Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Affordable Health Care registration - torture

Raptor Witness

Governments don't run healthcare very well.

UK: NHS

Canada : Public Option + Medical Tourism(Fly To Texas)

Also, Obama forgot to put in Tort Reform.

Actually the NHS is almost universally regarded as a Good Idea in the UK. People complain about it a lot, but those complaints are mainly because they feel that the Govt. ought to invest more in it. I suppose one difference is that people don't have to make use of it, but are free to use the private sector if they wish.
  • Like 1

So, just out of curiosity, how did you know it was a 'bad idea' before it was voted on, if you hadn't read it either?

Others did read it. For example the good people over at the Heritage Foundation read it...alot of other people read it...and then folk like me read parts of it...so yeah...we knew what was in it. The point is that the FREAKING LEGISLATURE voted into being a law they hadn't even read. We were told by Pelosi...Well, we have to pass it to find out what's in it.

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny.

I've managed to finally inch my way along on Healthcare.gov.

First I couldn't get on the site, at all. That was day one and day two. Then I was able to enter some basic information, but couldn't get a password, so it didn't register me. Day three.

Then I was able to get a password, but couldn't set up my security questions. Day three, four.

Then I was able to enter in basic information about myself, address, phone number SS#. Day four ... second session.

Next I was supposed to be able to view the available plans. Not a chance ...

Forget it ... now the site has been closed down for days, and you can't access it.

The alternative route, is a phone number they give out, but I was on hold for that for 32 minutes tonight, before being cut off.

Next I'm going to try doing this face to face locally, and see where that gets me, but I have a feeling it will be a bad scene.

A week into this, and I've barely inched forward. It's like they're trying to give people just enough to keep them coming back for more Crazy.gov.

Don't do it.

Reports are so bad.

People who think they have signed up, have not.

So when they think their policy will go into affect, it won't.

People have been told they arent eligable, and are furloughed out to medicaid.

People who register and opt out at the end, have now given all their personal info, and are fined affinitum.

Don't do it

• Like 1

lol, it is kinda same as if you would ask, "how do you know you'll get wet, before you jump into the pool". gvmt is pretty reliable with bad ideas. that we can count on. not to mention, a fine, and even jail terms (initally), for not buying something, were know before it was passed. tax on life, is pretty bad idea, don't you think???

No. I don't think that. I think everyone having access to a Health Care plan is that important.

• Like 1

Others did read it. For example the good people over at the Heritage Foundation read it...alot of other people read it...and then folk like me read parts of it...so yeah...we knew what was in it. The point is that the FREAKING LEGISLATURE voted into being a law they hadn't even read. We were told by Pelosi...Well, we have to pass it to find out what's in it.

So how do you know the 'Freaking Legislature' didn't just read parts of it, or have the good people at the Heritage Foundation read it for them?

You're taking the word of Pelosi, whom I'm assuming you wouldn't trust as far as you could throw?

People seem to like that their kids can now stay on their insurance until age 26, or that they can still get coverage if they lose their job and have a pre-existing condition.

These are good things.

So how do you know the 'Freaking Legislature' didn't just read parts of it, or have the good people at the Heritage Foundation read it for them?

You're taking the word of Pelosi, whom I'm assuming you wouldn't trust as far as you could throw?

People seem to like that their kids can now stay on their insurance until age 26, or that they can still get coverage if they lose their job and have a pre-existing condition.

These are good things.

No, they aren't good things. Twenty six year olds are adults who should be out in the real world fending for themselves...not setting at home with Mommy and Daddy, eating Mommy and Daddy's food, etc. NOT a good thing.

And we know the Congress didn't read it because they said they didn't read it.

• Like 2

Actually the NHS is almost universally regarded as a Good Idea in the UK. People complain about it a lot, but those complaints are mainly because they feel that the Govt. ought to invest more in it. I suppose one difference is that people don't have to make use of it, but are free to use the private sector if they wish.

NHS = 2 Tier System

One for the rich.

One for everybody else.

These are good things.

Many of them admitted it at the time. There was one dem who said of course he didn't read it as it would take a team of lawyers no several days to read and understand it, but he voted yay anyhow. I'm sure someone knows who said it and can find a quote. As for Pelosi, yes she's a horrid person and professional liar but saying things like pass it to see what's in it and talking about not reading it aren't rehearsed lines. That's was her true self speaking out. The MSM calls that a gaffe when a republican does it.

