new UM'er) OP as hogwash. This individual is simply taking in information offered by pop culture and asking for alternate opinions. I hope this person hasn't been permanently alienated by some of the strident responses so as to not seek such alternative points of view in the future.

Sure, I'm an old fart. But I earned my opinions the 'old-fashioned way--' I read about them. Then I thought. Then I compared and contrasted readings, and asked for others' opinions. Then I discussed, argued or debated until I could make a tentative and provisional assessment of the information.

I can totally relate. I actually bought von Daniken's book myself. I was 13 and it seemed fascinating as well as Velikovsky though it didn't take long to realise there was something fishy about their claims.
  • Like 1

I don't believe in aliens piloting their spaceships in the ancient times to Earth and creating civilization or creating Humans via genetic engineering on existing species or such.

But I do consider Unintentional Panspermia or Directed Panspermia as options to the origin of life on earth. Not that it is a fact, but a speculation.

• Like 3

I dont think anyone went 'after' MJ.. I think however perhaps MJ did not understand fully, that this is a discussion forum, and debate, and so that any question would bring out all sides and start a debate/discussion between many people.

You have to get a thick skin when you go to forums like this :P

• Like 2

I dont think anyone went 'after' MJ.. I think however perhaps MJ did not understand fully, that this is a discussion forum, and debate, and so that any question would bring out all sides and start a debate/discussion between many people.

You have to get a thick skin when you go to forums like this :P

Yes, I know about the thick skin requirement. Hey, I have to put up with things as intrusive as other posters sending me bugs that then crawl all over my laptop screen (of course I'm jesting).

No, I wasn't thinking that anyone went after MJ, just that some UM neophytes might be put off by some harsher-sounding comments. I can imagine for some younger (but not necessarily; could be any age) people, what seems like a breakthrough in their perception of a new idea or concept just has to be fascinating and understandable to all. We learn, of course, that that's not true. And, so, we live and learn.

• Like 2

Use there search function and you'll find loads about AA on the forums.

You will also find that, except to a select vocal few, the show is complete and utter BS.

yea a very good series... its only the non believers who say programs like this are utter bull****, because there hooked on crap like x factor - big brother and other reality brainwashing crap they are fed and made to believe is real.:)

yea a very good series... its only the non believers who say programs like this are utter bull****, because there hooked on crap like x factor - big brother and other reality brainwashing crap they are fed and made to believe is real. :)

I happen to loathe reality tv in all its forms. In fact, I loathe most tv. AA is the worst of the lot. It's more than half outright lies and the rest is just made up. They regurgitate things that have been completely refuted.

Only the brain dead buy into that AA lies.

• Like 5

I happen to loathe reality tv in all its forms. In fact, I loathe most tv. AA is the worst of the lot. It's more than half outright lies and the rest is just made up. They regurgitate things that have been completely refuted.

Only the brain dead buy into that AA lies.

The AA theory in 3 minutes: :tu: and the contradictions :w00t:

• Like 5

[media=]

[/media]

Heh heh. What a stupid show. To hear Georgie boy tell it, everything is aliens.

Hey, what if zoser was Tsoukalos?! :lol:

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

Heh heh. What a stupid show. To hear Georgie boy tell it, everything is aliens.

Hey, what if zoser was Tsoukalos?! :lol:

I think his hair is hiding an elongated skull :alien:
  • Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

LOL Brilliant, seeder. Thanks for posting that. It pretty well sums up the flotsam that is Ancient Aliens.

Just watching that 3-minute clip, I'm ever amazed that thinking and reasoning people who possess even basic critical-thinking skills can buy into all this. :alien:

• Like 1

I know AA is fake.. lies.. I KNOW this.. but my son and (shamefacedly.. myself) cannot stop watching it because of that mans HAIR... plus.. we love to laugh at the lies of it and we keep thinking how absolutely no one will believe any of it.. because it is so obviously wrong.

But.. I admit it.. I cannot stop watching the show.. it is the hair.. the hair.. I am glad he is duping people with lies on aliens.. easier to laugh at him then.. but can you imagine him being into religion? A cult leader? his hair.. his hair.. it would lead so many into salvation..

the hair!

• Like 3