Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Citizens blatanly ignore shutdown of parks

spartan max2

Because it's against the 1884 law that says government employees will be jailed for spending any money not authorized be Congress.

So jails are "essential spending" then?

Zion National Park. The same at the one in southern California.

On their website it says $25 for a seven day pass. And to think we complained when one of our local places went from being free to charging $5 for parking the whole weekend.

• Like 1

On their website it says $25 for a seven day pass. And to think we complained when one of our local places went from being free to charging $5 for parking the whole weekend.

Hmm. I think the fifty dollars was for the season.
  • Like 1

Because it's against the 1884 law that says government employees will be jailed for spending any money not authorized by Congress.

How can they then arriest anyone in the park. Aren't the rangers part of that, its illegal with out congresses say so law.

My boss went camping this week at a national park.. they totally ignored the signs. LOL. He bought his park pass, he bought his fishing and hunting licenses and he's determined to use what he paid for. Only fair.

• Like 1

My boss went camping this week at a national park.. they totally ignored the signs. LOL. He bought his park pass, he bought his fishing and hunting licenses and he's determined to use what he paid for. Only fair.

That does worry me; with no law enforcement on hand your boss could be in danger. At any rate the longer this goes on the more the lawless will tend to move in.

So jails are "essential spending" then?

of course! But really it would probably happen later.

Edited by ninjadude

Hmm; last time I went (quite a few years ago) it cost me fifty dollars just to drive through.

just curious. .. why did you purchase a season pass to"just drive through"(the park)? Edited by acidhead

How can they then arriest anyone in the park. Aren't the rangers part of that, its illegal with out congresses say so law.

The parks are closed so there is no one to arrest them. except to guard the gates (essential employees) which is why the barricades were up.

That does worry me; with no law enforcement on hand your boss could be in danger. At any rate the longer this goes on the more the lawless will tend to move in.

I don't worry about him at all. He knows what he's doing. He's smarter and more experienced than average folk out there.

• Like 3

The parks are closed so there is no one to arrest them. except to guard the gates (essential employees) which is why the barricades were up.

Threre's not even anyone at the gates out here... the enterance gates are closed... the exit gates are open. haha. In through the out door.

• Like 1

I see it as a protest against stupidness.

• Like 2

just curious. .. why did you purchase a season pass to"just drive through"(the park)?

Yea I remember the trip; they told us it would be cheaper in the long run as we had several parks to get through.

My complaint is that these are "National Parks," run like private businesses. Doesn't strike me as very free since only those with money can go there.

A lot of these parks are main roads and are the only way to get from one place to the other in many areas. Sure they can close off the side roads, but other than that not much can be done.

The money I supposed to help preserve the forest. I repeat suppose to.

Whenever politicians impose a tax, they always have some "good thing" it is for. I just remember thinking that the fees are a small nail in the coffin of American freedom.

• Like 1

A lot of these parks are main roads and are the only way to get from one place to the other in many areas. Sure they can close off the side roads, but other than that not much can be done.

these aren't the parks being targeted. It is the yellow stone park and others like it, you know the ones that I'll hurt the citizens.

these aren't the parks being targeted. It is the yellow stone park and others like it, you know the ones that I'll hurt the citizens.

Check your typos bud, they can be misconstrued easily

Do you seriously feel helpless unless law enforcement are close by?

• Like 1

Not helpless, but having them around helps. Don't be naive about your personal abilities; the criminal always has the advantage.

With one or two park rangers for over 1000 acres of woods in some areas down here the odds of one being there when you need them are slim to none anyway.

• Like 4

Ha, when people travel to faraway places, they don't let a government shutdown stop them from doing what they planned to do :P

• Like 1

With one or two park rangers for over 1000 acres of woods in some areas down here the odds of one being there when you need them are slim to none anyway.

You have a weird idea of how law enforcement does its job. Clue: random patrols are a minor part of it and only deter, not prevent.

I knew a park ranger... he loved it when he was acting as a guide on nature hikes and explaining woodsy things to visitors. He quit when his job changed into something more akin to being a cop. Sign of the times.

• Like 2