Many of them admitted it at the time. There was one dem who said of course he didn't read it as it would take a team of lawyers no several days to read and understand it, but he voted yay anyhow. I'm sure someone knows who said it and can find a quote. As for Pelosi, yes she's a horrid person and professional liar but saying things like pass it to see what's in it and talking about not reading it aren't rehearsed lines. That's was her true self speaking out. The MSM calls that a gaffe when a republican does it.

The laws are written is Statutory Language.

Statutory Language is dense and difficult to understand.

Instead of reading legislation, they count money.

No. I don't think that. I think everyone having access to a Health Care plan is that important.

so tax on life is not a bad thing???

btw, everyone had access to health care plan.

and poor had free medicaid.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Yep, the poor had medicaid, the well off insurance companies, the rich private bills...only those between poor and well off got left out. That will be solved by the ACA. And my private bills will go down a bit because I don't have to pay for those who can't pay by themselves. Not bad I'd say.

• Like 1

We have more freedom with the old system. 90% of Americans liked it. :tu:

That's an A- isn't it?

We have more freedom with the old system. 90% of Americans liked it. :tu:

That's an A- isn't it?

Not following you there. What freedom won't you have now?

I can't say I'm a huge fan of taxes. But they are a fact of life in the modern society. To be honest, I'd much rather see my tax dollars spent on this than fund another war in a country that doesn't give two craps about our views or ways of life.

But there are plenty of folks that slipped through the cracks on Health Care. That's where the 'affordable' part comes in.

Edited by supervike

Yep, the poor had medicaid, the well off insurance companies, the rich private bills...only those between poor and well off got left out. That will be solved by the ACA. And my private bills will go down a bit because I don't have to pay for those who can't pay by themselves. Not bad I'd say.

lmoa. will talk about it later, you have no clue what is going to be like. once you'll get slapped with 5k deductable, i'll see how you'll sing than.

But there are plenty of folks that slipped through the cracks on Health Care. That's where the 'affordable' part comes in.

see my respond to Q's post, same goes for yours.

Edited by aztek

lmoa. will talk about it later, you have no clue what is going to be like. once you'll get slapped with 5k deductable, i'll see how you'll sing than.

Well, that's what sucks about insurance. To keep it affordable, sometimes the deduction has to be lofty. But, I'd much rather be paying on a 5K bill than one that would financially ruin me.

Well, that's what sucks about insurance. To keep it affordable, sometimes the deduction has to be lofty. But, I'd much rather be paying on a 5K bill than one that would financially ruin me.

lol, blind faith eventially hurts a lot. will come back to it in a year, or so. than you'll tell me what you'd rather pay. and how affordable it is. assuming you had to use it.

Edited by aztek

When you get the Bronze Plan, then you have to find a doctor who will accept it. Good luck.

NHS = 2 Tier System

One for the rich.

One for everybody else.

The whole point is that it's there for people who can't afford to go private. Of course the rich would be able to afford whatever they can afford. That's how everything works. But it's hardly an argument for not having a Health service at all, is it. That's a ridiculous argument.

Well life long enormous monthly insurance payments and gigantic deductibles will financially ruin most of America anyways. This things a mess man and the low information voters, see below, are about to start getting informed the hard way. Look for the following to be a common outcry in the near future....

OBAMACARE SUPPORTER: "OF COURSE I WANT PEOPLE TO HAVE HEALTH CARE, I JUST DIDN’T REALIZE I WOULD BE THE ONE WHO WAS GOING TO PAY FOR IT PERSONALLY"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/07/obamacare-supporter-of-course-i-want-people-to-have-health-care-i-just-didnt-realize-i-would-be-the-one-who-was-going-to-pay-for-it/

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

ESP, my friend, ESP....

Extra Sensory Partisanship. Most people have that.

Look at how hard some people try to lipstick up these two pigs. When being anti-Obama becomes all that matters, that's a useful tool for everyone across the aisle but a useless fool to me.

Sorry kids, the solutions to our problems don't come in Republican Party shaped boxes. Those are the boxes our problems arrived in.

Well life long enormous monthly insurance payments and gigantic deductibles will financially ruin most of America anyways. This things a mess man and the low information voters, see below, are about to start getting informed the hard way. Look for the following to be a common outcry in the near future....

So you think that premiums and deductibles should be as cheap as they are right now and let's just keep on doing what we've been doing sans Obamacare?