Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senate Leaders 'Reach Deal' To Avert Default

Still Waters

I'm actually hoping the GOP bring this up again, just so they all get voted out. Even the most dense person will realize that it's them next time around. They should really stop trying to repeal laws and living in the past, and think about our future. But they don't want to do that. No original ideas to speak of for them, and if they have one, it's usually in the form of nonsense.

Edited by andy4

Captain Orange just couldn't withstand the pressure from the dems..

Still, his orangeyness is impressive. More orange than a pumpkin. Orangierer than a basketball. Almost as orange as a guy, whose face is painted orange!

110807_john_boehner_605_ap.jpg

• Like 1

Hopefully this will get an open vote in the House. Sounds like there's enough moderate Republicans who are sick of this mess and want it ended. Of course in a few months I wouldn't be surprised if the Tea Party tried to take the country hostage again. Seems to be the only thing they know how to do. Why go through proper political process when you can just threaten millions of Americans. :rolleyes:

Man you guys are funny. Suddenly neo con republicans are "moderate". No they are establishment scum who pretend to be against the Dems, even though both do the same damn things when in power. Welcome to the paradigm.

• Like 3

Still, his orangeyness is impressive. More orange than a pumpkin. Orangierer than a basketball. Almost as orange as a guy, whose face is painted orange!

As orange as a Grunka Lunka!

Grunka_Lunkas.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome we kicked the problem down the road again.... Democrats and moderates are proud of this?

• Like 1

Is it just me or did Boehner get even MORE orange during the shutdown?? ;)

"Cruz's wife is currently head of the Southwest Region in the Investment Management Division of Goldman, Sachs & Co."

I'm just going to leave this here...

I know....and I've been hearing things about his Father's support of Castro in Cuba....Starting to be very wary of him now....I'll admit, at first I thought he was sincere, but now I wonder.....

Looks like senate minority leader Mitch mcconnel got a pretty sweet deal out of all of this.

The devil is in the details:

- Bipartisan Deal

- Fund the Government until January 15, 2014

- Agree to Budget Conference December 13, 2013

- Add Income Verification to ObamaCare

- $3 Billion Pork Barrel Project for Senator Mitch McConnel and his home state of Kentucky !!! What ?!

I think that income verification deal to ObamaCare seems like a prudent idea.

In case you were wondering, THIS is the 35 Page deal pushed out the door by Reid and McConnell.

You can find the $2.9 Billion Kentucky Kickback to Sen. McConnell at the top of Page 13.

If you look closely, you can see funding for War on Terrorism.

The Income Verification was thrown in at the end.

It's really not that hard to understand. Every member of congress should read this 35 page bill.

Here is the link:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/176700236/Text-of-Senate-budget-agreement

To end the government shutdown and raise the debt ceiling without accepting any meaningful GOP conditions, President Obama resorted to falsehoods, wounded American democracy, and damaged U.S. global leadership.

The president accused the House GOP majority of refusing to pay bills Congress has already racked up, not doing its job, and defying the outcome of the 2012 election.

In reality, the $17 trillion outstanding national debt funded past spending, and raising the debt ceiling is all about the government spending more than it taxes going forward. The Constitution requires that revenue bills originate in the House, not the president’s desk. If Obama wants to spend more than the country can afford, it requires him to negotiate with the House—that’s where the framers put the money.

The House was given this power because it is closest to the pulse of the people, who, in 2012, elected a majority of representatives promising to cut spending and reduce deficits.

Obama’s victory in the 2012 presidential election turned on many issues, including immigration, foreign policies toward China and in the Middle East, and the environment. It is disingenuous to say his election affirmed voter support for the Affordable Care Act.

Poll after poll -- at the time the ACA was passed, during the election, and now -- revealed the majority of Americans don’t like the law and want it substantially revised or repealed.

The ethnic breakdown of the 2012 election results indicate Obama’s victory was much more the result of Governor Romney’s inability to appeal to Latino and Asian voters.

Each month the government collects $250 billion in taxes, and if the Congress had decided not to raise the debt ceiling, Secretary Lew still would have had adequate resources to pay the $23 billion in interest to the public.

Each month, the government spends about $315 billion. If the House judges the resulting accumulation of $65 billion in new debt to be too burdensome -- as the public has repeatedly expressed by electing conservatives to the House -- the president has a constitutional duty to negotiate with the House rather than demand “clean bills” and spend as he pleases. The House would be derelict to simply roll over to presidential demands for powers the Constitution does not provide.

Link: http://www.breitbart...ibly-High-Price

Yeah, more debt!

Meanwhile....

China’s Dagong credit rating agency on October 17th downgraded its United States sovereign credit rating to A- and maintained its negative outlook on America’s solvency. Dagong warned that despite Washington's last-minute resolution of the debt ceiling deadlock, “The fundamental situation that the debt growth rate significantly outpaces that of fiscal income and gross domestic product remains unchanged.”

China's official state-run news agency, Xinhua, reiterated its statements that because of the continuing risk of a U.S. debt default, it is “a good time for the befuddled world to start considering building a de-Americanized world.” This language is code for China wanting to abandon the U.S. dollar as the world’s “reserve currency” and move international financial transactions to the renminbi, the currency of the People's Republic of China.

