Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SpiritWriter

In one of my most vivid meditations I have ever received, this was when I first began meditating, I had a very acute visualization of a world full of pomegranates, I saw the fruit everywhere, I saw its development, I was given a whole world full of them that I can't really explain, but just imagine pomegranates growing all around me, swirling through the air etc. Anyway after that, the very next day I went to a coffee shop and there were pictures on all the walls depicting pomegranates. The title of the series was "Pomegranate Meditations" which I thought was outstanding since I had just had this very intense meditation about pomegranates. This was during a time which I was experiencing a lot of synchronicity events as I was going through the initial stages of a spiritual transformation (that I am still going through). It is 3 or 4 years later now but I do recall this time as special and occurring after another very vivid meditation about butterflies and we all know what butterflies mean. ;)

I am not saying that this coincidence by itself, this vivid meditation one day and then entering a coffee shop the next day with pomegranate meditations covering the walls, was not something that I should consider on its own to be synchronisitic, I definitely think that it is, or that synchronicity events do not always happen around, I think that they do... but this was a special time for me and because of this coincidence I looked up the symbolism of pomegranates. I saw that this fruit represented a good many spiritually symbolic things but one of them was rebirth and this was at a time that meaning meant something to me.

I have said this before on this site: when I first started meditating I did receive many vivid meditations and then my meditations got less vivid for me. I still did them and still received meaning from them even though the pictures were less intense.

I say this to say that it is still infrequent for me to receive full vivid meditations with real pictures.

Last night I brought home some pure pomegranate juice. I finished my 100% pure black cherry juice, which is a high antioxidant berry and then I had two cups of the pomegranate juice. I woke up in the middle of the night wanting more. You know how your body knows it wants something and it craves it, it was like that.

Today at the park I was walking my dog and we stopped and sat by some ducks on a log near some water. This is a place that I used to come and begin my prayer walk, so in this location I have said lots of prayers to god and also have heard from god as well. It is actually a very special place to me now that I think about it. Anyway, I started to see visualizations as I sat on the log. They were not vivid but they were made of light and swirled in patterns like you see in many meditation posters and artwork etc. I covered my eyes and saw new color variations, I pressed on my eyes and saw even further color variations, I uncovered my eyes again for even more color variations. By the end of it I was seeing almost vividly. I was seeing again pomegranates and fruit formations, for example a cut open orange spinning around, but it was as if the inside of the fruit was being formed as it swirled with its middle in front of my eyes, again similar to meditation posters that you may see, (which looks completely different when it is authentic from the brain and perhaps may be different for everyone?) The formations that were created before my third eye were definitely of the pomegranate as well as other fruit. It was fully animated and active, definite formations, color patterns, pulp and light.

(The paragraph above talks about the meditation I had at the end of my walk, but I also had another good meditation while walking, it wasn't vivid, but it was transportative if that makes sense. I was actually taken away (in my mind) by the experience, as if I was having a dream while I was walking and receiving a message from that dream, but in the form of symbolic story rather than words or specific message. - I add this part to reinforce the fact that my mind was active and receiving images/whatever you want to call it/spiritual messages/dealing with consciousness.)

So.... during the end of the meditation I was having sitting by those ducks, when I started seeing the pomegranate, I want to say I knew that it was because of the drink that I had experienced a more intense meditation experience than normal. But I don't know that for sure, the thought came to my mind though, and I do think it has something to do with it.

After pondering this I also started thinking, as I have thought many times before, if I cut some things out of my intake that affects my body and brain and put more things in it like this pomegranate and dark cherry juice, I will continue to have clearer visualizations and this equals a healthier consciousness.

Are there any thoughts on this?

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 6

That is amazing. I wish I could drink more of it, but the last time I bought one of those cool looking bottles of Pomegranate juice, I got sick for days! I puked everything up and then some. Perhaps it was just one bad experience though, I've read plenty of good things about it.

It is incredible that you can have these experiences without the help of anything else. :D

• Like 1

Yes the palmagranite is a very special plant. I think your experience is awesome... But just a word of caution. It's juice is highly active. By itself it's harmless, but it can also mix with other things especially prescription drugs or other potent substances. Your experience sound a lot like one of these reactions. Study up a bit. And if you are taking anything else particularly statins or even antidepressant or cannibus make sure you know the interaction.

Take care.

• Like 3

Grapefruit is the one you really want to watch in terms of what you take with it.

That said, I take a statin and regularly eat grapefruit. I just reduced my statin dose accordingly.

• Like 1

Yes the palmagranite is a very special plant. I think your experience is awesome... But just a word of caution. It's juice is highly active. By itself it's harmless, but it can also mix with other things especially prescription drugs or other potent substances. Your experience sound a lot like one of these reactions. Study up a bit. And if you are taking anything else particularly statins or even antidepressant or cannibus make sure you know the interaction.

Take care.

Hmm... is that right? Thanks for that info good man.

Those are some cool visualizations. I always end up falling asleep when I try to meditate. Need to practice more.

On pomegranate juice, I like it with a bit o' really good vodka.... now that's a drink. :tu:

• Like 2

Pomegranate is good for you. I've been taking it in one form or another, mostly juice, for years now. :tu:

Cannot say that it has caused dreams or visualizations though.

This is very reminiscent of something that occurred to me some years ago too..

I saw a world full of apple trees, as far as the eye could see..

Maybe they were pomegranates? I'm obviously not fruity enough to know, that is to say, I don't know my fruits... lol..

At any-rate, The next time I see pomegranates I'm going to get some.. I've read up on the health benefits of pomegranate, and am blown away that the strengths of this fruit is equal to the weaknesses I suffer in health..

• Like 1

This reminds me of the ancient Greek myth about Persephone, but it's probably unrelated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1118911/

"By eating a few pomegranate seeds, Persephone tied herself to Hades—the pomegranate being a symbol of the indissolubility of marriage."

• Like 2

This reminds me of the ancient Greek myth about Persephone, but it's probably unrelated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1118911/

"By eating a few pomegranate seeds, Persephone tied herself to Hades—the pomegranate being a symbol of the indissolubility of marriage."

No, it's related. The fruit is full of myth for a good reason. It goes even further back than Greek myth.

• Like 1

Those are some cool visualizations. I always end up falling asleep when I try to meditate. Need to practice more.

On pomegranate juice, I like it with a bit o' really good vodka.... now that's a drink. :tu:

I don't see any reason to make fun of this subject. You may find it a way to cure your insomnia, but it is well known that meditation can be very beneficial to both mind and body. For centuries many cultures have used various forms of meditation (which often involve substances ranging from harmless to psychotropic) with often extremely positive results.

And as to mixing pomegranate with vodka, I'm not at all surprised that you have trouble keeping conscious, let alone coherent enough to gain any benefit from your fruitless attempts at meditation.

• Like 1

I don't see any reason to make fun of this subject. You may find it a way to cure your insomnia, but it is well known that meditation can be very beneficial to both mind and body. For centuries many cultures have used various forms of meditation (which often involve substances ranging from harmless to psychotropic) with often extremely positive results.

And as to mixing pomegranate with vodka, I'm not at all surprised that you have trouble keeping conscious, let alone coherent enough to gain any benefit from your fruitless attempts at meditation.

Oh, expose your sense of humor! I can see it anyway. ;) Let's go grab a drinkypoo.... :D

LOL!

sea-breeze.jpg

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 2

I'm not sure drinking fruit juices are good for you. My diabetes advisors tell me to eat the whole fruit but not drink juices. Something to do with the speed with which the fructose enters the blood.

• Like 2

Meditation does nothing for your health that sitting quietly and listening to good music won't do. Let us not over-promise. The benefits of meditation are mental and spiritual, not particularly physical.

Oh, expose your sense of humor! I can see it anyway. ;) Let's go grab a drinkypoo.... :D

LOL!

sea-breeze.jpg

Okay. You talked me into it. :tu:

• Like 1

Okay. You talked me into it. :tu:

As if I would have to work very hard to convince you! LOL

You may drink the dark, spiked elixir of meditation out of my belly button, my darling SOURCE of all stuffs. :P

• Like 1

Meditation does nothing for your health that sitting quietly and listening to good music won't do. Let us not over-promise. The benefits of meditation are mental and spiritual, not particularly physical.

No worries, I agree with everything you said. :yes:

Unfortunately my sense of humor doesn't translate so well online at times. :hmm:

• Like 1

As if I would have to work very hard to convince you! LOL

You may drink the dark, spiked elixir of meditation out of my belly button, my darling SOURCE of all stuffs. :P

Now that is my favorite form of meditation, my deliciously sweet lady! :w00t::wub:

• Like 2

You are kidding right? Most of our ailments are directly related to mental health. Lower blood pressure, lower stress. All these are directly related to physical problems .....of course meditation is good for you physically.

• Like 4

pomegranates.. $2.58 each in NZ. :unsure2: no wonder fit and healthy people ride bikes and Jog.. They can't afford to drive a car.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 2

Yeah my juice was on sale $4.99 for 32 oz.. made by Langers.

Very expensive even on sale.

I remember a friend telling me once that when he was in Israel, you could go out into the market places they have and find vendor who will sell you a tall glass of fresh squeezed pomegranate juice and they squeeze it right out there in front of you, no bottling or processing, just squeeze and drink. While he was there he'd go a couple times a day and get juice from this vendor. When he came home to the US after being there a month he actually went through what he described as withdrawl. He wound up planting his own pomegranate trees.

• Like 1