Link: http://www.breitbart...Dump-the-Dollar

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

The articles would have made sense if the writers had a clue. Obama didn't demand "clean bills". The continuing resolution "not a budget" was ALREADY negotiated and passed by the house and the senate. The shutdown was due to the fact that the GOP had the bright idea to wait until the last minute and try to throw a curveball. It was not about "negotiating". The negotiating was done. There is no budget...there has been no budget for years. It is up to the house and the senate to determine a budget, and they have failed to do so. So cry about Obama all you want...until the house and senate approve a budget, it's all just that...crying.

• Like 1

The articles would have made sense if the writers had a clue. Obama didn't demand "clean bills". The continuing resolution "not a budget" was ALREADY negotiated and passed by the house and the senate. The shutdown was due to the fact that the GOP had the bright idea to wait until the last minute and try to throw a curveball. It was not about "negotiating". The negotiating was done. There is no budget...there has been no budget for years. It is up to the house and the senate to determine a budget, and they have failed to do so. So cry about Obama all you want...until the house and senate approve a budget, it's all just that...crying.

Obviously, you don't get that America has such an unsustainable debt that our grandchildren won't even be able to pay it off....

us-debt-load.png

Edited by Kowalski

I really could care less about the debt. Yes, spending needs to be cut, but it has to be done very carefully, and not at the expense of the people, and that includes military and federal employees. Alot of people on here forget that these are regular people trying to make a living to support their families. Debt? Countries owe us money too, don't forget that part. Debt? Come get it...that's what I say.

I really could care less about the debt. Yes, spending needs to be cut, but it has to be done very carefully, and not at the expense of the people, and that includes military and federal employees. Alot of people on here forget that these are regular people trying to make a living to support their families. Debt? Countries owe us money too, don't forget that part. Debt? Come get it...that's what I say.

CNBC discovered that most Americans don't even know what the debt limit is ?!!!

Apathy Gone Wild !

We will be right back to another battle in 90 days.

In the meantime Obama will try and fail to push through an immigration bill. - No Amnesty -

Yes, Americans have learned that it only costs $23 Billion a month to pay interest on the debt.

Knowledge is Power. Slowly, we are learning the truth.

Now we all know what a Pork Barrel Project looks like. It's on Page 13.

Look for the number $2,918,000,000. It's the Kentucky Kickback for Senator McConnell !

http://www.scribd.com/doc/176700236/Text-of-Senate-budget-agreement

• Like 1

Yes, Americans have learned that it only costs $23 Billion a month to pay interest on the debt.

Knowledge is Power. Slowly, we are learning the truth.

Now we all know what a Pork Barrel Project looks like. It's on Page 13.

Look for the number $2,918,000,000. It's the Kentucky Kickback for Senator McConnell !

http://www.scribd.co...udget-agreement

That shouldn't surprise anyone about McConnell....

That shouldn't surprise anyone about McConnell....

This 35 Page bill is nice and short and easy to understand.

We should all read it.

Senator Mitch McConnell shenanigans have been pushed out into the bright sunlight for all to see.

What exactly is the NEW Debt Limit ? It was $16.7 Trillion.

Is it now $17 Trillion ? 90 Day Kick the Can maneuver?

Looks like Federal workers did okay. Not only did they get a paid vacation, but now it looks like they are getting pay raises too,

Unbelievable !!

http://www.washingto...eral-pay-raise/

Why exactly is a 1% raise unbelievable? The pay of federal workers has been frozen for three years. A 1% raise in 3 years is not doing okay.

Edit: And just for the record...the six furlough days over the summer are and will stay unpaid. This only applies to the shutdown furlough.

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1

Looks like Federal workers did okay. Not only did they get a paid vacation, but now it looks like they are getting pay raises too,

Unbelievable !!

Yes but the Sequester has the federal budget deficit getting smaller.

The numbers are getting smaller over at The U.S. Debt Clock.org.

Unbelievable !!

I'm not surprised...Of course they were going to get paid....All this b****** from these "unnecessary" government workers was/is just ludicrous...I don't know many people who can take a two week vacation and still get paid, and a raise as well....Maybe they should just be thankful they have a job, with a steady paycheck....

Check this out as well...

Link: http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/media-cover-shutdown-victims-over-obamacare-victims-100-1

Appearantly, furloughed government workers who are getting back pay, are more important then the little people are being s****** over by Obamacare....And those little people don't get back pay....

• Like 1

Why exactly is a 1% raise unbelievable? The pay of federal workers has been frozen for three years. A 1% raise in 3 years is not doing okay.

Edit: And just for the record...the six furlough days over the summer are and will stay unpaid. This only applies to the shutdown furlough.

Because most ( regular / non government ) employees are getting nothing.

Keep in mind, Federal employee's get their paychecks off the backs off hard working tax-payers.

• Like 2

I wonder how the American people will feel when they get penalized / taxed for not signing up for ObamaCare? The website is DEAD.

The website will get fixed. State exchanges are working fine. And for the millionth time 270 million of us ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE. WE WON"T BE TAXED OR PENALIZED. Please learn something for once.

I think that income verification deal to ObamaCare seems like a prudent idea.

except that's ALREADY in the law.